Redian新闻
>
American Kids Today: Better or Worse?

American Kids Today: Better or Worse?

寒苇
楼主 (文学城)

According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), teen pregnancy and birth rates in the U.S. have been declining since 1991 and hit a record low in 2019. 

The CDC also indicates that young Americans are less and less inclined to have sexual intercourse during their high school years. This trend makes sense of the drop in teen pregnancy today.

How about drug and alcohol use? The National Institute on Drug Abuse found in 2021 that American teens have continuously been smoking less and drinking less for decades. Indeed, between 1991 and 2019, the percentage (%) of American teens having "ever tried cigarette smoking" came down from 70 to 24. During the same period, there has also been a sharp percentage fall in current smokers (from 27.5% in 1991 to 6% in 2019).

The above findings show that today's American kids are doing better. Prove it if you believe otherwise.

--- by 寒苇

renqiulan
2 楼
What a pleasant surprise you've brought us!
寒苇
3 楼
I also brought myself a pleasant surprise.
renqiulan
4 楼
Why was it a pleasant surprise to you?
寒苇
5 楼
I didn't expect American kids to have done so much better.
renqiulan
6 楼
You're not the only one.
寒苇
7 楼
It's the trend that's most encouraging.
renqiulan
8 楼
Right on.
shuier
9 楼
Howdy, everyone?
寒苇
10 楼
Great. We're sharing some good news about American kids.
唐宋韵
11 楼
其实何止是孩子。用文中的1991年比现在,重要的指标,如医疗和社会保障,今天好很多,暴力犯罪率今天低很多。。。他们不信。
shuier
12 楼
Your post is the message. You're the messenger.
寒苇
13 楼
谢谢唐宋君。对呀。当然,那些mass shootings的负面影响太大了。
寒苇
14 楼
I'm proud to be the messenger.
renqiulan
15 楼
BTW,people tend to think that statistical reports are boring
寒苇
16 楼
Maybe we should collect statistics about boredom.
renqiulan
17 楼
Go ahead. A study of boredom would be super-exciting.
寒苇
18 楼
But first, help me to apply for a grant.
renqiulan
19 楼
Yes, if you're serious enough.
shuier
20 楼
Let me join the fun.
寒苇
21 楼
Only if you're serious enough.
shuier
22 楼
Fair enough.
唐宋韵
23 楼
与里根、马丁路德金、肯尼迪被刺比如何?
唐宋韵
24 楼
另外,可以查查1970年的五四美国发生了什么。。。与此同时宇航员也在登月呢。
寒苇
25 楼
唐宋君所说的都是历史性的震撼事件。现时不时发生的持枪滥杀无辜事件,也震撼人心。不是人人都是大人物,但是人人都有可能受害。
AP33912
26 楼
mental heath and substance abuse get worse, especially in last
唐宋韵
27 楼
恕我直言,从你的帖子我看出,你也是我上面说的“他们”中的一位,被如今的新闻,特别是社交媒体牵着鼻子走,忘却了如今

信息的高密度和引导偏见的能力(同时自己也是被带偏的信息源和评论员)。

我问你,如果过去相当长的一个时间段,美国的暴力犯罪率、枪击死亡率都比今天高的话,你凭什么声称,那些暴力都是针对大人物的,而普通老百姓比现在安全?无辜者比现在受到伤害的概率低?呵呵!

唐宋韵
28 楼
其实,简单地说“昔不如今”或“今不如昔”都不合适。我们今天处于一个完全不同的时代,面临着完全不同的

问题和挑战。因此,作为年轻一代,其忧思和着眼点也应当是不同的。(而且吸毒少、乱性少也只是“更好”的一方面)。原则上讲,美国的今天我认为还是一个问题与希望并存的状态。。。我几周前在论坛上post了一首长诗,反映了我的总体观点,供参考 --

https://bbs.wenxuecity.com/sxsj/164558.html

寒苇
29 楼
I think a lot of people share your impression. But proof?
AP33912
30 楼
i have report/data from my company but can't share here.
唐宋韵
31 楼
两个分开的问题:1. 近年吸毒总人数不如一两代人以前;2.现在吸毒造成的死亡比那时多得多。这是因为

Not all drugs are created equal.  近年吸毒者更多使用opioids类,特别是使用fentanyl。由于这类药物的tolerance特性,在复吸时极容易导致呼吸衰竭,进而导致死亡。现在美国每年的死亡人数已经超过7万,是枪击死亡的两倍。这就是所谓的fentanyl crisis。

AP33912
32 楼
主要是这几年mental health may have got worse。
唐宋韵
33 楼
Main reason: Fentanyl is cheap and easily available. Much

of it is from China, and the two countries have been playing blaming game for quite a while.

The deaths are largely white young people at the Rust Belt, a result of globalization.

唐宋韵
34 楼
刚出来:https://www.wenxuecity.com/news/2023/05/22/12331413.html
寒苇
35 楼
Keep your data then. Thanks, AP!
寒苇
36 楼
1. I'm talking about teenagers. 2. I'm talking about trends.
相关阅读
Makers鲲鹏周行事历 | 5月15日-5月21日秋后问斩ROTH IRA which broker is better? can trade stock and more ,,【冯站长之家】2023年5月21日(周日)三分钟新闻早餐贼喊捉贼式的新疆指控,让人出离愤怒Today's Doodle迈富时、第四范式、米高化工、耐看娱乐、武汉有机5家港IPO上市备案补充材料要求(2023年5月12日—2023年5月18日)cruises kids sail for free是假的吗2023年5月21日物联网新闻梅花低调香更远China financed the American Revolution《雪山姑娘》&《一个人两个人》在水一方 + 苏州佳人+呆萌的猫(摄影)today is a long day泽连斯基抵日本会见各国领导人,习包子自立丐帮莺歌燕舞唱对台𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐧𝐢𝐊𝐞𝐚𝐧双皮奶内衣裤,软弹有度,上身0束缚~1956年,朝鲜政府要求中国人民志愿军全部撤出朝鲜始末所谓“百年未有之大变局”是习近平自己深思熟虑后的判断吗?国际要闻简报,轻松了解天下事(2023年5月21日)2023年5月21日历史上的今天这几天的快乐是戛纳红毯给的 巩俐红毯灾难,竟然没人敢说?老美和我们老中有同感!绝大多数美国人 Doubt Their Children Will Be Better Off又见桐花开today's data on housing market遭遇人生四大喜,不亦乐乎!被点名了!Asian American Conservatives Have Become Key Allies ofTimes Square Billboard Attracts Chinese Attention SeekersAF Kids 有 the big sale. 额外75折,家里有Teen的可以去看看American Say They Need $2.2 Million to Be Considered Wealthy冷却的不止季节(41)— 丧葬费I am a proud mama today5033 血壮山河之武汉会战 鏖战幕府山 2是可忍孰不可忍:Who is really after your kids?一张罕见的结婚照American born Chinese已经可以看了。Disney plus千年古木照常开 三大神樱万客来几度相遇,终究有缘无份【𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐧𝐢𝐊𝐞𝐚𝐧双皮奶无痕内裤】49元三条!巨巨巨好穿 !!简直就是辣妹顶配,食品级冰箱收纳盒【一日团】2023年5月21日医疗晨报2023年5月21日价格早报
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。