Redian新闻
>
Wild Mushrooms + 采蘑菇的小姑娘

Wild Mushrooms + 采蘑菇的小姑娘

甜虫虫
楼主 (文学城)

Wild Mushrooms

First things first. On New Year’s Eve, I posted a song, 'You Are My Sunshine,' and in that post, I wished for sunshine during the daylight and rain at night. On New Year’s Day, my wish came true. When I woke up, the sun was already shining brightly outside. Unfortunately, though, I got something I never wished for on that day. I got a fever and a headache. It turned out I got COVID. I stayed in bed for a whole week. I saw some of you read my post and left your comments kindly. But I was just too sick to log in to reply. I owe you a 'Thank You'! Thank you, Qiulan, 卫宁, 羽音, AP, 忒忒绿, Xiaosai, and Godog! Thank you all for your time and kindness. Qiulan, thank you for your kind advice! I’ll try to learn to put wings on my stress so they can fly away. :) That is a very good piece of advice!

Now that’s out of the way, let’s talk about wild mushrooms.

采蘑菇的小姑娘

It's the rainy season here in Central California, which means it's also mushroom hunting season. So far, I've learned to identify four kinds of wild mushrooms: Porcini mushroom, Cauliflower mushroom, Candy Cap mushroom, and Oyster mushroom. They are all common in my area, and they are quite distinct, making them easy to identify and relatively safe when it comes to making mistakes.

Porcini mushroom (aka king bolete), is the most common and popular wild mushroom in this area. Porcini mushrooms are brown-capped mushrooms with fat, white stalks. The caps can range in size from an inch to nearly a foot, but most are no more than a few inches. The caps have a convex shape when young, giving them the ideal appearance for mushrooms. 

Porcini mushrooms should not be soaked in water or even rinsed if possible. This is true for most wild mushrooms. Use a dry or slightly damp paper towel to wipe any dirt off of each mushroom just before using. Excess water will cause the delicate mushrooms to deteriorate before cooking. I usually use a small brush to gently brush away the dirt.

Fresh mushrooms can be sautéed, braised, fried, grilled, or stewed. They tend to be prepared simply (such as sautéed) to maintain their flavor and texture. Served as a side dish or added to risotto or pasta, they are a seasonal treat. I often sauteed them in butter. They are often described as nutty and earthy with a meatiness in flavor and texture. They have a similar taste to other, more common mushrooms, but with a deeper and nuttier flavor. Fresh mushrooms have a tender, meaty texture when cooked.

Cauliflower mushrooms (Sparassis radicata) are a variety of saprobe, a parasite known for leeching off trees (particularly decaying oak stumps). The fruiting body of a cauliflower mushroom is big, clumpy-shaped, and pale yellow or cream-colored. With a width and height of six to twelve inches, this variety essentially looks like a large head of cauliflower. Toothsome yet tender, cauliflower mushrooms’ consistency doesn’t soften much while cooking—meaning they remain pleasantly firm, with no risk of getting mushy.

I found this one at the foot of a big Monterey Pine tree in a park that’s only a block away from my house. With numerous convolutions, like those in the brain, cleaning a cauliflower mushroom can be quite challenging.

Candy Cap mushrooms, as the name suggests, have a sweet scent. Some people say they smell like caramel or maple sugar. I think they smell more like Tiramisu, with the combined scents of coffee and chocolate.

Candy caps are members of the Lactarius family. Lactarius mushrooms all bleed a milky liquid when their gills are cut or damaged. The color of the milky latex substance varies among Lactarius mushrooms, but all the candy caps bleed a white liquid. Candy caps, in general, are small brownish mushrooms. They aren’t eye-catching. All parts of the candy cap mushrooms are brittle – this is actually a key distinguishing feature. The cap and stem break easily, usually with a clear snap.

Due to their sweet scent, candy caps aren’t cooked like most edible mushrooms. They are predominantly used as a flavoring. Their flavor and scent intensify with drying, so the majority of users dry out the mushrooms, powder them, and use the powder to flavor the dish.

I have never dried them and used them for making dessert. I often just sauté them, as I do with other wild mushrooms. They don’t taste as tender and flavorful as porcini or cauliflower mushrooms when sautéed, but still delicious.

That’s all I have to offer today. I hope you will find time to go outdoors. Maybe you'll find some wild mushrooms as well. Feel free to share your bounty if you find any.

更多我的博客文章>>> Wild Mushrooms + 采蘑菇的小姑娘 【美坛综艺秀假日篇】You Are My Sunshine (你是我的阳光) 【囧囧有神】神秘嘉宾暖场,竞猜:仙妈 《亲亲我的宝贝》ft. 丽丽 + 《城里的月光》 Dying (死去) -By Emily Dickinson After Great Pain (大痛之后) -By Emily Dickinson
天边一片白云
2 楼
甜虫虫好!Take a good rest. Wish you a speedy recovery!
天边一片白云
3 楼
It is nice to be able to identify edible mushrooms.
盈盈一笑间
4 楼
Sorry to hear about it,虫虫。Hope you've made a full recovery.
盈盈一笑间
5 楼
歌甜人美,唱得真好听。瞬间将我们带回童年时光,想和你一起去做采蘑菇的小菇凉。英文流畅,文字功底好。欣赏!
移花接木
6 楼
little knowledge of wild mushroom but they looked delicious
移花接木
7 楼
好久没听过这首歌了,真好听。COVID is so obstinate
妖妖灵
8 楼
现在看这么多英文先发懵了:)我新年过后也感冒了,但是covid阴性。蘑菇看着和灵芝似的。赞虫虫活泼好唱!
遍野
9 楼
真好!This is another new door to me :+)) ~~~~~~~
甜虫虫
10 楼
Thank you 白云!I feel much better today. :)
甜虫虫
11 楼
谢谢盈盈!I feel much better although I still have a bad cough.
甜虫虫
12 楼
谢谢盈盈谬赞:)帖子中有几段是网上抄的,其余的不怎么好的是我自己写的:))
甜虫虫
13 楼
花帅好!I grew up eating wild mushrooms,different kinds though.
甜虫虫
14 楼
Yes, I'm afraid COVID is here to stay :(
甜虫虫
15 楼
妖妖好久不见!问好!我很少写那么长的帖子。今天写着写着差点忘了写到哪里:)今年加州各种流感,周围不少人病了,抱抱!
甜虫虫
16 楼
nice! Thank you! Yes, a lot of unknowns behind the doors.
方外居士
17 楼
唱得好棒。想起了小时候上山采蘑菇!
甜虫虫
18 楼
谢谢居士!我小时候也经常上山采蘑菇,那些是开心的时刻 :)
妖妖灵
19 楼
你居然病在床上一个星期,这么重啊。可以家里备用一些

莲花清瘟胶囊。

德盛行有卖,可以减轻症状,缩短病程。

买各种东东一共$50以上就可以免费邮寄了

https://www.tsemporium.com/?gad_source=1

古树羽音
20 楼
谢谢虫虫博动人可人的歌声,更赞永不泯灭的童心!欣慰你回复了健康和好心情!
盈盈一笑间
21 楼
好久不见,古树,问好!新年以来日本的新闻很多,正挂念你呢。:)
古树羽音
22 楼
盈盈坛官好,朋友们好!
盈盈一笑间
23 楼
新年后感冒的人不少,朋友同事都有中招的。多保重。
暖冬cool夏
24 楼
好唱,好好听!唤起了久远的记忆!加州中部有蘑菇采啊?我以为这么干燥的地方没有蘑菇:)
7grizzly
25 楼
Porcini looks good for a cream sauce.
甜虫虫
26 楼
加州中部沿海,现在是雨季:)谢谢暖冬读帖!周末愉快!
甜虫虫
27 楼
Thank you for your warm words! Wish you a wonderful 2024!
甜虫虫
28 楼
I bet!:)
甜虫虫
29 楼
Thank you so much for the information! You’re awesome!
甜虫虫
30 楼
是呢!再次谢谢盈盈!周末愉快:)
颤音
31 楼
wonderful for sweet teeth?
godog
32 楼
Your singing like sunshine raining down from the clear sky!

Enjoy it a lot! It also brought back my good old days of mushroom hunting.

最西边的岛上
33 楼
好好听!赞一个!
古树羽音
34 楼
老太婆感谢甜虫虫小姑凉:-)))
古树羽音
35 楼
我在北大荒的原始林海伐木时,也採过猴头蘑和黑木耳,猴头蘑特别大,黑木耳布鲁布鲁颤巍巍的,交给连队食堂了。
相关阅读
《This Masquerade》by 俏君赖德清医生当总统了,他父亲是矿工,33岁就在挖矿时候出事故去世,寡母把他养大,一路学霸,是主治医生。【花样女神节】《Where Wild Rose Grow 野玫瑰》 by AP+, Bonus:3/8 历史写在星期四经历百迈咀外文嚼汉字(293)药草; 香草;“巴吉尔”,“罗勒”新年伊始的糗事几盆小小的绿色植物【线上Zoom活动】美国的流行音乐教育,2024年1月14日,星期日,下午2:00 – 3:30证监会对4家企业拟香港/美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月5日—2024年1月11日)2024年1月13日(周六)冯站长之家三分钟晚间新闻【摄影故事活动】刚到多伦多的胶卷照片,及寻找影友组织经历撸卡人生:行万里路,吃百家饭.快餐式的情欲2023晚秋中欧行: (1) 初雪中出发令地主最头疼的不是房客2024年1月13日价格早报A Lone Wild Goose. 孤雁很久很久没有去唐人街了,昨天去遇到一件事让人不高兴2024年1月13日医疗晨报周六吹牛:一分智慧九十九分汗水证监会对6家企业拟香港/美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月19日—2024年1月25日)为什么中国近代与科学和民主无缘?6049 血壮山河 卢沟桥之变 18【冯站长之家】2024年1月13日(周六)三分钟新闻早餐如果担心日本核污染排泄对三文鱼的影响,Atlantic Farm Raised 和 Alaska Wild Caught河南省平顶山煤矿事故已致9人遇难【冯站长说安全】2024年1月13日码农与医生都属于低离婚率的人群。证监会对4家企业拟香港上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月12日—2024年1月18日)周末灌水:关于co为什么叫“火腿肠”雷佳音马丽肖战获微博之夜优秀演员奖!恭喜!【美坛综艺秀】Glow Wild in the Zoo(多图)红色日记 再添女孩 11.1-30室内设计:颜色的选择2024年1月13日历史上的今天台湾“蓝白”合谈成了,开创台湾新纪元!《云宫迅音》&《苍天的孩子》随记(网易) 孙卫东撕开时代创伤, 公派入籍美国视同叛国!
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。