Redian新闻
>
APAD:Beat around the bush.

APAD:Beat around the bush.

移花接木
楼主 (文学城)

Beat around the bush.

Meaning: To avoid talking about what is important.

Here is in where I saw this idiom:

The Boeing saga has reached a new level of absurdity
New York (CNN)  — If you’re a PR person, I can’t possibly think of a harder job right now than working at Boeing. It’s not just clean-up on aisle six, it’s clean up the entire store, loading dock and parking lot... ...  

Boeing held a press conference from a factory in Renton, Washington, on Tuesday to talk about quality improvements. But Boeing surely knew that they’d get asked about the door plug that blew off a 737 Max on an Alaska Airlines flight in January. So Elizabeth Lund, senior vice president of quality at Boeing, didn’t bother beating around the bush.

Lund kicked off the briefing by sharing why the four bolts needed to hold the door plug in place were never installed before the plane left the factory in October: paperwork. The workers who needed to reinstall the bolts never had the work order telling them the work needed to be done. ...

You may've noticed I highlighted another phrase, clean-up on aisle six; here aisle 6 is not the literal aisle 6 but another idiom.

最西边的岛上
2 楼
can'tBelieveBoeing isInSuch aMess. TookMaxOnce&HateTheDesign
移花接木
3 楼
Y? Ergonomic inconvenience?
最西边的岛上
4 楼
miniSpace4Surviving,tinyWashroomEven2me. GuessTheyDidn't

最西边的岛上
5 楼
believePeopleNeedWashroom 4 a 6 hoursFlight.
移花接木
6 楼
Pretty much same of all airplanes, I saw an Airbus concept
移花接木
7 楼
Passengers in a half seated position so more seats fitted in
最西边的岛上
8 楼
hahahaha, that's aRealSardineCanBusPlane!!! oops, sorry ;-)
最西边的岛上
9 楼
mightB a goodIdea toDoAs in3body, passengersGo2Dryer1st ;-))
7grizzly
10 楼
Lund might have raised more questions by that answer. E.g,
7grizzly
11 楼
why no paperwork missing before? What changed? Is this human
7grizzly
12 楼
error? If so, do you plan to AI your plants? etc. :-)))
移花接木
13 楼
5-whys tech. may point root cause 2quality managementSystem
移花接木
14 楼
Lund might have to beat around the bush, scapegoat helpless
天边一片白云
15 楼
Nice piece of news to learn idioms and writing.
相关阅读
Hightides 请进感谢猛牛福虎等一众网友理解和美言,解释一下The Artist Monkeying Around With China’s Monkey King【星空月夜花前授诗百首】:《秋雁声声》(2016.10.26)美股基本面 - 2024_05_03 * 晚报 * 收盘:美股周五收高 非农数据提振联储降息预期。美国WTI原油周五收跌1.1写给自己的歌 (五)厦航2024年7月国际及地区航班信息!南航发布7月国际及地区航班计划!【星空月夜花前授诗百首】:《一杯秋愁,一溪秋叶》(2016.10.31)盆栽-翩翩蓝采和 Bonsai—Bearing of An Immortal这黎明前的五点涨跌都挣钱。昨天600,今天500,偷小鸡摸小狗,虎乐而不为?!LOL硅谷活动|机器人创业与投资的绝佳对接机会!Robotics Founder & Funder Connect阵容更新,抓紧报名笔记本CPU性能释放天梯图 2024年7月12日推荐一本书 Highly Sensitive People in an Insensitive World一再证明,不管餐馆里的饭菜如何看着健康,外出吃餐馆,都不健康,句号。南歌子–乡梦accounts consolidation集成ChatGPT的SoundHound AI语音助手上线欧洲11国三大汽车品牌,公司去年曾被质疑用人工客服冒充AIA School Bus, a Knife Attack, an Unexpected Hero’s Last Stand有人解释一下Snyder bribe case 吗?三碗不过量加克波!Woolworths 6月26日-7月2日打折,元气森林、红袋米半价Ronda~不需要私奔的悬崖小镇跑坡杂记:又一次被表扬了:可怜的女人躲了很久,还是没能逃脱Up or Out: The Ruthless Tenure Race for Young Chinese Scholars改变命运Simply buy and hold QQQ will beat 95% people对最近一个时期油股股价的思考Woolworths本周最新打折图表 6月26日--7月2日!!长篇小说《谷雨立夏间》98 见上一面为什么新冠疫情不会引发大萧条?美国在不同历史阶段的面孔分享、显摆、炫富那个族裔每周工作最多时数,数据和一般人尤其是亚裔想象的不一样 …【美国驻广州总领事馆活动】英语学术论文写作与发表工作坊,7月22日至7月23日湖边的轨道闲聊看剧显摆也可,吹牛也可,唯一不可。。。
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。