Redian新闻
>
APAD: The rose’s in her hand, the flavor in mine

APAD: The rose’s in her hand, the flavor in mine

天边一片白云
楼主 (文学城)

I believe  this proverb  is from a chinese saying: "赠人玫瑰,手有余香".
There is  another versioin of translation: "The fragrance always stays in the hand that gives the rose".

This proverb's literal meaning is very clean. But it carries morn than its literal meaning.

No matter how small a good deed may seem, such as giving a rose to someone, helping others, be nice to others, saying good words to others or just give a smile to someone, it often not only will  give the warm feeling  to the recipient,  it also makes the giver fell warm, happy and satisfying. 

Talking about rose, I would like to share a story.  I got my first Valentine's gift - a single stick of red rose in the valentine's day of 2009. But it was not from my hubby.  I never expected a Valentine's gift from him. According to a survery, chinese man is the least romantic people in the whole world. Haha, It might not sure. I  just made it up.  But I knew for sure my hubby was one of these practical people. . 

The rose was from my manager - a nice greek old man. He brought each of the lady in our team a stick of rose in office.  I immediatelly found a empty plastics bottle , filled it with water and set the rose in it and put it on the top of my desk, next to my monitor.  I stared at the flower, admiring its beauty. A warm feeling simmered and grew from the depth of my heart, covered the whole body.

As soon as I reached home from office, I took out a nice flower case,  filled it with water and put  the rose in it.  I put it on the counter top of the kitchen.  

On the next Valentine's day, I got a surprised valentine's gift - a bunch of venlentine's rose from my hubby. And again next year, next year again,  with different color each year. The one in  the picture is from this year valentine's gift. 

Thanks

天边一片白云
2 楼
我要准备到办公室上班去了,下班回家才能上网
移花接木
3 楼
Beauty, more blessed to give than receive
盈盈一笑间
4 楼
be nice to others, and say good words to others
盈盈一笑间
5 楼
良言一句三冬暖
最西边的岛上
6 楼
赞!your hubby and boss both are wise men. ;-)
移花接木
7 楼
我朋友夫妇在国内时,情人节时这大哥给媳妇打电话:老婆,我就别买花了,花同样钱买鸡腿吧
CBA7
8 楼
Thank you, 白云, for this nice APAD and your lovely story.
最西边的岛上
9 楼
Ur friend is wiser, giving&receiving at the same time. Hahah
7grizzly
10 楼
Nice stories. Where did you find the proverb?
妖妖灵
11 楼
What a romantic story!“Good women are a school for men”:)
天边一片白云
12 楼
哈哈。实惠。
天边一片白云
13 楼
can't agree more.
天边一片白云
14 楼
Thank you 西岛。
天边一片白云
15 楼
谢谢小西鼓励。
天边一片白云
16 楼
谢谢。先有中文,再找到英文。not sure if this is a real proverb or not.
天边一片白云
17 楼
可能买鸡腿更好。
康赛欧
18 楼
写得真好!我也喜欢玫瑰花。
相关阅读
Don’t touch her【花样女神节】※ Red is the rose ※给裸根兰花安家,一起新年快乐APAD: I wouldn't give him the time of day.How a Student’s Fake Exercise Book Broke the Chinese Internet【花样女神节】《Where Wild Rose Grow 野玫瑰》 by AP+, Bonus:3/8 历史证监会对1家企业拟美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月26日—2024年2月1日)APAD: One hand washes the otherRap:Don’t touch her You are not the same age美股基本面 - 2023_12_31 * 晨报 * 一入江湖岁月催!心中有基本,临危不慌张。新年快乐,来年再战。【花样女神节】《La vie en Rose》ft.英国玫瑰Lucy Thomas2024年2月1日历史上的今天“The Rose” 献给美语坛版主盈盈德彪西的音乐图像:引言祝贺水乡新任版主,送上玫瑰 "The Rose" By 云起The ‘Invisible’ Cleaners Keeping the Cities SpotlessAPAD: fight fire with fireAPAD:Beware of Greeks bearing gifts【美坛综艺秀假日篇】《My Love Mine All Mine》by Mitski免费 $25 Sephora 返现,免费 $20 Lowe’s 返现【TCB 限时注册奖励】Trader Joe's第15届年度最受顾客欢迎的产品出炉啦!下次逛Trader Joe’s就去试试看吧APAD: It's the greatest thing since sliced bread我的初中(二):安得广厦千万间2024年Trader Joe’s最受欢迎榜单来了!这17样人气商品你试过了吗?#英语学习#英语俗语:To have Butterflies (in one’s stomach)APAD: The darkest hour has only 60 minutesAPAD: Finders keepers, losers weepers作别流年APAD: Every man has his priceIn China’s Array of Dialects, Emerging Writers Find a New VoiceAPAD: Honesty is the best policy.【星坛春节综艺会】暖场 雪中玫瑰 The RoseAPAD: a watched pot never boils ~~~~嫉妒的心灵不美丽2023虽然过的不尽人意但是也要总结一下!关于朱令铊中毒的一点讨论《再见,布里诺斯艾利斯》The Chinese ‘Auntie’ Who Hit the Road — and Never Looked Back两首《万家灯火》APAD:a friend in need is a friend indeed
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。