Redian新闻
>
APAD: "Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional"

APAD: "Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional"

最西边的岛上
楼主 (文学城)
"Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional
- Walt Disney or Chili Davis or Anonymous (pick the one you like the most ;-)

Possible Meanings

A serious one (from Quora but please don't ask me what it means):
" Entropy is a physical law all things obey and it says we must decay to simpler things. Thus life is anti-entropy (we defy the universe to live, literally). We’re lucky to live as long as we do and we do it because we are smart. We eat omnivorously, have social support systems, and have culture and technology that assists our prolonged anti-entropy states. Ultimately, we are just a blurr in the chemical reactions that happen every moment in our universe. We are special but also not. In the end, like all systems, we are in flux. Part of the flux is growing old and dying. That’s life in this universe. Be grateful you’re able to be organized as a human right now to wonder. Also, remember, you’ve always existedold, exist now, and will exist for all time; the catch is that you’re not always going to be in the state you are in now. Again, be grateful for the state your in now."

A easy one (also from Quora):
"Quite simple, actually—our biological bodies will age, and eventually die—but some people never fully arrive at a mature, balanced place psychologically—and some of us never lose touch with the magical, innocent, wonderful child within."

To me, there is no confusion in "growing old".  But "growing up" has two different meanings:
1. To be moulded into a standard piece of the main stream of the society, do and say what are expected and can be taken to anywhere and plugged in like an AI ;-)
2. To come to maturity intellectually, be respectful to Mother Nature and others, and be responsible for own actions.

Although these two are not mutually exclusive and I did try to fit in when I was young and didn't know much, I personally don't like and have been trying to refuse to become a "standard piece" all my adulthood, and I wish us all be mature but "never lose touch with the magical, innocent, wonderful child within“.  

Good news: the mid-autumn festival cookies have arrived in Walmart Canada, and I bought a box yesterday ;-)    
移花接木
2 楼
the serious one is a serious atheism. death&tax r mandatory
移花接木
3 楼
is the moon cake imported from China?
移花接木
4 楼
I had mine 3yrs in a row from a local home kitchen

gift by my realtor

最西边的岛上
5 楼
hahaha, thinkPositively: tax will b final when deathComes;))
最西边的岛上
6 楼
Store1s r LikelyFomC. I only like&trust稻香村cookies, haven't
最西边的岛上
7 楼
bought月饼4ages, made myOwn 冰皮月饼,烤豆沙//鲜肉月饼 b4 :-))
移花接木
8 楼
I am irreconcilable with meat mooncake
最西边的岛上
9 楼
I know (per粽子talk;-). I like 2try differentFood, but agree
最西边的岛上
10 楼
meat should stay with 包子和饺子only ;-))
瓷善家
11 楼
I like this quote. Life is a journey, aging is inevitable,
瓷善家
12 楼
But maintaining curiosity&youthful spirit is your own choice
最西边的岛上
13 楼
U got it! ;-))
暖冬cool夏
14 楼
We die to give space to the younger generations:)
最西边的岛上
15 楼
& may our spirits live on w/ them and be passed on ... ...
天边一片白云
16 楼
我不爱读书,就跟着APAD学习,growing old and growing up,
最西边的岛上
17 楼
白云美眉,我们一起学习. growing old naturally & growing up positively.
相关阅读
Davenport警察枪杀一只狗狗的视频你们看了吗?很难评啊Woolworths 8月14日-8月20日打折,porterhouse牛排6折声声慢Woolworths本周最新打折图表 8月14日--8月20日!差十天就来美25年了,分享老照片Coles本周最新打折图表 8月14日--8月20日!!Coles 8月14日-8月20日打折,香草考拉蛋糕、花生酱、益生菌、能量水全场半价求助万能的房坛: 气炉修理的问题全红婵好像在演上课被老师提问题的我小菲家的马夫人吃播被吐槽了,一口嚼八百下富国银行女员工死在工位上, 尸体恶臭才被发现2024年7月30日 – 8月1日RELO英语学术论文写作与发表暑期训练营问个AOPS的问题,如果今年在学校要上Geometry,还有必要同时间家里上aops的geometry吗【猜测】AmEx Gold 可能年费要涨到$325、出现White Gold卡面?【新增coupon book福利】父母把所有的精力都花在孩子身上,多少人觉得值得?我也丢行李(N年前)Bringing a 1,000-Year-Old Pottery Village Back to Life2024年8月最新移民排期:职业移民无变化,仅亲属移民表B部分类别前进Covid 又来了说起这个breast cancer资料:日本天皇的投降诏书92年《编辑部的故事》主演今昔对比,全是岁月的痕迹啊【我心目中的好演员】巩俐今天吃点好的还是入了电讯诈骗的坑续二佛真这么说过吗?请问中文原文是哪句?下周马上有个面试,求大家bless浴室的头发怎么清理2024年8月29-9月3日广州 《精英催眠营》精品工作坊,成为你自己的催眠大师!邓元杰精彩文章汇总(截止到2024年6月30日)
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。