and sweetening your fingers
where my eyes linger
and absorb your nails' indigo

The moon's rinsing a photo
till my dreams turn black and white
where I escape from light
and bond with your shadow

GPT:

This poem is a short and evocative piece that uses vivid imagery and metaphorical language to convey a sense of longing and desire. Let's break it down stanza by stanza:

Stanza 1:
"The sun's melting a gelato
and sweetening your fingers
where my eyes linger
and absorb your nails' indigo"

In this stanza, the poet uses the image of the sun melting a gelato (Italian ice cream) to create a sensory and sensual atmosphere. The act of the sun melting the gelato and sweetening the fingers of the subject implies warmth and sweetness. The poet's eyes "linger" on the subject, suggesting a deep and prolonged gaze. The mention of "nails' indigo" is a striking detail, indicating the subject's painted nails and perhaps their uniqueness or allure.

Stanza 2:
"The moon's rinsing a photo
till my dreams turn black and white
where I escape from light
and bond with your shadow"

In the second stanza, the moon takes on a contrasting role to the sun. It "rinses a photo," which implies a process of fading or cleansing. This action leads to the speaker's dreams turning "black and white," suggesting a departure from the colorful and vivid daytime world into a more introspective or romantic realm. The desire to "escape from light" may signify a desire for intimacy or secrecy, away from the brightness of the day. The final line, "and bond with your shadow," underscores the theme of desire and connection with the subject, even in the dim light of night.

Overall, the poem appears to be a reflection on desire and attraction, with the sun and moon serving as symbols of different aspects of the relationship. The sun represents the warmth and sensuality of the day, while the moon represents the mystery and intimacy of the night. The use of sensory details and strong imagery helps create a vivid and emotional atmosphere in this brief yet impactful poem.

更多我的博客文章>>> Light and Shadow-32 The sun's melting a gelato Light and Shadow-31 A fruit of light and shadow 蓝色骨头 崔健玩电影 翻箱底 Light and shadow-30 From you, what can I borrow Half light, half shadow 上了首页,显摆一把
方外居士
2 楼
where I escape from light and bond with your shadow
盈盈一笑间
3 楼
在颤音兄这首英文诗里,我读到了诗人瑰丽的想象力~~~欣赏,悦读~~~~~
方外居士
4 楼
+100
颤音
5 楼
谢谢居士
颤音
6 楼
果酱了,谢谢
renqiulan
7 楼
GPT has become your buddy.
renqiulan
8 楼
It is futile to resist gelato.
颤音
9 楼
indeed
颤音
10 楼
唠嗑的好伙计
天玉之
11 楼
赞好诗!
godog
12 楼
Enjoyed reading this poem full of imaginations
相关阅读
Light and Shadow180刀Razer DeathAdder V3 Pro Ultra-lightweight Ergonomic WirelessHalf light, half shadow 上了首页,显摆一把Here comes the SunLight and Shadow《潮起潮落》 and 《黑海上牧场》by H Longfellow and AP养娃费爹Light and ShadowLight and Shadow中国证监会:境外发行上市备案补充材料要求(2023年9月22日—2023年9月28日)2023年9月21日物联网新闻心中的那片海 ——读《老人与海》冷却的不止季节(93)— 模式Tracing the History of Shanghai’s Waste Management历史小说《黄裳元吉》第一百一十九章 新皇APAD: There's nothing new under the sun2023年9月21日历史上的今天Light and Shadow水平不高文凭高,官宣落马的干部半数是党校研究生从农村出来的人民网评论员,自己怎么不回农村?Light and Shadow吃瓜:婚姻存续期内以“第三者”身份长期通奸,亚利桑那州立大学华人员工Ying Sun“禁止骚扰案”败诉看电视连续剧《白色城堡》Light and ShadowLight and Shadow英语句子什么时候用to do something,什么时候用doing something?Worshiping the Sun上海浦东丽思卡尔顿酒店体验 (The Ritz-Carlton Shanghai Pudong)Shanghai Mayor Vows Further Support for Foreign BusinessesLight and ShadowLight and shadow“回流生”事件搞大了,“高考公平”无解?Light and Shadow别了,温哥华Light and Shadow《Hot Sun, Burn Me into Ashes Please》《烈日,请把我烧成灰烬》玻璃缸里的孙凤 (23)Light and ShadowThe Bookstore Giving Shanghai’s Women a Room of Their OwnErklärung zur Zusammenarbeit
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。