Redian新闻
>
APAD: A house is not a home

APAD: A house is not a home

移花接木
楼主 (文学城)

This English proverb draws the distinction between a bricks and mortar house and a caring domestic dwelling with memories and a feeling of belonging. 

No one is exactly sure of the first coinage of 'a house is not a home' but the first version known of in print comes from the American writer and women's rights advocate Margaret Fuller and it may well be that she coined it herself. Her early pro-feminist work Woman in the Nineteenth Century was published in 1845, containing this opinion: A house is no home unless it contains food and fire for the mind as well as the body.

Coco Chanel's quote :  It's not houses I love, it's the life I live in them.

Being another version reflecting the same mentality. 

7grizzly
2 楼
No. It's an investment! Money is home (joking) :-)
盈盈一笑间
3 楼
Hahaha
盈盈一笑间
4 楼
A house is not a home~还有老外不喜欢housewife这个称呼。听过这种说法” I didn’t
盈盈一笑间
5 楼
marry a house. Don’t call me housewife. I am a home maker”.
移花接木
6 楼
Only in once case her husband's name is House
唐宋韵
7 楼
英语好像也有些改变。如今, Buy a home 或 Homes for sale 已经是正确的表达了。
盈盈一笑间
8 楼
瞬间想到脱口秀演员house 。就是今年出事那位。
唐歌
9 楼
这句和楼下唐宋兄的“我心安处是为家”异曲同工
CBA7
10 楼
A house occupied by souls and minds is a home :) 谢谢移哥分享。
方外居士
11 楼
中文家包含house和home. Decoupling of the two makes more accurate.
方外居士
12 楼
A novel definition of home.
盈盈一笑间
13 楼
中英文比较学的研究课题,请继续~~ :))
方外居士
14 楼
哈哈,业余爱好的肤浅之见,以求抛砖引玉。
waterfowl
15 楼
Yep, this is a good one.
相关阅读
APAD: The race is not to the swift,APAD: Man does not live by bread alone总领馆领事证件处2023年9月29日、10月2日、10月3日放假通知2023年10月22日(周日)冯站长之家三分钟晚间新闻红色日记 12.21-31关键时,儿子挺身而出2023年10月22日价格早报包工头和他的女人缘2023年10月22日医疗晨报【回家的路】“Come Home To Me”, 故乡的味道宾州长木公园,品位独处home service的人来家访,这个严重吗house speaker又难产了,昨天刚关门选出来的Steve Scalise宣布退出Nai Lert 文化遗产屋What is considered living in a house?my creative outlets complemented my science rather than detractiAPAD:It’s not over till it’s over跟自己干杯活在两种教育的夹缝中故乡轶事(四)他的中美台旷世不了情【回家的路】Sunny Came HomeAPAD: I am not my brother's keeper.2023年10月22日历史上的今天single family house,大平层还是两层?APAD: You can't go home again请推荐 blinds,实用即可,去了 home deport,不知道选哪种,谢谢如祺出行、飞天兆业,拟香港/美国上市,备案补充材料要求(2023年10月7日—2023年10月12日)Bunnings Warehouse 打折图表!10月31日 - 11月12日!!也说说休斯顿, 走亲戚玩了一星期, 去看了些open house, 漂亮房子太多了,看得热血沸腾, 但是我刚才去 home deport 拿了价格,给了35% discount,和 blinds.com 比较,贵很多Gen X (1960-1979) Y (1980s - 1995) Z (1996 - early 2010s)【冯站长之家】2023年10月22日(周日)三分钟新闻早餐美国的大部分single house 为什么前院没有围墙呢?邻居家前院里的牌子:Hate Has No Home Herehome insurance 狂涨价唉,受投坛影响,有了去Florida 买vacation home 的想法了分手后9旬老人去前女友家放火被判刑【冯站长说安全】2023年10月22日APAD: If the mountain will not come to Mohammed,APAD: The chickens come home to roost.讣告!2023年10月22日逝世!
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。