Redian新闻
>
Good morning Savannah! and Good night Johnny Mercer!

Good morning Savannah! and Good night Johnny Mercer!

Oona
楼主 (文学城)

Momentos of our life in the south (10/24/2023)

by Y. Y. D

If you are afraid of height, the entrance of Savannh, Talmadge Memorial Bridge, would intimedate you from one mile away. You can see a bridge curving high over the Savannah River like a feather flying in the sky. Our friend Mark, who was an airplane pilot, would feel dizzy and refuse to drive through it. I have to close my eyes and keep praying everytime we approach the bridge.

We arrived around 7:00am and watched the sunrise while walking along the River bund. Savannh has a mysterious power to take visitors back to the 1700s and the 1800s because, in a lot of ways, it is what it was: the port, the merchant, the art, the sentiments and the sophisticated being.

Good morning, Savannah, was the sun rising the same in 1733?

The bridge in the sunrise pink lights:

The Atlantic ocean going cargo ship:

We have all been amazed by 1001 night Arabian folktales, but if only we knew Savannaiens.

Every corner of savannah has its legends. where shall i start? yesterday i just wen to the Jazzcorner and our island symphony singer just chose "Days of Wine and Roses", lets go with Johnny Mercer.

He is from a legendary family. However his Dad lost all family money by over-invested in Florida real estate(can anybody relate to this today?). Johnny Mercer was on his own when 17, like a rolling stone. The rest is history.

I took a picture of the family cemetary of Johnny Mercer. names of his award wining songs are written on the sides of the white marble bench.

Once in a while, his friends come to visit him, clean the marbles and party.

So let's sing: "moon river", "the days of wine and roses".

Life is a feast but there is always a time we have to say good bye.

but i rather say good night ! 

when the sun rise again, Savannah will be rising and we will be singing Johnny Mercer.

更多我的博客文章>>>

Good morning Savannah! and Good night Johnny Mercer! 我也是喜欢给自己找事情做的人,但很多人很享受玩儿,啥都不想,疯玩,他们玩什么呢?首先 文化底蕴的话,南部算,高尔夫和爵士乐。 老美一般个性都很强,表面客气,内心都是有自己想法的,忽悠基本很难。政治竞选,习以为常,不是选来让自己崇拜和驯服自己的。 中西部每一个TOWN都有最好的公校养娃郊区,聚集了很多艺术家和体育健将,从俄国,中国来的,美国当地的,
盈盈一笑间
2 楼
美景,美帖!好英文!先点赞再来细读!
Oona
3 楼
谢谢盈盈,南方的故事真的好多,我身处其中,非常感怀。
7grizzly
4 楼
Nice. So Savanah didn't go with the wind last time? :-)
盈盈一笑间
5 楼
飘在亚特兰大。风估计还没吹到南卡。LOL
盈盈一笑间
6 楼
南方景色,别有风情!我去过弗吉尼亚,很喜欢。
7grizzly
7 楼
Wow. That was a close :-)
Oona
8 楼
yeah, that's another story:--), 斜蛮到萨王娜时,市长(也是一位医生)让他住进自己家,为了
Oona
9 楼
斜蛮将军一路烧杀抢掠的,走过留下一道60麦宽的烧杀地带。
Oona
10 楼
保留住城市,不抵抗,请求斜蛮不要烧,结果他还真没烧。
盈盈一笑间
11 楼
风景如画,照片拍得真好!也喜欢你写的英文,用的是日常词语,但流畅自如,娓娓道来。值得学习!赞!
Oona
12 楼
谢谢盈盈,我写的很口语化,现在也在读一些小说看看他们的写作方法:-)
盈盈一笑间
13 楼
读通俗英文小说,这个方法好!
7grizzly
14 楼
斜蛮 is a great translation :-)))
Oona
15 楼
握手!历史好残忍。
唐宋韵
16 楼
先赞后读。
Oona
17 楼
问好!:-)
方外居士
18 楼
Nice article and picture, thanks for sharing
Oona
19 楼
谢谢您!:-)
waterfowl
20 楼
Always been curious & fascinated by the South. Great post!
唐宋韵
21 楼
I feel cheerfulness between the lines. Very nice.
Oona
22 楼
me too:-). thank you!
颤音
23 楼
southern charm
相关阅读
漫天繁星给囧神们暖场《Vincent》’Starry, starry night‘ by 美景虚惊一场!Jenna Ortega 没有跟 Johnny Depp 约会!super mommy morning为所有唱中文歌的选手打气,《沧海一声笑》, Good luck!金盆洗手的论语(小说)<1>"you are in good hands"《唐宋韵》45.《枫桥夜泊》张继 (Mooring by Maple Bridge at Night)如祺出行、飞天兆业,拟香港/美国上市,备案补充材料要求(2023年10月7日—2023年10月12日)惊喜!都市轻喜剧《骄阳伴我》定档央视9/1开播,这是肖战今年播放的第三部作品,与前两部风格迥异,十分期待!【汉宫春】雨夜孤独 Han Palace Spring: Lonely Night in the Rain【一顿好餐】【A Good Meal】咀外文嚼汉字(275)覆水“盆”不返,数据人改“竄”(上)外企校招 | Meadjohnson美赞臣2024届秋招开启!百年外企,六险一金,弹性打卡,适合留学生红色日记 12.1-20Light and Shadow悉尼CBD惊现一所“蓝调之屋”!尊尼获加蓝牌Johnnie Walker Blue首家沉浸式体验馆,开启奢华醇香之旅!喜报|祝贺ZOOMiN同学John Locke获distinction、commendation!APAD: Ships that pass in the night‘Princess Iron Fan’: The Height of Modern Chinese Animation实地调查(field study)三毛之死NeurIPS 2023 Spotlight | 面向通用决策场景的MCTS基准框架:LightZero有看the morning show的吗?安妮斯顿好像状态比前两季好,另外男配的皮肤11月必看!“新世界三大男高音”Juan Diego Flórez首次亮相澳洲!APAD: good enough never is180刀Razer DeathAdder V3 Pro Ultra-lightweight Ergonomic WirelessA very good year相聚多伦多(十五)杨潇的爱别离【五绝】 玉笙箫起 (十三覃)APAD: Laugh and the world laughs with you; weep and you weep理解焦虑——情感漫谈之三娃参观了哥大,NYU, Barnard, 觉得纽约真好,吃喝玩乐都是一流,学校设施不错,什么都在步行距离。Asia’s Biggest Men’s Tennis Tournament Returns to ShanghaiLight and ShadowAPAD: The Road to Hell is Paved With Good Intentions洛杉矶的美食(33)MDR 的海景和美食之二(多图)真理与谬误有时只始于些微的差别大家有没有觉得life你就不能feel good, 一觉得好点,立马就来点烦心事?Easy like Sunday morning...今年真没什么综艺可看了 因为0713追了点披荆斩棘的哥哥 老的老年轻的不认识 陈楚生他们团还是不错 贴一个
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。