Redian新闻
>
entertaining dialogue from "Monsieur Spade" episode #4

entertaining dialogue from "Monsieur Spade" episode #4

最西边的岛上
楼主 (文学城)

Backgroud: Mr Spade is an American detective living in a french village.  One night, two men broke in and tried to kidnap a girl in his house and one man almost killed Spade.  But Spade captured the man and below is the dialogue between them, but mostly by him (with the red colour for the other man)

========

Another time, another place, a man tried to kill me, I would shot him or throw him out of a window, and forgotten he ever existed. But I'm older now and mostly wiser.

Do you have a name?
[no answer]

Didn't think so.

Are you a Dean Martin fan?
[no answer]

I figure that you've been well-trained and won't be easily persuaded to talk, but I'm gonna ask you some questions anyways. Easy questions. And every time you don't answer or say, "Je sais pas" (= I don't know), I'm gonna kick you in the head. You know? Like the song? And then answer the question myself.  Sound good?
[no answer, blow lands, man grunts]

Off we go.
So I don't have to be J. Edgar Hoover to guess that you're army intelligence and that your employers at SDECE, -- Did I pronounce that right?
[blow lands]

Oui, c'est bien ca (= yes, that's good). That's always been a hard one for me.
Where was I? Oh, yeah, SDECE, army intelligence, the outfit that you work for, who I'm assuming, like everyone else in the known universe, is angry with Philippe Sanit-Andre for stealing something, or, in this case, someone he was odered to protect. 
[man avoids being beaten]

No, that wasn't a question. But Sergeant Sanit-Andre does work for SDEGE, doesn't he?
[blow lands,man grunts]

That was a question, and the answer is ... Yes, Mr Spade, he does. But he went rogue. 
So did you and your pal drop by tonight to see if the girl could tell you where the kid is? 
[blow lands,man grunts]

Yes, you did. Because the original likely plan was that Sergeant Saint-Andre was to deliver tha kid to the big boys in Paris. 
[blow lands]

Yes, that was the plan. I'm on a hot streak, but now for the million-franc question. What is so important about this little kid that everyone is willing to muder nuns or kidnap young girls in order to get their hands on him?

Man: I don't know Orders were come and search, and if the boy wasn't there, to take the girl. 

But you came dressed for war, all gunned up like you thought you might get into a firefight. 

Man: you have a reputation.

I'm flattered, but ... 

[blow lands]
Man: Please, stop doing that.

I will if you stop talking bullshit. You thought Philippe might be here. 

Man: for good reason. Do you know what Saint-Andre did in Algeria?

He was with a sniper unit. 

Man: A secret spy unit. Sanit-Andre hunted down members of Organisation Armee Secrete. Yes. And assassinated them. He had over 30 kills.

Still, that tells me nothing as to why everyone, from the Vatican, to Frence intelligence, to the CIA, is after this kid.

Man: All I know is what I have heard whispered. 

Okay, then whisper it to me.
[head moves closer to the man]

Man: That the boy is the hub of many-spoked wheel.

That sounds like something you'd read in a fortune cookie.

Man: It's all I've heard. I swear on my mother's life.

妖妖灵
2 楼
Ur English writing is very fluent!“That sounds like
妖妖灵
3 楼
something you'd read in a fortune cookie.” 哈哈~
7grizzly
4 楼
Hoover's quite alive in public imagination. Thanks4Sharing.
最西边的岛上
5 楼
thx. but I didn't write it, just copied the words down. ;-)
最西边的岛上
6 楼
funny and witty, isn't it? ;-)
最西边的岛上
7 楼
u r welcome. a bit of controversial figure, wasn't he?
7grizzly
8 楼
and therefore appealing. Sure. It's a show, after all :-)
盈盈一笑间
9 楼
Thank you for sharing! 先点赞,有空仔细看。:))
最西边的岛上
10 楼
take Ur time. Sorry it's a bit long, but worth reading.
最西边的岛上
11 楼
I meant Hoover, sorry for not being clear ;-)
盈盈一笑间
12 楼
worth reading +100086! :))
相关阅读
《美人如玉》&《但求疼》2024年2月6日历史上的今天苏珊米勒每日运势2024年2月6日大盘 Schiller PE 33.37。意思是您开个店,天天开门做生意,需要33年才把本钱赚回来。还开吗?In Northeast China, Tourists From the South Spark a Winter Boom请教一个报税的问题。如果将房子给孩子,是应该使用lifetime gift exemption, 还是使用遗参演《胡桃夹子》遭遇乌龙事件APAD: "The longest journey begins with a single step"【JetBlue收购Spirit被判违反反垄断法】Frontier Airlines和Spirit Airlines宣布将合并!人的潜力是可以挖掘的,刚才一次连续完成 150 下 high knees running in place鄭伊健 - 甘心替代你看看这个卅一个月房租$700元什么样?城市也算major city, 这个州听起来穷,但90年认得一对老人【唱坛好声音】《炎》by MonicaZither一个简单事实就可以否定,中国人能吃饱是靠毛时代的水利建设的说法。黄河淮河流域的粮食产区普遍依赖过度抽取地下水Counterfeit Canadian toonie case, laughed my head off请教租客这个可以相信吗?墨西哥新移民,没有SSN,没有bank account,一直强调自己全部现金收入的复旦的CUSPEA学子流浪街头十几年虽然是极端,但是很多CUSPEA出来的最后表现平平也的确跌破很多人的眼睛‘Blossoms Shanghai’: Wong Kar-wai’s Love Letter to His Hometown个人感慨之七十五 钱和权七七,七八级一个是凭自己的智力,一个是家庭环境。环境不一定是父母的教育程度,有时受教育程度高的近亲,也能起84、长篇民国小说《永泰里》第十七章 豆蔻年华(2)在墙外的侨胞们,千万不要到墙内去开自己的手机银行账户,除非墙内有亲友可以帮你保管相联的手机并经常操作账号。找对象不可能十全十美,一步到位。肯定要有priority,也要有所妥协。人品肯定是要放在第一位的,颜值也要上班时间拿工资年份只有某人的1/3年份,后面就全家都退休了。资产是某人的至 少2倍,而且大部分是税后资产,Providing Long-Term Care for Shanghai’s Most Vulnerable ResidentInspired by Winter: A Spinach6065 血壮山河之随枣会战 第三章 19【花样女神节】《Where Wild Rose Grow 野玫瑰》 by AP+, Bonus:3/8 历史2024年2月6日医疗晨报【冯站长之家】2024年2月6日(周二)三分钟新闻早餐证监会对1家企业拟美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月26日—2024年2月1日)用什么表真心?牧笛吹响降级的笛声,大A股是涨是跌?China Looks forward to Jointly Creating Shining “South Moment”个人感慨之七十六 躲猫猫1991年俄罗斯、乌克兰等前苏联各加盟共和国签署《阿拉木图宣言》:互相承认并尊重领土完整及现有边界的不可侵犯【美坛综艺秀假日篇】old wine in a new bottle 【The Balloon Man】关于给小费的插一句,在德国,法国,匈牙利的导游司机或开出租车的都是普通人,挣钱养家。不要以为发达国家人有钱Floor 完工了再看芙蓉镇
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。