楼主 (文学城)

For close-up photography, some equipments are needed

A. Macro (Nikon calls Micro) lenses:

1. Canon MP-E 65 mm f/2.8, 1-5x

2. Canon 60 mm f/2.8 1x, internal focus

3. Tamron 90 mm f/2.8 for Nikon, 1x

4. Quantaray 60 mm f/2.8 for Nikon, 1x

5. Tamron 60 mm f/2.0 for Nikon 1x internal focus

A macro lens is a special lens, you could take a regular picture as well as a close-up picture with it. Life sized object's image can be taken into your picture. Most macro lens can get 1x size of your object. Some special macro lens can take a picture of 5x (number 1 in the picture above). It is said all macro lenses are excellent.

Old model of macro lens, when focusing, the lens barrel will extrude outwards. This model is called external focus model, such as number 1, 3 and 4 in the picture above.

Newer model of macro lens, when focusing,  the lens barrel will not extrude outwards. So it is called internal focus model, such as number 2 and 5 in the picture above.

B. Ring flash:

Number 6 In the picture above, Nikon SB-21, which can be used in any DSLR camera. You have to set your aperture and exposure speed manually. There is a chart on SB-21, you set ISO, lens mm, magnification, the chart will give you an aperture (I assume the speed is a fixed speed (1/250 s, though I did not read the manual, but I think this speed is a standard). You could turn off left side or right side of the flash. There is also a diffusion cover on the flash, so you won't get your flash too harsh. There is also a small pilot light to assist on your focus. You could probally get it from ebay for around $60.

Number 7 in the picture above, Nikon R1-C1. You don't need to set your aperture and speed yourself for the flash.

C. Alternatively if you don't have a macro lens, you could use a regular lens, with a bellow to take a close-up picture (very similar to macro lens' extrusion of lens barrel) instead:

Number 8 on the picture above, for Nikon. Just mount the bellow in between your lens and your camera body.

D. Extension tube:

You could also use an extension tube and a regular lens to take a close-up picture. The externsion tube does the same thing as a bellow,  so just mount the tube in between your lens and your camera body. There are different sizes by its length, you could use one, two or three of them together.

D. You could also use a macro conversion lens to take a close-up picture with your normal lens:

You need to mount the conversion lens in front of your lens with the exact thread of your lens filter diameter, 52 mm for example. This is the worst method to do close-up, since the macro conversion lens is usually cheap and in poor quality.

E. Reverse mount adapter ring:

You need to moun this ring first on your camera, then mount your lens front on this adapter ring.

If you don't have this adapter ring, you could tape your lens front to your camera body. 位酷哥 has a nice picture of an ant with the tape mount.

F. Sometimes you might need a focus rail, when you use your tripod:

I have one, but I could locate it since I have never used it even once.

G. Tripod or monopod, if long exposure is needed. If you use a tripod, a horizontal bar might be useful.

Some close-up pictures

A bee (chopped):

A green lacewing:

Poppy before flowering(?):

Cactus flower:

Butterfly wing:

Our rabbit, Carly, escaped later unfortunately:

盈盈一笑间
2 楼
技术大咖!好英文好技术。致敬!
Oona
3 楼
拍的真好!摄影是技术活儿。
老林子里的夏天
4 楼
Wow, where are my glasses?
CBA7
5 楼
Nice pictures! Thanks for sharing.
xia23
6 楼
谢谢。有待改进。
xia23
7 楼
谢谢。不很好。
xia23
8 楼
谢谢。小学水平。
xia23
9 楼
Don't even bother looking, I'm fully clothed!
waterfowl
10 楼
厉害!好齐全的器材。老鸭拎着手机打酱油去。。。
7grizzly
11 楼
The rabbit ventured into freedom :-)
老林子里的夏天
12 楼
Haha, I'm not interested in nudity,
老林子里的夏天
13 楼
I'm looking for glasses of wine
天边一片白云
14 楼
学习了。谢谢科普。
相关阅读
灌酒迷奸计中计2(小小说)开心周报(十三)Free Verse vs. Prose Poem (自由诗和散文诗的区别)They were close, and they’ve passed (1. Betty)小花猫,装模作样纤纤弱女一夜霸屏外孙女杠杠的要回了自己的空手训练棒,外孙一句话暖了妈妈焦虑的心,等等2023年10月31日财经新闻(综合版)随便翻了一个湾区东湾的房子供楼下BBL123 参考第一个半马留给了东京【自由的心】(自由体诗)女子健身拉断石栏杆,官方否认石栏杆有质量问题【冯站长说安全】2023年10月31日2023年10月31日价格早报名人的家庭和后代:读名人传记有感巴黎凯旋门在机场乾坤挪移推高“一片云”-金盆洗手的论语(小说)(8)Bill Gates didn\'t lose his enthusiasm on new innovations even a一幅梵高, 好的解说请问落版主,布版主和有Triathlon经验的【2023万圣节蒙面快闪】《城里的月光》by 城里的乡下人China Sets Up Bureau to Support Private Sector【2023万圣节蒙面快闪】《是否》by 苏东坡 / 苏小妹2023年10月31日医疗晨报如祺出行、飞天兆业,拟香港/美国上市,备案补充材料要求(2023年10月7日—2023年10月12日)意大利馆尽职调查功亏一篑,世博展馆审时度势如期开幕-金盆洗手的论语(小说)(7)2023年10月31日历史上的今天下面入学率排名里的三所大学Comparison of moon pictures taken with and without a tripod以军已切入到加沙中部要道《梅花红桃》就这样结束了2023年10月31日(周二)冯站长之家三分钟晚间新闻【谁是大模王】老人与海小白女在网上哭诉读书欠下8万学贷,还找不到正经工作,只找到一个卷寿司的活台湾蘋果丝瓜【走进没有人的世界】2023年10月31日物联网新闻We were close, but they've passed (2. Lao Xu)退休后去日本养老!【冯站长之家】2023年10月31日(周二)三分钟新闻早餐【2023万圣节蒙面快闪】《兰花花》by 花玉刚
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。