then halted and crawled through my phone line
HOTMAIL laid down pixels like a snail
while our poodle was wagging his tail 
I searched in millions of dots for your face
that turned back to me before yesterday
But my eyes were filled with twinkles
that blurred your face into wavy and shiny wrinkles

GPT

The poem "You sent me a photo from 2018" explores the themes of nostalgia, technology, and the passage of time. It presents a juxtaposition between different eras by using the imagery of receiving a photograph from the future (2018) in the past (1998), highlighting the impact of technology on human connection and memory.

The poem begins with the speaker receiving a photograph, possibly through email, as indicated by the mention of the inbox in 1998. This sets up the contrast between the past and the future, emphasizing the time difference between when the poem is set (1998) and when the photograph was taken (2018). This contrast is further emphasized by the mention of an iPhone, a device that did not exist in 1998 but was prevalent in 2018.

The line "It flashed off your iPhone and shined" suggests the immediacy and visual impact of the photograph. The use of the word "flashed" conveys a sudden and vivid presence, while "shined" implies a brightness that draws attention. This highlights the power of images and how they can captivate and engage the viewer.

The next line, "then halted and crawled through my phone line," presents a contrasting image of the slow and laborious transfer of data through the phone line. This juxtaposition between the instantaneous nature of the digital world and the slower, analog means of communication creates a sense of dissonance and reflects the challenges of navigating different eras.

The reference to "HOTMAIL laid down pixels like a snail" adds to the sense of slowness and the arduous process of transferring the image. It also evokes a sense of nostalgia for the early days of email, when technology was still developing and internet speeds were slower.

The inclusion of the poodle wagging its tail introduces an element of lightheartedness and domesticity amidst the technological imagery. It serves as a reminder of the tangible and familiar world, providing a contrast to the digital realm.

The lines "I searched in millions of dots for your face
that turned back to me before yesterday" portray the speaker's attempt to locate and recognize the person in the photograph. The reference to "millions of dots" refers to the pixels that make up the image and underscores the difficulty in identifying the subject amidst the vast digital landscape.

The final lines, "But my eyes were filled with twinkles
that blurred your face into wavy and shiny wrinkles," suggest a sense of emotional response to the photograph. The "twinkles" may represent tears or a shimmering effect caused by the speaker's emotional state. The mention of "wavy and shiny wrinkles" alludes to the passing of time and the impact it has on the person captured in the photograph, further emphasizing the theme of nostalgia and the fleeting nature of memories.

Overall, the poem evokes a sense of wonder, dislocation, and contemplation about the intersection of technology and human connection. It explores the power of images to transcend time and evoke emotions, while also acknowledging the challenges and changes brought about by advancing technology.

颤音
2 楼
speaking of snail mail
lovecat08
3 楼
OK,sent you a picture。。。。。

颤音
4 楼
哈哈哈,真配!
lovecat08
5 楼
高兴你满意。热夏的生活嘛!
lovecat08
6 楼
就这样了。。。。
Zhuzitaba
7 楼
没绿菜啊
西东人8
8 楼
The poem "You sent me a photo from 2018" explores the themes

of nostalgia, technology, and the passage of time. GPT 干得不错!

忒忒绿
9 楼
Wonderful rhymes Vibrato is good at, bravos
shuier
10 楼
颤音,did you ever clean up your inbox?
shuier
11 楼
GPT, did you ever take a break from writing theses per 颤音?
颤音
12 楼
哈哈哈,被俺训练的
颤音
13 楼
谢谢绿,还是偏好有韵一些
颤音
14 楼
yes, but I save every email sent from future
颤音
15 楼
he's a slave, and i'm his master :-)
老键
16 楼
She. 颤音每天情诗一首给GPT
相关阅读
Fart me... if you dareFear me... if you dare 如何理解?穿军装的老海归You Raise Me Up (cover Celtic Woman) by 一荷天梯/I wont last a day without you 送仙妈里尔克诗译: 那个从来没有降临过的你为了你走遍草原 第十二章【金牛座生快】Scorpions: You And I covered by 起!看不明白的阿布神庙《女の生きがい》You do you!6月2日起,春秋航空将复航上海浦东=东京羽田航线,每周四班!海南航空6月29日起复航海口—墨尔本航线!On Douyin, Chinese Companies Sell Coal at Rock-Bottom Prices经观头条 | 厌恶风险的年轻人,选择跨城存钱赚利息杀破狼2023年5月29日~6月4日12星座一週运势大峡谷R3记 2018.11.23If you’re going to San Franshithole…金牛座生快!【Close to you】 Cover The Carpenters by 中秋月Sweetheart, you have caught my drift...你意会了一。明月初升离大海,求下联。仙妈《Before You Go》 Here is a《Rose》for YouYou Raise me Up忆郭永怀2023年6月9日价格早报重庆一摩托车骑手被失控吉普车撞下高架桥【冯站长说安全】2023年6月29日环法第九站2023年6月29日(周四)冯站长之家三分钟晚间新闻认真、较真儿、抬杠和杠精的区别竟然是个大外宣建议取消五一長假【永葆童心】《Can You Feel the Love Tonight》May the fourth be with you….On Taobao, Someone Can Yell at Your Hopeless Romantic FriendOut of the Blind Box: Chinese Students Can Choose Own RoommatesWelcme on board! 颤音版主, you SOUND great!【永葆童心】《You Are My Sunshine 》by 蜀风雅韵Have You Been Interviewed by AI? We Want to Hear Your Story要命的屁股---东南大学泄密之事的警醒【父爱如山】《You Raise Me Up》~ 口琴+吉他弹唱Asian MIT grad asks AI to make her photo more professional
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。