Redian新闻
>
Leap day, what should u do?:)

Leap day, what should u do?:)

妖妖灵
楼主 (文学城)

I heard the tradition on leap day from a nurse practitioner. She told me that a woman could 

propose marriage to her partner on leap day.

I googled for the details. Here it is. Haha, don't miss the opportunity which is only available one day every four years! 

Pop the question

It's a British and Irish tradition for women to propose marriage to their partner on leap day. The tradition is thought to date back to fifth-century Ireland, when Saint Bridget complained to Saint Patrick that women were tired of waiting for men to propose. The patroness saint of Ireland was able to convince Saint Patrick to allow women to propose to men once every four years, which became known as "Ladies' Privilege" or "Bachelor's Day."

移花接木
2 楼
leap, google doodle
妖妖灵
3 楼
Cute!That is a leap day!
7grizzly
4 楼
Good to know!
妖妖灵
5 楼
哈哈,come to MYSJ & u will learn something new everyday:)
最西边的岛上
6 楼
good to know, but way too late. 哈哈哈
妖妖灵
7 楼
哈哈,题目应该改成“Leap day, what should u have done?”:)
最西边的岛上
8 楼
Or: Leap day, where were U when I needed U? ;)
妖妖灵
9 楼
LOL
godog
10 楼
Wonder how many would actually take advantage of it
妖妖灵
11 楼
I don't know. If they r Chinese,they must be very good at
妖妖灵
12 楼
western culture:)
盈盈一笑间
13 楼
Leap day来了,Saint Patrick day 还远吗?
盈盈一笑间
14 楼
2/29号过生日的,4年过一次吗?LOL
暖冬cool夏
15 楼
However my mom told me 2024 is a year w/o spring. Not a year
暖冬cool夏
16 楼
for marriage.:))
妖妖灵
17 楼
on 17th, we‘ll be given green necklaces here:)
妖妖灵
18 楼
For those whose birthday is on leap day, forever young!:)
妖妖灵
19 楼
没春年?第一次听说:)没事,今天已经是March 1st了:)
moonlight7
20 楼
I heard my friend was busy on fixing bug~~
相关阅读
西江月 24年元旦What Should China Do With Its Excess Renewables?T10发榜时间: 杜克选择和藤校一样的时间7PM,但S永远在Ivy Day 之后一天证监会对6家企业拟香港/美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月19日—2024年1月25日)【Happy Pi Day 快闪】《死性不改》by 蜀风雅韵【Happy Leap Day】《北极雪》郭店楚简《老子》之研究笔记 其二意大利里维埃拉的多彩海湾— 菲诺港 Portofino (待续)2024的期许《愚人节观鱼》《Watching Fish on April Fool's Day》Celebrate St. Patrick's Day with some green dishes(孔子語錄英譯)苏珊米勒每日运势2024年1月29日粉色庆VHappy Valentine’s Day!《掌声响起来》小学孩子Valentine Day 和同学交换礼物该买什么东西比较有趣鸿发超市「2000 万美元」买下82街前Walmart超市!开设第4家Hông Phát分店!APAD: He who sups with the devil should have a long spoon每天10句英语口语|Would you mind if I use your phone?邀请函:2024年1月29日下午14:00浙江省金融人才协会跨界交流会暨港湾金融大讲堂第一期IVY day 許願APAD: The day we remember what we are ;"火人节艺术家必看!2024年火人节RAT团队征集倒计时!2月29日截止!【Happy Pi Day 快闪】《三寸天堂》First day back to the office (Return to Office RTO)《Valentine's Day without a Valentine》《没有情人的情人节》Valentine’s Day 餐厅要提前定位。娃闺蜜男友订好了餐厅。女孩一看,是人均350 美金的course 料【Happy Pi Day 快闪】《一眼万年》致敬π君 :DDD出乎意料的多米尼加度假之旅《华裔副总裁:突围》第一节:入局邀请函:2024年1月29日下午14:00港湾金融大讲堂第一期大年初一天,地震津波难今天中午出去吃饭见到了Groundhog day 全体演员,30年了,他们都老了【好莱坞黄金时代的精华两年:2. The remains of the day】【Happy Pi Day 快闪】如果当时把耳朵叫醒冬至Flash Fiction TV: Why China Is Betting Big on Ultrashort DramasIVY day 還願7015 血壮山河之枣宜会战 骚然的枣阳乱战 7证监会对1家企业拟美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月26日—2024年2月1日)
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。