Redian新闻
>
APAD: Finders keepers, losers weepers

APAD: Finders keepers, losers weepers

移花接木
楼主 (文学城)
Finders keepers, losers weepers

Well-Known Expressions,

However, in everyday life, caution should be applied before assuming that what you find is legally yours to keep. For example, according to an article in The Baltimore Sun:

[U]nder Maryland statutes, if a finder knows that property he found was lost, mislaid or delivered by mistake, he could be guilty of a criminal offense for keeping it, if he knows or learns the identity of the owner or learns of a reasonable way to identify her, fails to restore the property to the owner and intends to deprive her permanently of the property .... Common law distinguish[es] among property that was lost, mislaid or abandoned.

The category an item falls into determines a finder's responsibilities:

Someone who finds lost property is entitled under common law to keep it until and unless the original owner comes to claim it. The rule is the same whether the item is found on the finder's property or in a public area.

Someone who finds a mislaid item generally must turn it over to the owner of the property where it was found. The finder of a wallet left by the store cash register must turn it over to an employee. The idea is that the wallet's owner is likely to remember he left it by the cash register. If the finder kept the item, the owner would not know how to reclaim it.

Common law allows anyone who finds an abandoned item to keep it. The finder of a chair by the side of the road can take it home.

最西边的岛上
2 楼
too bad that I never run into an abandoned item I like ;-)
盈盈一笑间
3 楼
有一个法律术语:不当得利。不仅英美法系common law普通法如此规定,
盈盈一笑间
4 楼
大陆法系国家的成文法也有类似法条规定,比如中国《民法典》。
CBA7
5 楼
这和我们通常所说的“拾金不昧'有点不符吧 ,哈哈哈,I'm just kidding.
方外居士
6 楼
Haha, No wonder why loser is such a hated term. 西方文化是强者的文化。
方外居士
7 楼
盈盈莫非是法律界人士?
CBA7
8 楼
对于APAP,我有一个小小的建议:可以考虑把 Quote 的中文翻译也一并列出,方便大家一目了然地学习,避免引起误解。
盈盈一笑间
9 楼
当年的民法通则是一条一条背下来。:)
方外居士
10 楼
佩服佩服。我最怕背东西了!
7grizzly
11 楼
Great to learn the rules. Very detailed and informative.
7grizzly
12 楼
But not always. One time, the Trojans found a horse...
7grizzly
13 楼
Lawyers have to be sharp and precise.
唐宋韵
14 楼
这么妙的一句话,如果仅用于捡到钱包的情况,有点太可惜、太浪费了。
移花接木
15 楼
at the cost of the city, Hector&Achilles
移花接木
16 楼
the largest mislaid 2 me was a whole skid of roof shingle
7grizzly
17 楼
Nice play on the other meaning of mislay.
天边一片白云
18 楼
Good to know.
移花接木
19 楼
For APAP, yes, I concur , for APAD? No 都是拷贝的英文原文,
移花接木
20 楼
很多没有人做过comprehensive的翻译,我怕自己理解有岔,造成读者误解
CBA7
21 楼
我的建议是:关于APAD (A Proverb A Day),同时附上Proverb的中文译文,只是一句话而已。
CBA7
22 楼
Proverb的中文译文仅供大家参考,如果大家有更好的译文,可以跟帖的时候提出来。
CBA7
23 楼
当然,我的建议仅供美坛参考,谢谢。
相关阅读
如果今年是2000,要退休,如何分散投资?日本股市定投真的需要看入点。1988年进入的话惨。2013年进的话定投赚。日式蒲烧豆腐鸡蛋盖浇饭苏珊米勒每日运势2024年1月11日2024年1月11日价格早报战斗的星期天本来没注意黄小姐这个人,今天看坛子里都在讨论她,也去查了一下,觉得藤校文科生里出这种人不奇怪庐山观感2007的中国,繁花似锦,A股登顶生命赠我七种苦(一、从四到七)投资西雅图房产对不对?中藤不等于中举周四游记:出埃及记之二十一:古埃及文明最后的守护神之拉三神庙野马初伤APAD: Finders keepers, losers weepers2024年1月11日(周四)冯站长之家三分钟晚间新闻三个英国殖民地【瞎聊繁花四】”拍摄手法“关于台湾我的写作经历路上随拍的加拿大风景(1)我变了, 我没变证监会对4家企业拟香港上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月12日—2024年1月18日)二刷改成沪语版 果然生动了许多,对宝总的塑造也加分。公平讲胡歌演技还是可圈可点的赠颤音:会颤的影证监会对6家企业拟香港/美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月19日—2024年1月25日)最新!2024年1月1日生效!大温住宅停车许可证费用将上涨20%!冬季到台北来看雨(1/2)证监会对4家企业拟香港/美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月5日—2024年1月11日)宾州福吉谷(Valley Forge),色彩世界《星级男人通鉴》第44章 有一种爱叫放手证监会对1家企业拟美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月26日—2024年2月1日)意大利歌曲 重归苏莲托 by PTYP过彭泽有怀每天学一句英语台词|Finders keepers山东大哥坐高铁丢了10万年终奖【冯站长说安全】2024年1月11日【摄影故事活动】第二眼您看哪儿?曾经的故事 — 错过和B姐在一起【繁花】里的股市大战是怎么来的?
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。