>
APAD: "The longest journey begins with a single step"

APAD: "The longest journey begins with a single step"

最西边的岛上
楼主 (文学城)
Meaning (in Chinese):
千里之行,始于足下

Origin (in English):
It's a common saying that originated from a Chinese proverb. The quotation is from Chapter 64 of the Dao De Jing ascribed to Laozi, although it is also erroneously ascribed to his contemporary Confucius. This saying teaches that even the longest and most difficult ventures have a starting point; something which begins with one first step.   Source (in person): Last Thursday after we finished the brunch, we chose a longer and less traveled route walking back to our car (for a good reason: hoping no one would notice my egged pants).  When we passed by Chinatown, Hubby noticed some engraved words on the sidewalk, "Hey, it's a good phrase" he called out to me.  I got closer and took the pictures.  So here they are (see pictures attached). -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   While I have tried but couldn't remember my first step when I started walking, a recent study published in the journal Nature suggested what may be the earliest-known human ancestor, an ape-man called Sahelanthropus tchadensis who lived in Africa roughly 7 million years ago, walked upright for much of the time.  Wow, 7 million years, that is truly a long long journey and we have come a long ................. way!          
7grizzly
2 楼
Wonder about the story behind that engraving and how many in
7grizzly
3 楼
Chinatown live it but don't understand what they see.
移花接木
4 楼
it doesn't agree with the biblical creation timeline, about
移花接木
5 楼
5500BC or 4000BC,
最西边的岛上
6 楼
Not sure about the story behind, but Victoria Chinatown is
最西边的岛上
7 楼
the 2nd oldest after SF, started at gold rush time in 1862
最西边的岛上
8 楼
Now U know why I haven't read the Bible ;-)
最西边的岛上
9 楼
- not peer reviewed ;-)
最西边的岛上
10 楼
我们这里的一段华人历史:

最西边的岛上2024-01-18 21:23:06讲到历史,我们这里(加拿大维多利亚)的中国城比旧金山只晚建10年,是加拿大最早的中国城。这里也一样有过华人被歧视被孤立被欺压被迫害的血泪历史。从1891年开始,当时本地政府开始陆续把得了麻风病的49个华人押送到附近的一个小岛,岛上只有很简陋的木屋没有任何医疗设施也没有基本生活必需品,食用水也很有限,只是3个月送一次供应品,让病人在这个没有人烟无人护理的孤岛上,在15个呼天不应叫地不闻的长长的春夏秋冬里,自生自亡 。。。

觉得个人的力量是很渺小,但我们都有责任用我们的行动(遵纪守法有公德,在华人被歧视欺负时站出来发声等等)让这些事情不会再发生在我们和我们的孩子身上。

7grizzly
11 楼
被歧视被孤立被欺压被迫害 keep the mind sharp. 生于忧患。
7grizzly
12 楼
Good to know. Nobody mentioned Chinatown on my visit there.
天边一片白云
13 楼
I wonder if there is anybody who remember his first step
天边一片白云
14 楼
when he started walking.
最西边的岛上
15 楼
shh. I was hoping someone would stand up and say they do :)
最西边的岛上
16 楼
let me know next time when U come, I can show U then ;-)
7grizzly
17 楼
And I’ll thank you with Roger’s chocolate :-)
最西边的岛上
18 楼
just joking. U are right, 白云,not many 1 year old canRemember
方外居士
19 楼
千里之行始于足下
相关阅读
Counterfeit Canadian toonie case, laughed my head offhé bàng?hé bèng?梦想麻州一流公立学区,富豪名流聚居地,本周豪宅精选--Weston/Newton/Wellesley/Winchester看看这个卅一个月房租$700元什么样?城市也算major city, 这个州听起来穷,但90年认得一对老人The interestingness of AI in the eye of a beholderFloor 完工了台湾赢了!entertaining dialogue from "Monsieur Spade" episode #4请教租客这个可以相信吗?墨西哥新移民,没有SSN,没有bank account,一直强调自己全部现金收入的我在外滩27号的日子「think step by step」还不够,让模型「think more steps」更有用请教一个报税的问题。如果将房子给孩子,是应该使用lifetime gift exemption, 还是使用遗流浪的孙博士2023小总结-养花篇Wells Fargo Autograph Journey 信用卡【3月9日实体店上线,5x 酒店,4x 航空,60k开卡奖励】The Shanghai Temple Offering Noodles for the Soul2023小总结-养花篇 更新The ‘Invisible’ Cleaners Keeping the Cities Spotless人的潜力是可以挖掘的,刚才一次连续完成 150 下 high knees running in placeStable Diffusion 3 API 发布!超越Midjourney v6和DALL-E 3找对象不可能十全十美,一步到位。肯定要有priority,也要有所妥协。人品肯定是要放在第一位的,颜值也要1991年俄罗斯、乌克兰等前苏联各加盟共和国签署《阿拉木图宣言》:互相承认并尊重领土完整及现有边界的不可侵犯七七,七八级一个是凭自己的智力,一个是家庭环境。环境不一定是父母的教育程度,有时受教育程度高的近亲,也能起APAD:Never say mean words out of anger. Happy Easter!古人说”一叶知秋“,看看美国还是曾经的美国吗?网红教非法移民学“如何免费霸占房屋”、非法移民边境冲破铁丝网Where is the damn bridge!!! ——Redding marathon 赛记大盘 Schiller PE 33.37。意思是您开个店,天天开门做生意,需要33年才把本钱赚回来。还开吗?一个简单事实就可以否定,中国人能吃饱是靠毛时代的水利建设的说法。黄河淮河流域的粮食产区普遍依赖过度抽取地下水Only in Cornell can you get a C with raw score 33/100关于给小费的插一句,在德国,法国,匈牙利的导游司机或开出租车的都是普通人,挣钱养家。不要以为发达国家人有钱Wilmington晚景【花样女神节】《Where Wild Rose Grow 野玫瑰》 by AP+, Bonus:3/8 历史邮局冤案Costco Organic Sprouted Rolled Oats 和 Whole Foods 比较,長島の雨--日语,歌词在墙外的侨胞们,千万不要到墙内去开自己的手机银行账户,除非墙内有亲友可以帮你保管相联的手机并经常操作账号。China’s Colleges Are Locked in a Heated Debate … About Curtains打败 Midjourney,这个 Google 大牛推出的 AI 产品凭什么弯道超车Inspired by Winter: A Spinach
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。