Redian新闻
>
APAD:Never reveal a man's wage and woman's age

APAD:Never reveal a man's wage and woman's age

移花接木
楼主 (文学城)

Never reveal a man's wage, and woman's age

This was even legit in times where women were judged by the age because of fertility. And men were judged by salary because he was the breadwinner!

But in today's society, these are nothing but taboos! yes, in the concepts like arrange marriages age and salary are two main features that are showcased!

Why do they say never ask a man his salary?
The common consensus is that questions about a person's salary are “rude” and therefore off-limits. Divulging your salary can make you feel self-conscious because you're afraid that people will either pity or envy you, and neither of those are comfortable positions.

Why is it taboo to ask a woman her age?

Well, why, indeed? A society that extols youth and degrades age has poisoned the pleasure of having a long life, but people have curiously adopted this attitude. Often, even employers (illegally) value youth over experience.

In social circumstances, it has thought ridiculous to consider one’s age an embarrassment. Nevertheless, it is — to many gentlemen, as well as ladies — and therefore, that question should not be asked of anyone except children.

最西边的岛上
2 楼
true in the west. but might be different in other culture ;)
最西边的岛上
3 楼
trueStory: when myDad came 2CanadaVisiting & met a neighbour

man who is father of a Chinese couple. After their first meetup, my dad knew (thus I knew) the ages of the man and the other couple & their wages, and I bet they knew mine too (but I didn't dare to check). 

Note: I was working in the same company as the couple. 

移花接木
4 楼
哈哈 I didn't know my neighbor's name tho we greet each day
7grizzly
5 楼
The grapevine is more powerful than the press :-)
7grizzly
6 楼
In the west, men seem also more insecure about age.
最西边的岛上
7 楼
unfortunately I know most my neighbours ages (they told;-))
最西边的岛上
8 楼
hate gossiping but couldn't stop old men talking ;-)
最西边的岛上
9 楼
but age discrimination is illegal in NA?
7grizzly
10 楼
No need to. You'd kill 90% of the fun.
7grizzly
11 楼
That's good. But law and life are not always the same.
天边一片白云
12 楼
Haha。like your story.
天边一片白云
13 楼
True. Don't ask wage or age of anybody.
最西边的岛上
14 楼
wished myDad would have had checked withMe 1st b4 meetup ;((
相关阅读
Woolworths 6月26日-7月2日打折,元气森林、红袋米半价APAD: A woman’s work is never doneAPAD: it is now or never2024年8月绿卡排期出炉:亲属移民两类前进医院里的肌肉A Farmer and A Cook's 2024: Snow white and the Seven DwarfsAPAD: Rack and Ruin反人类的大韩航空Woolworths本周最新打折图表 8月14日--8月20日!Woolworths 8月14日-8月20日打折,porterhouse牛排6折误报是华人(Chinese man)刺杀川普,纽约邮报网上道歉2024年8月17日星期六RELO广州英语教学研讨会纽约邮报悄悄地把"Chinese man"换成"white male",既不声明更不道歉!不要指望这种烂媒体有任何可信度APAD:Never trust a skinny chefWoolworths本周最新打折图表 6月26日--7月2日!!2024年8月14-18日吉利根老师催眠线上授证课第三模块(附广州精英催眠营证书课程时间)都是日落的丹佛ND和Macys有美妆85折,Lancome 和shiseido 的套装半价,还有礼品送提高警惕,保卫祖国,要准备打仗APAD: The more U praise and celebrate, the more there is2024 美国麻州 国际沙雕艺术节 精彩纷呈@Revere Beach MA@7/19~7/21/242024年8月最新移民排期:职业移民无变化,仅亲属移民表B部分类别前进美华还是有guts的,nypost说抢手是个Chinese man出租房申请人要告我APAD:It is nice finding that place where you can just go andNND, the gold race between USA and China is neck2024年8月29-9月3日广州 《精英催眠营》精品工作坊,成为你自己的催眠大师!我们这里的医护人员谈论, 发现越来越多的brain cancer , age group 20APAD:Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are.New York Post 为什么要污蔑枪手是chinese man?
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。