Redian新闻
>
APAD: I will hold you accountable

APAD: I will hold you accountable

移花接木
楼主 (文学城)

Hold somebody responsible/accountable/liable (for something)to say or decide that someone should accept the responsibility for something bad that happens. 

For example: If anything happens to her, I'll hold you personally responsible. 

It really happens.

Numerous times we were facing challenges of backorder to customer vs equipment issues, manpower shortages,running out time, ect.  I don't have the necessary resouces to fulfill the mission.  In these cases, the business owner'd say I understand your problem, but I have to hold you accountable.  

7grizzly
2 楼
The key to morality: skin in the game.
妖妖灵
3 楼
Can the phrazal verb“account for” be used in the situation?
天边一片白云
4 楼
Somebody has to be accountable, or thing might not done.
最西边的岛上
5 楼
I believe we all should be held accountable 4Our ownActions
移花接木
6 楼
这句话其实不是什么好话,就象那句战争电影口号,不惜一切代价夺取什么守住什么,那意思就是除非人都死完了,否则必须完成任务
最西边的岛上
7 楼
But in Ur example, it's more like customer is always right;)
移花接木
8 楼
That's its literal meaning, figuratively, let u take

the responsibility even it is unfair for you

移花接木
9 楼
这句的隐喻就是,事情办不好得找你算账,你看看account for 能否fit?
最西边的岛上
10 楼
agreed in Ur case! Fairness is important, but unfortunately
最西边的岛上
11 楼
:-(, “Nothing is fair in this World” (- Sue Monk Kidd)
妖妖灵
12 楼
是“负责”的意思吗:

hold someone accountable for something collocation   Add to word list  to make someone responsible for what they do and demand a satisfactory reason for it:  It is important to hold schools accountable for the performance of all their students.  They want him to be held accountable for what he has done. See accountable hold  Fewer examples Managers were asked to set targets and hold themselves accountable for them. The government needs to be heldaccountable for the way it spendstaxpayers' money.  Justice means holding people accountablefor their actions.
妖妖灵
13 楼
Oh,to find a scapegoat~
妖妖灵
14 楼
这句是什么意思?
移花接木
15 楼
这是事后,那句话是事前,我觉得有点威胁口气
妖妖灵
16 楼
这里的语气是比较严厉。但一般的hold…accountable就是中性语气吧
妖妖灵
17 楼
今天刚刚听到一个idiom“on the mark”,知道是什么意思吗?
相关阅读
Not Just Toys: How Young Chinese Are ‘Parenting’ Dolls唱《Yesterday Once More 》献给美语坛版主,盈盈,Missing you党旗飘系列(终篇续-完):WXC新算法对造假点击量的影响APAD:Walnuts and pears you plant for your heirsAPAD: We know where you live.齐邦媛:我不赞成任何狂热的东西,狂热的东西都不持久APAD:Never bite the hand that feeds youI SEE YOU红鲤《Because I Love You》by 蜀风雅韵YOU'RE AN ILLINI!APAD:if you pay peanuts, you get monkeys美股基本面 - 2024_01_28 * 午报 * 本周外盘看点丨 美联储重磅决议来袭,苹果领衔科技股财报潮。“七巨头”AI化Drop by drop, you fill the bucket【唱响五四】《Do you hear people sing?》 法国佬墙裂支援五四青年!Chemist Warehouse最新打折图表! 3月28日—4月10日!上海人嘎闹忙! 我致富的秘密花园 今日[世界日报]联邦调查局来了“You Mean Everything to Me” 送给美丽大方温暖的知音丽丽!歌唱的路上有你真好!【新春对对碰】“All I Ask Of You” 男女声自碰 by 云起宾州-York Country Day School 约克中学#音乐连接你我#美国原住民乐队SIHASIN北京站音乐会,2024年3月25日,周一,20:00引子:「舊文:『我讀黃詩』系列」You Are A Fish Who Can Fly北国风光 - 费尔班克斯的冰雪世界【夏日公园蒙太奇】素芯蜡梅2024年3月29-31日吉利根博士线上带领你《让爱回家》:三代人疗愈——父母&伴侣&孩子【听歌练听力】I Just Want To Dance With You波音载人航天器Starliner发射on hold indefinitelyColes 3月20日-3月26日打折,鱿鱼条、茉莉米、品客上新半价【星坛综艺会11期】暖场 “Need You Now”,综艺会即将开始, 此刻需要你Simply buy and hold QQQ will beat 95% people每天10句英语口语|Would you mind if I use your phone?APAD:You are what you think.原创英文歌:Beside YouPeople Mountain, People Sea: Labor Day Holiday in PhotosLabor Day Holiday: Surge in Travel to Smaller Cities, Counties【折扣】Coles本周最新打折图表2月28日--3月5日!!!【新春对对碰】暖场《How Do You Do》ft. 大咖女神老师
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。