You dreamt a rainbow
you said, hung over the horizon’s window
I was blinded by moonlight
I said, on a starless silent night
Sun rose and tide fell
Could you kindly tell
Where I was last night

GPT
"Moon and Tide" is a short poem that evokes themes of love, longing, and the contrast between different perspectives. Let's analyze it stanza by stanza:
Stanza 1: "In your eyes shone a full moon In my heart rose a high tide Beyond a beach in maroon we sailed to an island’s curbside"
This stanza sets the scene and introduces the central imagery of the poem. The speaker describes seeing a full moon reflected in the eyes of the person they address. This image suggests a sense of beauty, brightness, and perhaps even a romantic or ethereal quality. Additionally, the speaker expresses their emotional state by saying that a high tide rose in their heart. This metaphorical language implies a surge of intense emotions or passion. The mention of a beach in maroon and sailing to an island's curbside indicates a journey or escape from the mundane reality to a more enchanting place.
Stanza 2: "You dreamt a rainbow you said, hung over the horizon’s window I was blinded by moonlight I said, on a starless silent night"
In this stanza, contrasting perspectives are highlighted. The person the speaker addresses mentions dreaming of a rainbow, symbolizing hope, beauty, and positivity. The rainbow is depicted as hanging over the horizon's window, indicating a distant but alluring possibility. In contrast, the speaker states that they were blinded by moonlight on a starless and silent night. This suggests a sense of being overwhelmed or consumed by their own emotions, unable to perceive the positive elements mentioned by the other person.
Stanza 3: "Sun rose and tide fell Could you kindly tell Where I was last night"
The final stanza brings a shift in the imagery and tone. The sun rising and the tide falling signify a transition from the darkness and intensity of the previous night. The speaker seeks clarification, asking the person they address if they can kindly tell them where they were the night before. This question could imply a longing for connection, an acknowledgment of the disorienting nature of their emotions, or even a sense of being lost in their own feelings.
Overall, "Moon and Tide" explores the interplay between different emotional states, perspectives, and the impact they have on the perception of reality. It employs vivid imagery and contrasts to convey a sense of longing, beauty, and the complexities of human emotions.

花似鹿葱
2 楼
颤音一个主题衍生这么多内容,厉害!
66的山梁
3 楼
又一篇好诗!
lovecat08
4 楼
赞好诗!
颤音
5 楼
谢谢,因为光和影无处不在
颤音
6 楼
谢谢66和爱猫
lovecat08
7 楼
+100
renqiulan
8 楼
This is a nocturnal poet.
renqiulan
9 楼
Don't get too close to a black hole.
shuier
10 楼
The poet might be drunk on moonshine.
shuier
11 楼
A poetic black hole?
renqiulan
12 楼
You're a "pun gal." Moonshine? Hahahaha...!
颤音
13 楼
my favorite drink is IPA, i did write a poem to praise it
renqiulan
14 楼
Yup. It's powered by poetic gravity.
颤音
15 楼
smarty, though it's disallowed by my wife and son
shuier
16 楼
Better than a punk gal. Right?
颤音
17 楼
even on father's day, happy father's day Renzi
颤音
18 楼
forget that sucker :-(
shuier
19 楼
So everything would be swallowed and lost.
renqiulan
20 楼
Thank you! Same to you.
renqiulan
21 楼
Except poetry.
shuier
22 楼
Post it!
颤音
23 楼
恭敬不如从命
颤音
24 楼
what a difference can one letter make
相关阅读
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。