Redian新闻
>
A Long Stretch of Gloomy Days

godog
楼主 (文学城)

The clouds are flying in the wilderness.

The cold wind is accompanying them.

They step high here and low there

to explore my small city.

The wild geese are breaking through the clouds.

The rain has no intension to end.

My dreams have left through the window

where the daylight is trying to brighten.

Only then did I lean on the northern fence

to see the sky, wishing a better day,

but the violin started to dance

and sing more songs of the rain.

Out of a long journey, do a few more

cloudy or sunny days really matter?

Time has nothing to say.

Water has no mercy.

【七律】久阴不晴

云飞旷野冷风生,云脚高低探小城。

破霭雁来霖未霁,穿窗梦醒日犹明。

才依北槛见天色,又舞提琴闻雨声

数日阴晴何足道,时光不语水无情。

移花接木
2 楼
我感觉入冬以来,最多有1/5的天是晴天
方外居士
3 楼
再读再赞!
godog
4 楼
If you live in the Pacific Northwest, that would be common.
godog
5 楼
Thank you for reading again and for encouraging again!
天边一片白云
6 楼
赞。每天第一件事 to see the sky, wishing a better day
妖妖灵
7 楼
Godog诗人下次要不要先写成英文诗,再去翻译成七绝?先写七绝再翻译成英文诗限制了英文诗的押韵~
甜虫虫
8 楼
I like the English version. It's easy to understand :)
甜虫虫
9 楼
Out of a long journey, do a few more cloudy or sunny days

really matter?

Time has nothing to say.

Water has no mercy.

Like this stanza!

盈盈一笑间
10 楼
I like the English version. It's easy to understand :) 甜虫虫
盈盈一笑间
11 楼
数日阴晴何足道,时光不语水无情。尾联意犹未尽。写得好看!
盈盈一笑间
12 楼
现在可能就是如此吧。面对同一幅画面,英文诗写一首,中文诗七绝写一首,表达的是同一种诗情画意。:)
妖妖灵
13 楼
诗人怎么不在意英文诗的押韵呢?也许受了中文七绝的限制。如果换成英文思维会好很多。当然若诗人不在乎英文诗押韵,当我没说~

如果这里的英文是单纯的翻译,那另当别论

盈盈一笑间
14 楼
新诗不一定需要押韵的吧?:)
妖妖灵
15 楼
哈哈哈哈哈,我已经说了啊,如果诗人不讲究英文诗的押韵,当我没说啊:)))
妖妖灵
16 楼
诗人如此注重七绝押韵,不注重英文诗的押韵有点可惜,这是我以前转的,仅供参考。如果是英文新诗不想押韵,就不用跟帖了:)

全部论坛列表   为了配合E诗配画活动,刚找到的关于英文诗的押韵的文章,现趸现卖:    来源: 妖妖灵 于 2022-10-07 18:05:30  [档案] [博客] [转至博客] [旧帖] [给我悄悄话] 本文已被阅读:264 次 (49970 bytes)  字体:调大/重置/调小 | 加入书签 | 打印 | 所有跟帖 | 加跟贴 |  当前最热讨论主题 | 编辑 | 删除 本文内容已被 [ 妖妖灵 ] 在 2022-10-07 18:11:46 编辑过。如有问题,请报告版主或论坛管理删除.  What Is a Rhymed Poem?

A rhymed poem is a work of poetry that contains rhyming vowel sounds at particular moments. (Common vowel sounds are also known as “assonance”—not to be confused with “consonance” which refers to common consonant sounds.) There are many varieties of rhyming poetry within the English language, from sonnets to limericks to nursery rhymes.

Not all poetry rhymes, however. Blank verse, for instance, is a poetic form that features rhythmic rules (such as iambic pentameter) but no rhymes. Free verse makes no requirements for meter or rhyme.

划重点:

What Are the Different Types of Rhyming Poems? 

Rhyming poetry takes many forms. Some of these include:

1. Perfect rhyme. A rhyme where both words share the exact assonance and number of syllables. Also known as an exact rhyme, a full rhyme, or a true rhyme.  2. Slant rhyme. A rhyme formed by words with similar, but not identical, assonance and/or the number of syllables. Also known as a half rhyme, an imperfect rhyme or a near rhyme.  3. Eye rhyme. Two words that look similar on a page, but do not actually rhyme in spoken pronunciation. (Examples include “move” and “love,” or “hour” and “pour.”)  4. Masculine rhyme. A rhyme between the final stressed syllables of two lines.  5. Feminine rhyme. A multi-syllable rhyme where both stressed and unstressed syllables rhyme with their respective counterparts. For instance, the words “crazy” and “lazy” form feminine rhymes. The syllables “cra” and “la” are stressed rhymes, and “zy” and “zy” are unstressed rhymes.  6. End rhymes. These are rhymes that occur between the final words on two particular lines of poetry. End rhymes can be either masculine (for instance “below” and “furlough”) or feminine (for instance “actual” and “factual”).  What Are the Different Types of Rhyme Schemes Used in Poetry?

There are endless numbers of rhyme schemes that may manifest in a poem, but some of the most popular ones include:

1. ABAB  2. ABCB  3. AABBA  4. AABB  The ABAB Rhyme Scheme in Poetry

ABAB rhyme schemes are exemplified by Shakespearean sonnets. These poems feature the following elements:

1. They are fourteen lines long  2. The fourteen lines are divided into four subgroups  3. The first three subgroups have four lines each, which makes them “quatrains,” with the first and third line, and second line and fourth line of each group containing rhyming words—the is the ABAB rhyme scheme  4. Because each quatrain contains its unique set of rhymes, the rhyme scheme of a Shakespearean sonnet’s first twelve lines is technically ABAB CDCD EFEF  5. The sonnet then concludes with a two-line subgroup, and these two lines rhyme with each other  6. There are typically ten syllables per line, which are phrased in iambic pentameter 

The ABAB rhyme scheme of these poems can be observed in the first quatrain of Shakespeare’s “Sonnet 14”:

Not from the stars do I my judgment pluck;—A
And yet methinks I have astronomy,—B
But not to tell of good or evil luck,—A
Of plagues, of dearths, or seasons' quality;—B

A variation on the ABAB rhyme scheme is the ABCB rhyme scheme, where the second line rhymes with the fourth line, but the first and third lines do not have to rhyme.

The AABBA Rhyme Scheme in Poetry

A limerick exemplifies the AABBA rhyme scheme. All traditional limericks:

1. Consist of a single stanza  2. Consist of exactly five lines  3. Employ one rhyme on the first, second, and fifth lines  4. Employ a second rhyme on the third and fourth lines 

Edward Lear wrote many iconic limericks. Among the most famous of these is the opening poem from A Book of Nonsense, his seminal collection first published in 1846:

There was an Old Man with a beard,—A
Who said, 'It is just as I feared!—A
Two Owls and a Hen,—B
Four Larks and a Wren,—B
Have all built their nests in my beard!'—A

The AABB Rhyme Scheme in Poetry

The AABB rhyme scheme features a series of rhyming couplets, where successive lines rhyme before giving way to another pair of rhyming lines. The early American poet Anne Bradstreet was a committed practitioner of this form. The opening lines of her 1678 poem “To My Dear and Loving Husband” read:

If ever two were one, then surely we.—A
If ever man were loved by wife, then thee;—A
If ever wife was happy in a man,—B
Compare with me ye women if you can.—B

2 Examples of Rhyming Poems

From Shakespearean sonnets to children’s nursery rhymes to popular music, poetry has existed hand-in-hand with rhyming for much of human history. 

A standout English language practitioner of rhyming poetry is Robert Louis Stevenson. A Scotsman who also wrote novels and short stories, Stevenson used rhymed poems to great effect, as in 1887’s “Requiem”:

Under the wide and starry sky, Dig the grave and let me lie. Glad did I live and gladly die, And I laid me down with a will.

This be the verse you grave for me: Here he lies where he longed to be; Home is the sailor, home from sea, And the hunter home from the hill.

Poets who know how to execute a well-crafted rhyme are all the more likely to see their work endure for generations. For example, the lyrics of popular songs are populated by rhymes. Consider the lyrics to Justin Timberlake’s 2002 hit “Cry Me A River,” produced by Timbaland:

You told me you love me Why did you leave me all alone Now you tell me you need me When you call me on the phone Girl, I refuse You must have me confused with some other guy The bridges were burned Now it's your turn, to cry

Learn more about reading and writing poetry with US Poet Laureate Billy Collins here.

ZT:https://www.masterclass.com/articles/poetry-101-what-is-a-rhyme-scheme-learn-about-rhymed-poems-with-examples

盈盈一笑间
17 楼
谢谢分享!七绝是格律诗,需要遵守严格的韵脚规定。中文新诗需要有节奏感,可以有韵脚,但没有绝对要求,我自己写过,比较清楚。
盈盈一笑间
18 楼
英文诗的韵律是不是也类似?不一定严格要求韵脚,也可以通过其他方式比如重读音节,非重读音节的交替来实现抑扬顿挫的音乐美呢?
盈盈一笑间
19 楼
Just my two cents. 欢迎坛里写英文诗的同学们多指教。期待讨论。:)
暖冬cool夏
20 楼
数日阴晴何足道,时光不语水无情!好诗好句!狄金森的诗也不太讲究押韵的,我一开始都读不懂狄诗(现在还读不懂):))
godog
21 楼
Wish you a better day everyday
godog
22 楼
押韵的和不押韵的我都写过,不押韵的居多。现代英语诗人基本都使用自由体,free verse, 不讲究押韵了,更注重诗意,

更趋向于用自然语言写作,比如本版讨论过的最近一位获诺奖的英语诗人Louise Gluck, 一辈子基本没有写过押韵的诗。这种趋势从二十世纪初就开始了,别的语种我不知道,英诗诗越接近当代就越不讲就押韵。

godog
23 楼
The English version is more like an elaboration of the
godog
24 楼
Chinese version.It spells out Chinese version,thus easier
godog
25 楼
谢谢盈盈来读留评
godog
26 楼
谢谢分享。见我上面的答复,英文新诗大多使用free verse, 不再讲究押韵
godog
27 楼
传统英文格律诗是有严格要求的,现当代的英语诗人基本不再那么写的,有些诗人甚至可能觉得那太老式过时了
godog
28 楼
谢谢指正,怎么会介意呢。谢谢认真阅读、鼓励。
godog
29 楼
如盈盈解释的,绝句和律诗有严格平仄和韵脚要求,如不遵循,就不能叫绝句或律诗了。我尝试用这种形式也是希望在旧瓶里装新酒,看

能不能写出新意来。

相关阅读
河南省平顶山煤矿事故已致9人遇难【冯站长说安全】2024年1月13日令地主最头疼的不是房客证监会对4家企业拟香港/美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月5日—2024年1月11日)为什么叫“火腿肠”撸卡人生:行万里路,吃百家饭.红色日记 再添女孩 11.1-30几盆小小的绿色植物新年伊始的糗事证监会对6家企业拟香港/美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月19日—2024年1月25日)龙行龘(dá)龘(dá)!这些三叠字怎么念?2024年1月13日医疗晨报为什么中国近代与科学和民主无缘?室内设计:颜色的选择随记咀外文嚼汉字(293)药草; 香草;“巴吉尔”,“罗勒”码农与医生都属于低离婚率的人群。证监会对4家企业拟香港上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月12日—2024年1月18日)赖德清医生当总统了,他父亲是矿工,33岁就在挖矿时候出事故去世,寡母把他养大,一路学霸,是主治医生。龙行龘(dá)龘(dá)!2024央视春晚宣布→真人奔刚收到的露露 woven stretch wide leg【摄影故事活动】刚到多伦多的胶卷照片,及寻找影友组织经历2024年1月13日历史上的今天《云宫迅音》&《苍天的孩子》龙行龘(dá)龘(dá)!【冯站长之家】2024年1月13日(周六)三分钟新闻早餐快餐式的情欲《编织梦幻的人·埃舍尔篇之一》很久很久没有去唐人街了,昨天去遇到一件事让人不高兴Long time no see写在星期四台湾“蓝白”合谈成了,开创台湾新纪元!周末灌水:关于co(网易) 孙卫东撕开时代创伤, 公派入籍美国视同叛国!朗读练习 Three Days to See (Excerpts) 假如给我三天光明(节选)The Ten Days Encounter of New York City with Qing Dynasty周六吹牛:一分智慧九十九分汗水6049 血壮山河 卢沟桥之变 18APAD: He who sups with the devil should have a long spoon经历百迈APAD:long absent, soon forgotten
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。