Redian新闻
>
APAD:Never bite the hand that feeds you

APAD:Never bite the hand that feeds you

最西边的岛上
楼主 (文学城)
Meaning: never treat badly the person or people on whom you depend on, or who support and take care of you in some way.

The origin of the phrase ‘never bites the hand that feeds you’ isn't known. One of the first times it was seen in print was during the 18th century, when political writer Edmund Burke said “having looked to government for bread, on the first scarcity they will turn and bite the hand that fed them.” The term is believed to be hundreds of years old. - https://www.gingersoftware.com/content/phrases/never-bite-the-hand-that-feeds-you

We had fish for a late lunch yesterday.  Our furry good friend Maowi the cat sat close by and watched over me cooking. I knew what he was after, so after finishing, I gave him a piece of fish from my hand.  He must have been very hungry and took the piece quickly but also bit my finger, which is unusal.  Ouch, It really hurt ...     But every cloud has a silver lining, even.being bitten -  thus today's APAD.    Happy (another) Friday!   post-action Maowi  
移花接木
2 楼
Animals've instinct to guard their food. Dog b aggressive if
移花接木
3 楼
competing food. When hand feed a dog, this proverb makes

This proverb makes total sense.

They are super careful to avoid the sharp teeth from touching the feeding hand.

暖冬cool夏
4 楼
知恩图报,而非农夫与蛇:)
妖妖灵
5 楼
不要忘恩负义:)手还疼吗?红肿吗?
方外居士
6 楼
莫恩将仇报
7grizzly
7 楼
Someone needs to talk some feline sense to maowi!
最西边的岛上
8 楼
very pragmatic ;-)
最西边的岛上
9 楼
shouldn't we all. Thx 暖冬。
最西边的岛上
10 楼
报告灵医生:没有红肿,但有两个大牙印儿,今天基本消失了。谢谢!
最西边的岛上
11 楼
否则后果自负哈 ;-)。 Thx.
最西边的岛上
12 楼
actually I did: "Maowi, I'm Ur friend, not Ur food." ;-)
移花接木
13 楼
Cats think they are the master, we r their humans
最西边的岛上
14 楼
poor cats ;-)
妖妖灵
15 楼
LOL. U put urself in cats' shoes:)
最西边的岛上
16 楼
& dogs' ;-), just joking ;-) 不许生气!
移花接木
17 楼
dog r social, U must b superior 2 him, or he'll be superior
移花接木
18 楼
Most cats are solitary, they don't care or cooperate 2
天边一片白云
19 楼
你家的网红猫似乎也知道做错事了。
最西边的岛上
20 楼
网红?哪个网?怎么红?我都没有经历过哈,好不公平!;-) 白云美眉好。
天边一片白云
21 楼
怪我没说清楚。Maowi the cat 是美语世界的可爱的猫。喜欢看你写的关于她的的故事。她是美潭的网红。西岛好。
最西边的岛上
22 楼
谢谢白云美眉,和你开玩笑呢 :)。看来我还是不会油墨,还须努力!
相关阅读
Unineed美妆护肤买1赠1!GG防脱买2送1!UrbanOutfitter/&Other Stories清仓3折起!乌克兰的和平APAD:Never say mean words out of anger. Happy Easter!APAD: I will hold you accountable顺应环境《Because I Love You》by 蜀风雅韵每天10句英语口语|Would you mind if I use your phone?APAD:You are what you think.一个人有多强,就有多弱You Are A Fish Who Can Fly【If You Love Her】【唱响五四】《Do you hear people sing?》 法国佬墙裂支援五四青年!祝贺择木而栖担任版主!Need You Now!Young Chinese Have Almost No Concerns About AI, Survey Finds醒着的睡着的人【听歌练听力】I Just Want To Dance With YouFANS他预测三五年内北京打台湾原创英文歌:Beside YouAPAD:Don't dish it if you can't take it买车 读书 蝴蝶兰每天10句英语口语|Have you ever donated blood?唱《Yesterday Once More 》献给美语坛版主,盈盈,Missing you刚刚(北京时间2024年5月1日凌晨),2024年度泰晤士高等教育亚洲大学排名重磅发布【星坛综艺会11期】暖场 “Need You Now”,综艺会即将开始, 此刻需要你APAD:Walnuts and pears you plant for your heirs16、长篇家庭伦理小说《嫁接 下》第五章 志同道合(1)“You Mean Everything to Me” 送给美丽大方温暖的知音丽丽!歌唱的路上有你真好!In Shanghai, a Café Blends Life, Death — and CoffeeEducationUSA 2024 美国大学展-首站:上海,2024年5月18日(周六)9:00-17:00破唱片再放一遍, never say never!The Chinese ‘Auntie’ Who Hit the Road — and Never Looked BackHer Boyfriend Killed Himself. The Internet Blamed Her.手推车及我美股基本面 - 2024_03_11 * 晚报 * 收盘:美股涨跌不一 标普500指数连续第二日下滑。白宫预计今年美国经济增长《Never Enough》歌手2024第七期香缇莫拿到了第一名,我也来蹭蹭热度!祝闺蜜链子生快!APAD:Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are.「美国三角会计」Steve Niu博士,2024年5月拉斯维加斯之行APAD: We know where you live.二月二龙抬头难
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。