>
跟儿子讨论过穷日子。。。

跟儿子讨论过穷日子。。。

borisg
楼主 (文学城)

-Hello Dad, did you call me?

-Yes, and I left you a message too.

-What's about?

-Do you have anything to do this weekend?

-Not really, maybe I go around a little bit.

-Last time you were talking about get some extra work over the weekend.

-Well, that needs supervisor's approval, and I don't think anybody has been approved lately.

-Since you don't have much to do during the weekend, have you been thinking about getting a part time job for some extra income?

-I have been thinking so.

-All right, try that. Maybe a supermarket or something. Many places need people.

- I guess so.

-I have been trying to teach you guys to find some source of income. Since you have many years to go, there might be bad time you need to get some income to feed yourself and family. It is an essential skill. You see my point?

-Yes.

-OK now comes to what I want to talk about. There is a house just listed, I want you to contact the realtor to set up a time to look at it. Do you think you can do this weekend?

-Yes I think I can.

-I already sent you the realtor's contact and the address by text.

-I saw that message came in, but haven't looked at it because I was at work.

-This is a house that needs a lot of work. I want you to have a good look at it. Remember that we have been to Home Depot to look at each shelf what they had? This is the time to use that knowledge. Try to find out what needs fixing and get an estimate for the job.

I have to warn you that the house is really in bad shape. It was hit by a fallen tree and has holes on the roof. The house was abandoned for years and there were water damages. There was no power or water . 

The first thing for you to do is to get a big stick, tap on the floors or steps for each step before you go. I don't want you to fall through a rotten floor. And don't forget to get a face mask because there might be molds there. 

The things to look at are, first the structure. To what extent is the roof damaged, how many rafters needs replacement.  Then go inside, check each room for walls and floors, check ceilings that are leaking because of the tree. That's the main thing. The house is old, everything inside goes, so ignore that. Apart from the roof damage this should be a regular extensive rehab. That's not I am worried about.

Also look at window, those are expensive to replace. And the condition of plumbing. I was told the house was frozen and then when the spring came the copper pipes busted and the basement flooded. Now the water was turned off and pumped out of the basement, but it can still be nasty there. When you go down that stairway to basement , make sure the treads are not rotted. Check plumbing and electrics, panel box, heating unit, water heater is probably no good anyway because of the freeze.

Basically that's it. Can you do that.

-I think I can.

-Ok that's good. Because by now you should know it's hard to get a job with good income, and housing is so expensive now, you might need the skills to fix or flip houses so that you got some place to live. Let me run some numbers. Say this house now sells for 100k, that's basically the price for the lot only. But if we can fix that, it will sells 300k. How much will this cost? Without seen everying my estimate is that maybe we need 50k materials and perhaps some services we have to hire. Some of the jobs we may have to hire licensed persons. You have learned a lot of skills over the years that you can do many things yourself. If I say we take time, and work on the weekend, we do it in a year, you might earned 100k sweat equity, that's way more than what you are making now.

-I see what you mean.

-You will probably be overwelmed when you first step into the house. It does'nt matter. Even if it's beyond our capacity, you gain experience by the exposure. You need to see many houses. Ok, I have said enough. Everything clear?

-Yes. I will see if I can do this weekend.

-Great, I am done with you. Have a good weekend.

-You too. Bye Bye.

更多我的博客文章>>> 跟儿子讨论过穷日子。。。 讨论一下三年困难时期的粮食短缺有多大程度上是因为天气引起的 纠结是不是三千万有必要么 小孩有兴趣念PHD的,可以参考一下这个报告。 中国官方发布的历年人口数字与三年困难时期人口非正常死亡的估计
守月
2 楼
哈哈,打狗棒开路。听你的描述,我感觉这房子不成。房子要重做房顶,不是换瓦片,另外,我估计要换起码一层楼的墙,里边早该发

霉了,水管可能也要全部换(不是修几处漏)。几乎就是掏空。我见过几个这种漏水又空了几年的房。

若是请正规公司做,这屋顶一项就要5万块。

柠檬椰子汁
3 楼
有人喜欢倒腾房子,有人喜欢倒腾股票或者其他事情。希望你儿子和你喜欢一样的事情。
borisg
4 楼
I am not too worried about roof it self, but the structure.
lovecat08
5 楼
老鼠的儿子,会打洞!哈!
logyliang2002
6 楼
多好的爹呀,殚精竭虑,苦口婆心
守月
7 楼
你若真想把他引上路,先找容易修的,可能投入高一点,赚得少一点。买卖成功,建立起信心和兴趣,逐渐积累经验。摸着石头过河。
最西边的岛上
8 楼
赞!!U’ve got a good Son & should b Very proud of yourself!
nylandlord
9 楼
赞!可怜天下父母心啊。你儿子也很懂事。
一帖
10 楼
波大的帖子常常是励志的,这一篇却染绕人以淡淡的哀忧,想起赵丹临终的话:"管得太具体,文艺没希望"。我们ABC二代的希望,

是无为而治放手地让他们在追寻自己的爱好中发揮出自已的天赋,成为学者中的大师,应用实业中的创新者。而不是苦口婆心地指明他们的方向路径和手把手地培养他们成熟工巧匠。

DJGO_SF1996
11 楼
哈哈,波大是不放过一切机会说明儿子继承地主衣钵,儿子看来也有兴趣,不错!
DJGO_SF1996
12 楼
*说服儿子
大王叫我来巡山00
13 楼
真烦啊,摊上你这样的爸爸。孩子工作了还要盯着不放,就不能让他 relax 一下?
惨白的天使
14 楼
有点心不在焉
相关阅读
《世界报》报道,在德国柏林的妓院里,几乎50%的妓女来自乌克兰【雪迷宫】都是生面孔,但剧本好,看的下去。。。。。凡人歌 是 一部 主旋律 剧!告诉凡人们,要开始过 苦日子了!被烙印扣了个大帽子,怎么解?慈禧和近代中国2024年9月排期表已出,亲属类职业类均无变化【嘉宾日程公布】2024(第七届)多组学研究与临床转化前沿论坛,9月13-14日上海召开!2024年中非合作论坛峰会将于9月4日至6日在北京举行阿唐哥不知道跑完了吗。无敌教授已经完赛,126小时07分09秒(5天6小时),第128名。2024年9月美国移民排期更新!大千一位坛友刚提醒我Nick from WSJ昨天已经放了风,下周降息50 bps2024年9月美国移民排期从儿子家回来,老公去机场接,就在门口等着的,都没进去~~~结果他中招了!今天按医生指示去买测试包回来测【双龙齐舞庆中秋】活动暖场 跟风今天学唱《月琴》十 过去唱过的歌2024年9月绿卡排期:职业移民和亲属移民均未变化$512,900,000,000 in Unrealized Losses Hit US Banks投坛 vs 大千惨烈!金蝶 1142 万。。。用友 395 万。。。相差 747 万。。。可怜的姜小海,夹在义父,姐姐和大哥之间,一边是恩,一边是义,如何抉择?《谷雨立夏间》154 谎言与真相之间Azure 崩了。。。。。AWS 也崩了。。。国人圈子小,内容删了,中心思想:1)机会一直有的,不分前后,2)钱长腿的私人银行业务,觉得手续费高不划算呢,有必要吗?2024财年最后一个月绿卡排期,2024年9月出炉应急生活资金是放money market还是T【24年9月】绿卡排期:稳健静息中,等待新财年名额;因为美国移民局采取了这两个新策略除了更换过滤网之外,汽车的空调系统多久需要彻底清洁一次?三武一宗法难几十年以后回头看,选择长跑(耐力项目)好处不少物以类聚,人以群分
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。