Redian新闻
>
Go fast, go far? Fun facts behind APAD

Go fast, go far? Fun facts behind APAD

移花接木
楼主 (文学城)

APAD is a spontaneous proverbial game started on Mar. the 1st 2023, not a single day has been skipped until today, and it is still going.  APAD is the abbreviation of A Proverb A Day coined by 7Grizzly.   The rule of the game is simple: one and only one proverb in one day for all the players.  

I found it not only educational but also very entertaining, something to put ones's nature and stamina into test. 

Recapping the game rule: All regular players are in the queue taking turns to post a proverb. The one who posts must be at the fisrt place of the queue then automatically attach to the rear until the next time being pushed to the top again. So it is a loop.  

FMEA(failure mode and effects analysis)

APAD remains open to anyone and any type players. Beside the  regular players there are random players. If a random player jumped into the loop before the regular player of the day or after the player of the day.  How can we still maintain one and only one proverb? 7Grizzly had set an example in this case.    If the queue could get really long how every regular player always remember his position of the queue.  Technically, the day could be skipped. 

Humans are the creatures filled with contradictions.  We say "many hands make light work" on one hand. Since the first day of APAD the maximum number of regular players we ever had was 3, now down to 2. The longer it goes the harder to find a striking proverb to me.  On the other hand, too many players could easily mess up the rule, e.g. more than one proverbs in a day or some days got by passed, etc. The proverb "too many cooks spoil the broth" describes this situation. How many is too many? No clue. We have not got that point.  I'd really like to see what is the maximum size of a self-regulatory team we natural persons can run. 

The proverb says "If you want to go fast, go alone", that is how APAD got started, when inspiration hits without any overthinking, boom, boom, just go! 

However the next part of the proverb says: "if you want to go far, go together".

I, personally, has been longing for more playmates to join APAD, certainly "a burden shared is a burden halved";  

How far can APAD go? It can go wrong either way. No player,  the game ceases to exist. Too many players, things get out of control. 

I believed "all good things must come to an end" , how about screw it up together?  

When the day did come there would be nothing at all to regret about. 

"It is better to have loved and lost, than to never have loved at all"   

I thinks it fun to test and challenge human nature.  

7grizzly
2 楼
Easy does it. “No obligations, no pressure…”
7grizzly
3 楼
I’m quoting you in the original post.
7grizzly
4 楼
Feel free to take a break if it feels a chore.
移花接木
5 楼
not yet , haha, having fun of it
7grizzly
6 楼
“Have fun” is all I ask myself:)
盈盈一笑间
7 楼
APAD is educational and entertaining.Thank you both for
盈盈一笑间
8 楼
sticking around.
方外居士
9 楼
APAD is such a great educational activity! I enjoyed it!
盈盈一笑间
10 楼
Same here
盈盈一笑间
11 楼
============花董下个月不在这里。请对APAD有兴趣的同学,报名参加这个很好的活动==============
妖妖灵
12 楼
本学渣佩服你们两个学霸五体投地:)
7grizzly
13 楼
Thank you guys for the kind words. Take it easy :-)
移花接木
14 楼
I am just another学渣 of more stubbornness
盈盈一笑间
15 楼
+1
相关阅读
同事分享的芝麻记录“王侯将相,宁有种乎?”的换言之:进了澡堂,都一样。——— 翻读清徐文靖《管城硕记》Fast Car房东应该介绍给房客学习的,怎么样最少损耗厨房橱柜和少油烟的做饭方法,(还能好吃又营养)如祺出行、飞天兆业,拟香港/美国上市,备案补充材料要求(2023年10月7日—2023年10月12日)average salary笑谈邂逅(32)在广州会见美国RIDER大学校长2023年中概股在美38家,IPO募资和再融资均实现大幅度增长(截至2023年10月11日)中国医药界腐败的来龙去脉尘封三十余年的精美大片!八十年代千里单骑走西域《海天》&《怀念青春》2023年10月23日医疗晨报哀国之诗移民生活(22)一个家庭悲剧的酿成Erklärung zur Zusammenarbeit【固定收益】REITs深度观察 | 公募REITs反向吸并完成情况良好——公募REITs2023年10月报“The left hates Asians,” Elon Musk 关于这个加州Google娃的评论《长安三万里》原创 -叉总生快叉总生日快乐!《让一切随风》by发飙人工呼吸银杏 Ginkgo Biloba笑坛传奇之三十七:我椅见你就笑周末灌水 生子当如小马哥chì rè?zhì rè?千词万字“返场赛”来了!看看最近招租遇到的都是什么人来看房…2023年10月13日(周五)冯站长之家三分钟晚间新闻男子扰乱周杰伦演唱会被行拘【冯站长说安全】2023年10月13日对加沙200万人断水苏珊米勒每日运势2023年10月23日回国探亲访友点滴谈之九:台湾印象张爱玲的母亲....《采红菱》by 风渡, 叉总生快!第九章 政府公权力的组织运作 (4)《“多重事实”的迷思》(One event / incident, multiple facts?)理科生抢文科生饭碗,自己的中马对别人的上马?从《围城》想到野鸡大学吹尽黄沙不见金(七十八):重责转载:App Store 的 AI 相机应用程序来了5135 血壮山河之武汉会战 信罗战役 82023年10月23日历史上的今天
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。