Redian新闻
>
First day back to the office (Return to Office RTO)

First day back to the office (Return to Office RTO)

暖冬cool夏
楼主 (文学城)

After another six months’ respite of working from home, a return to work in the office looks long overdue. Today, March 7th, marks my first day back to the office. Life has been good working from home, when I woke up to the natural light, logged in to the computer in my robe before I went downstairs to prepare the breakfast. Life has been good without getting up hastily, dressed and rushing to the busy traffic. Life has been good when I ate freshly cooked lunch instead of microwaved leftover, taking a short nap on a cozy bed whenever possible. Life has been good when I worked at my own pace without the little boss breathing down my neck. On top of that, time to commute is saved. So is gasoline and car usage.

But the comfort of working from home is not without a cost. Many a night, I was found sitting in front of the computer finishing up the lingering work that could have accomplished at daytime. The line between work and off-work hours is so blurred that overtime becomes almost a routine.

As I entered the new parking structure, the gate bar automatically lifted to allow my registered car in. With heavy handbags filled with a laptop, a water bottle and some office supplies, I plodded to an unfinished elevator to take me to the fourth floor, where I am going to spend my whole day there.

A modern, clean and bright high-ceiling office welcomed me, but to walk through symmetrically and uniformly assembled cubicles without a seat chart is akin to a mouse scuttling through a zigzagged maze. After a detour and an inquiry, I found a hotel cubicle assigned to our department.

Hoteling workstation, as the name says all, is said to be a new popular cost-effective office model. Seating myself under a steel-plate-strung roof, beneath which crisscrossed with large aluminum ventilations, vertical or horizontal lighting tubes, cables, wires and fashionable decorative hanging lamps, I felt like working at a warehouse.

The office was quiet, except for a continuous humming noise in the background, as if a huge fan were whirring non-stopped. When the sun broke out in the afternoon, its ray glaringly sailed down through the unfiltered floor-to-ceiling windows. The long narrow lighting above the cubicles only adds to the dazzle.

I walked around and stopped by a corner window overlooking a main street. Shut off by the window is a hustling noisy world where cars are running among concrete jungles. A broad skyline of the city is visible under a half-overcast sky.

Drowsiness crept upon around 2 o’clock in the afternoon. I had to go to the kitchen and fetch a cup of coffee to freshen up myself. Other than that, a workday at office is no doubt more effective and productive. And amicable face-to-face greetings and exchanges between co-workers are a cherry on top.

盈盈一笑间
2 楼
刚上线就看见暖冬的新帖子。祝贺回办公室。撒花。占位点赞。周五愉快。:)
暖冬cool夏
3 楼
谢谢盈盈mm! 好久不写英语了,一直忙,在美坛互动也少。这篇还是在公司上班开始的:)女神节快乐!
7grizzly
4 楼
Nice writeup. Learned "hoteling"!
最西边的岛上
5 楼
赞!very nice high ceiling.
暖冬cool夏
6 楼
Thank you my friend for ur reading. The saying is new to me2
暖冬cool夏
7 楼
谢谢西岛!比预料的要好!女神节快乐!
最西边的岛上
8 楼
同乐同乐!
妖妖灵
9 楼
Welcome back! Welcome to work in the office! Fluent writing!
暖冬cool夏
10 楼
Thanks,妖mm! 龙年吉祥!
天边一片白云
11 楼
like always, nice writing! enjoy reading.
暖冬cool夏
12 楼
谢谢白云阅读鼓励!女神节快乐,周末快乐!
盈盈一笑间
13 楼
棒棒哒!女神节快乐!:))
康赛欧
14 楼
节日快乐!写得很好,工作环境不错!
盈盈一笑间
15 楼
看上去和硅谷那几个大厂家的装修风格很像,暖冬莫非是程序媛?:))
盈盈一笑间
16 楼
very nice writeup! +100086!
暖冬cool夏
17 楼
谢谢康康阅读鼓励!节日快乐!周末快乐!
暖冬cool夏
18 楼
非也,盈盈mm,我没有那样的脑子:)估计南北加都一样了,又是cookie-cutter一样的仿制:)盈盈mm女神节快乐!
盈盈一笑间
19 楼
暖冬mm 谦虚了。英文写得真好。女神 ~ ~ :))
暖冬cool夏
20 楼
谢谢盈盈mm谬赞鼓励,美坛高手如云,我是见识了的。在盈盈mm不断的热情带领下,美坛越来越红火了!感谢!
移花接木
21 楼
I could sense a little uneasiness of ur 1st day RTO
godog
22 楼
回办公室工作也可以写的得这么美,语言的魅力!
暖冬cool夏
23 楼
I was. New location,new office, even prking needs registrtn.
暖冬cool夏
24 楼
谢谢Go兄谬赞美言,谢谢阅读,练练笔. Long way 2 go:))
相关阅读
傅小田的天上人间地狱式的““幸福生活”Life in the Background: The Extras Who Became Viral Stars关于total return, anne8的数据与数学博士的观点都没错长篇小说《谷雨立夏间》51 恐怖枪击10份葡西独自游之“欧来欧去”Northeastern University宜居区推荐被感染也想撸卡了,2%cash back on all purchases 值吗?How People With Disabilities Are Confronting the Future of WorkNancy Pelosi tell protesters to go back China请教:持续定投401K,return rate 是如何计算的?事急从权Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer绿色金融 | 2024政府工作报告:大力发展绿色低碳经济——绿色金融月报(2024年3月)关于 total return,毛主席教导我们说:世界上怕就怕认真二字Work from home 可以算成home office 吗?【活动】2024 “Back To The Future” 毕业舞会First place!Out in the Cold: In Northeast China, a Season of Wild Extremes【好莱坞黄金时代的精华两年:2. The remains of the day】My first marathon in new yearFor China’s Restaurant Scavengers, Another Year of SuccessHarsher Recess Rules Turn School Toilets Into Social Hubs繁花Adjusted price for total return calculation (1)hé bàng?hé bèng?Fund Total Return在美国没遇到被骂go back to China,在上海被骂滚回你老家巴塞罗那农贸市场转:Dartmouth Follows MIT With Return to Standardized Testing聚焦ETF市场 | 2024年3月亚太地区ETF发行情况天天被人罵的美國這回能贏嗎?保税:在家remote work的人可以claim home office expenses 吗?高中生都是到哪里弄MS Office 版本?我和槐花基本立场差不多。区别在,A, Harvard + first gen; B, Fordham + 老留娃,槐花毫孙思邈的养生十要Dream of Going Back on New Year's Eve. East Wind行山者Allan:独裁者的最后人生王家卫版《繁花》结局Adjusted price for total return calculation (2)First现在上TEMU买东西, 还有free Return 吗?
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。