Redian新闻
>
APAD: To thine own self be true

APAD: To thine own self be true

最西边的岛上
楼主 (文学城)

The quote “to thine own self be true” means that one should be true to their principles and who they are. They should not strive to please other people by changing what they believe in or acting in any way that is outside what they really want to do.

Origin: From a monologue delivered by the character Polonius in Act I Scene III of Hamlet by William Shakespeare.

- Source: wikipedia and others
-------------------------------------------------------

I think "忠实于自己" is an accurate translation of the phrase.  For me, I could only be myself: be honest, logical (most times), direct, and empathetic. I can be a little bit stubborn as well.  After all, I'm just human with my own faults, but I'll leave that topic for another day. 

This morning, when I woke up and met by the staring eyes of Maowi the cat, suddenly it became very clear to me: Maowi is a perfect example of " To thine own self be true"!

硅谷居士
2 楼
Thanks for sharing! It is very hard to do it in real life.
硅谷居士
3 楼
在《聊斋志异》的名篇《罗刹海市》里,作者感慨:花面逢迎,世情如鬼!
最西边的岛上
4 楼
Yes, beenThereDoneThat, rejection+Isolation doHurt! But
最西边的岛上
5 楼
"I am who I am” ;-). Below is a poem that 灵美眉 may like:-) :

We wear the mask that grins and lies,
It hides our cheeks and shades our eyes,
This debt we pay to human guile;
With torn and bleeding hearts we smile

― Paul Laurence Dunbar

妖妖灵
6 楼
It‘s nice!A deep thought!Learned!Next,
妖妖灵
7 楼
“Trust thyself: every heart vibrates to that iron string.”
妖妖灵
8 楼
学习了,这个节奏感太好了:)
7grizzly
9 楼
Every heart vibrates to that iron string - Emerson.
7grizzly
10 楼
Haha. You beat me to it!
妖妖灵
11 楼
哈哈,actually,you must beat me as 我是现趸现卖:)
7grizzly
12 楼
It felt easier in the west.
移花接木
13 楼
One of the hardest things to do, too precious
最西边的岛上
14 楼
it's a beautiful one, isn't it?
最西边的岛上
15 楼
哈哈哈. Strong and steadfast heart 4 you, for 7G兄 and for all!
最西边的岛上
16 楼
Cheers to that!!!
最西边的岛上
17 楼
May not be, if U give aChild Grimm's fairy tale as 1stBook;)
妖妖灵
18 楼
非常棒!下次的赏诗活动就用你推荐的这首啦!:)
最西边的岛上
19 楼
Back from bike ride, picture of Mt Baker from the beach +

1. Mt Baker today

2. Mt Baker last Sunday (from the little mountain near our home)

妖妖灵
20 楼
Vivid pictures!Trees sprout~
相关阅读
APAD: A true friend is a rare friend哥大示威学生情况:这些被抓的有的已放出来了,还会继续搞2024年4月20日星期六RELO北京英语教学研讨会看看这个恶魔-石井松根穷游阿历克斯之冬游记之122024年4月11-14日广州黄启团导师NLP专业执行师:一套「实用人性手册」,揭开自我改变的惊人秘密(二阶,可插班)人工智能索拉 (Sora)【Chinatown|Downtown】 【本科生高级公寓天花板】【 屋顶天台 + 露天泳池】嗑药和身体的结构损伤和九十岁老教授谈怎么学数学美股基本面 - 2024_02_19 * 晚报 * 第一资本金融据悉寻求收购Discover 有望成为年内又一大单。欧洲股市变當年的軟盤大家還記得嗎大家都还在观望吗?dca也不值得做吗?我又要管不住手了理科生的逻辑也可能很糟糕长篇小说 侦破小组之迷案追踪 第二十七章邓元杰精彩文章汇总(2024年4月1日前)商业地产价格开始松动了2024年4月13-14日邵歆然导师线上《关系智慧工作坊》【免中介+免两月】【那些年我们住不到的房源】【波士顿中心天际线】【【精致奢华】【近绿线】【Downtown/Chinatown】Harrow、Downe House、Mill Hill…加入2024暑期夏令营!报告发现 20% 的水果和蔬菜农药含量高长篇小说 侦破小组之迷案追踪 第二十六章朱批《毛批三国》长篇小说 侦破小组之迷案追踪 第二十九章我们的娃需要打开思路,他们学硬核,以后是和全世界的技术人才比拼。。。。迪拜瑞吉酒店(The St Regis Dubai Downtown)豪华大床房(Deluxe King Room)入住体验【星坛综艺会11期】暖场, 《存在》送给高飞的杜鹃 ~ Ap猜想:胃泛酸的不容易得新冠?驱逐房客学医路上坑不少,小心被这个系统洗脑!长篇小说 侦破小组之迷案追踪 第二十八章雅安随想Too good to be true?我的新家,I'm excited滴水有乾坤好久没干interval了Towns Cut Off as ‘Once-in-a-Century’ Floods Engulf South China这边在国内一线还有房的朋友,你们打算卖房吗?有你的笔记本吗?笔记本CPU性能释放天梯图 2024年4月19日一不小心翻开了杜甫的恋爱日记……
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。