Redian新闻
>
APAD: Everything comes to an end

APAD: Everything comes to an end

最西边的岛上
楼主 (文学城)
I know, you probably would say that I got it all wrong. It should really be "All good things must come to an end", as that's a very commonly used phrase.

But I'd rather go with the original version dated back to 1374 from Geoffrey Chaucer: “Everything has an end” or “Everything comes to an end.”

Why?  Because it's the truth and the whole truth.  To limit it to the good things only is "Economical with the truth".

Someone somewhere online summarized it very well : "What we do know is that good things do end, bad things also end.  Bad things feel more endless than good things, and we don't want good things to end."

So be it.
(Note: the above was from last night)

Wait, actually there is one thing that lasts: Friendship.  To me, true friendship is a real treasure and the most wonderful thing in life.  It's selfless, it's not judgemental, and it never gets lost.  I have two such friends since kindergarten time, the bond between us can stretch but always reels back when we need each other, even time, physical distance and political events can't break it.  I truly appreciate it.
Long live true friendship! 

移花接木
2 楼
Could death b ended? with full faith of GOD's resurrection?
最西边的岛上
3 楼
death is anEnd, but mayNot be theEnd, but noOne comes back
最西边的岛上
4 楼
from death to tell us the truth, notEven God :(
移花接木
5 楼
So we know everything is not everything. time is endless
移花接木
6 楼
death is endless
最西边的岛上
7 楼
endless sleep? ;-)
硅谷居士
8 楼
LOL. Best friend forever, BFF.
最西边的岛上
9 楼
yeah!
7grizzly
10 楼
Buddha (could've) said breathe and live in the moment.
最西边的岛上
11 楼
AlthoughNotA believer, Buddhism is a better1 2me thanOthers;
7grizzly
12 楼
Forget -isms. Buddha (could've)said go and discover4yourself
最西边的岛上
13 楼
got it. okay ;-)
妖妖灵
14 楼
Everything comes to an end.
妖妖灵
15 楼
However,everything is not everything.(ZT)
妖妖灵
16 楼
The sun is endless. The moon is endless.(部分ZT)
妖妖灵
17 楼
The love between the sun and the moon is endless.
妖妖灵
18 楼
And the APAD of MYSJ is endless:)
最西边的岛上
19 楼
A nice poem 灵美眉,well done!
7grizzly
20 楼
A manifestation of Chinese immigrants' indomitable will.
妖妖灵
21 楼
I‘m so proud of being a Chinese. They didn't expect I’m
妖妖灵
22 楼
a Chinese when I

started my residency.:)

妖妖灵
23 楼
一半是抄上面的:)
移花接木
24 楼
The sun was 4.6billion yrs ago, has 5 more billion yrs left
移花接木
25 楼
The Sun's life compares 2human seems eternal, still has end
唐宋韵
26 楼
My friendships with some people on the other side of
唐宋韵
27 楼
pacific ocean ended. Mostly faded or even broke up.
唐宋韵
28 楼
I don't feel sorry. 没有不散的宴席。
唐宋韵
29 楼
When a 发小 asked me why US created the virus to kill people,
唐宋韵
30 楼
my answer must be clear...
天边一片白云
31 楼
Well said. Long live true friendship!
相关阅读
Lands End 泳装up to 80% off, 他家泳装款式多,很好买沙漠光伏发电 Desert继续说鞋Townhouse end unit的一面墙朝西晒会不会超级热刚刚(北京时间2024年5月1日凌晨),2024年度泰晤士高等教育亚洲大学排名重磅发布美股基本面 - 2024_03_02 * 晚报 * 起诉OpenAI和奥特曼,马斯克真“急眼了”?。说好的“为了人类”呢?马斯How Shanghainese Comedy is Standing Up to the MainstreamMindful art -Edward Burne-Jones​Everyone Is Fighting Some Kind of Battle《星级男人通鉴》第75章 学者与贵妇对我而言, 退休是沙滩上的坚挺和融化闹事儿就给全奖?俄军取得了进展被波加查激励的早晨,和爱美丽逛街宾州雷德利克里克公园(Ridley creek park),温馨的画面哪里养老好?继续晒幸福!:如何在任何情况下精确计算年回报率,包括定投Over 70% of Trip.com Staff Choose Working From HomeMainlanders Make Their Moves as Hong Kong Relaxes Housing Rules逆风也能帆航有感富有是为了什么?(三)For every child, every right." If Tomorrow Comes" (重录)热烈祝贺择木而栖教授加入版主,为大家服务!“You Mean Everything to Me” 送给美丽大方温暖的知音丽丽!歌唱的路上有你真好!【听歌练听力】Dance me to the end of love请教各位大侠,老年痴呆症患者签的售房合同有法律效应吗?EducationUSA 2024 美国大学展-首站:上海,2024年5月18日(周六)9:00-17:00APAD: Everything is on the table「美国三角会计」Steve Niu博士,2024年5月拉斯维加斯之行完整的Interval 初阶练习 200*6,300*4(BQ计划 24周)美国中产,喜欢自己动手干活的留在美国,喜欢十指不沾阳春水的回国退休晚上睡觉卧室最佳温度?好消息,被开除的大学生也可以有学上了,伊朗Shiraz 大学的校长说,所有支持哈马斯被开除的大学生,他们Hi friends, any idea what caused the scratches《疏影 - 梅》今年有点反常, 本来四月份股市通常表现不错, 但今年四月份股市挺糟糕.果实The Chinese ‘Auntie’ Who Hit the Road — and Never Looked BackWhat’s Wrong With Chinese Weddings? Everything, Says Gen-Z
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。