上帝和我都很不容易,你别给我整砸了
通常里的爸爸和妈妈是这样的吧。
但是,我们的爸爸有时候是这样子的,叫我如何不感动!
Philip, I want to tell your a story.
Philip, 我想讲个故事给你听。
and like all good stories it starts like this...
象所有美好的故事一样,开始是酱紫的...
Once upon a time, there was a father and in case you can't figure that out , that's me.
从前,有这么个爹,以防你搞不清楚,这个爹就是我。
This father has a wonderful little boy. He was very happy.
这个爹有个很棒的小男孩,他很幸福。
Then one day, he found out his wife was going to have another baby.
然后有一天,他发现他的妻子马上又要有另外一个宝宝了。
So I prayed ,“ Lord if it's your will...make her a little girl." And he did.
于是我祈祷,“ 上帝啊,如果这是您的意愿,那么就让她是个小女孩吧。” 上帝确实是这样办的。
I was the first person to hold her in my arms.
我是第一个把她拥入怀中的那个人。
And I looked at her and said, "Lord, make her like her mother." And he did.
我看着她,然后说,“ 上帝啊,让她象她娘吧。“ 上帝办到了。
She was loving and giving and so good and so kind.
她有爱心,懂奉献,好心又善良。
But then I realized I was getting left out. So I said, " Lord, make her like me." And he did.
但是我发现我漏掉了我自己。于是我说,“上帝啊,让她也象我吧。” 上帝又办到了。
She could drive a truck and a tractor. She could load hay and chew tobacco.
她可以驾驶卡车还有拖拉机。她能搬草堆也能嚼烟草。
Do you realize what you're getting?
现在你知道你将要得到的是个什么宝贝了吧?
But at the same time, she was opinionated, emotional and hard-headed.
但是同时,她又很有主见,很情绪化而且很固执。
So I said, "Lord, that's enough of that! Make her like you." And he did.
所以我说,“上帝啊,已经足够了,让她象你些吧。” 上帝也办到了。
He gave her the desire to serve people. She loves people.
他给予她服务于大家的热情,让她爱护着其他人。
She gave her life to being a nurse. She's bought people back from the dead.
她不遗余力得成为一个护士。她救死扶伤,
And she's held the hand of people who have breathed their last breath.
握住那些即将离开人世的手,让他们安然离去
He gave her a heart for missions and she's trekked all over the world.
他给予了她一份责任心,让她走遍世界
Pushed canoes up swollen rivers. Laid on the floor as bullets whizzed outside.
她曾经独自推行独木舟逆流而上,也曾经俯卧在地听子弹呼啸而过
So she could tell people about Jesus.
这样她向人们传递着上帝的福音
But still something was missing. So I said, " Lord, make her happy."
但是,有些事情似乎被忽略了。所以我说,“上帝啊,让她幸福吧。”
And she met you.
于是,她遇到了你
You see that look on her face? I never saw that, until she met you.
你看到她的神情了吗?我从来没有见到她这个样子,直到她遇到了你
And I'm grateful for that.
我对此心怀感恩
Today I'm giving you the best thing I have to give.
今天我不得不把我最珍爱的部分交给你
And I just wanted to know before I do that...
在交给你以前,我只想让你知道
How hard me and God has worked to get her ready.
上帝和我是多不容易才将她准备好
So philip, as I give her to you, I don't think you'll mind if I give you one more word of advice.
所以Philip, 当我把她交给你的时候,我想你应该不介意我多说一句忠告
Me and God's worked hard...
上帝和我都很不容易
Don't screw it up.
你别给我搞砸了
我们都曾经是父母手心里的珍宝,当你得到它,请妥为收藏,细心看护。
戳这里 Claim your page
来源: 文学城-布丁豆豆