Redian新闻
>
APAD: "If music be the food of love, play on"

APAD: "If music be the food of love, play on"

最西边的岛上
楼主 (文学城)

Source: William Shakespeare

"In his play Twelfth Night, Shakespeare wrote the line "if music be the food of love, play on" as a metaphor for the power of music to nourish and sustain romantic feelings. This statement is spoken by the character Duke Orsino, who is hopelessly in love with the Countess Olivia. He expresses his desire for music to continue playing, as it helps to keep his love for Olivia alive.

This line also suggests that music has the ability to intensify and amplify emotions, particularly those of love. It highlights the idea that music has a profound effect on the human heart and can evoke strong feelings and desires. Shakespeare's use of this metaphor highlights the importance of music in the realm of love and its ability to bring people together."

- Parker Parker (https://www.quora.com/profile/Parker-Parker-201)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------  

This reminded me of a "food of love" music event.  It was on Nov 30, 2010, we attended a beautiful and moving tour concert by Leonard Cohen, one of our favourite musicians. The next day, I wrote to an old friend in Ottawa who was an arts freelance journalist: "It was a packed and very very enjoyable three and half hours.  Although Cohen often joked that he made a better living after adding music to his poems, it really felt like a magical moment when he recited one of his poems before singing.  Once a poet, always a poet, especially with his golden voice - tres bon!"

So, my friends, I added here the song "Suzanne" from Leonard Cohen (with two moving comments below it) for you as the food of love to play on.  Wish you all a happy and relaxed weekend!

"In the early 60', I was in school in Charleston and met a German sailor. He took me to a music store and bought me this Album. 50 years later, we still write letters to each other. When I listen to this, I am 20 again." - @susandurell9986   "I remember watching a documentary about a homeless man from Montreal who knew Leonard Cohen. This man ended up in Vancouver, and ultimately in a mental hospital. He needed cash for cigarettes or something, and told the nurses "please call my friend Leonard Cohen and ask him to send me some money". The nurses probably thought he was lying, but they called anyway. Leonard sent this guy some money! Not only was he (cohen) a millionaire songwriter, but he had a huge heart, befriending someone who most of us wouldn't give a minute to. Thank you Leonard Cohen. You were a beautiful soul." - @zeusvalentine        
暖冬cool夏
2 楼
Music can heal one's soul and body:) Thxs 4 sharing!
妖妖灵
3 楼
Music is something once you love, you can never leave
妖妖灵
4 楼
Music is light~
7grizzly
5 楼
After some stupendous music-spiced love, Hallelujah? :-)
7grizzly
6 楼
where "even though it all went wrong ..." :-)
移花接木
7 楼
all good things must come2 end, curtain calls after play
移花接木
8 楼
我在内蒙杭盖乐队的视频下发现这么一句有趣的点评:After the Mongolians stop conquering
移花接木
9 楼
their neighbours, they laid down weapons&picked up music
移花接木
10 楼
instruments.
7grizzly
11 楼
What are some of the music they've made?
7grizzly
12 楼
You mean all my waiting is wasted at the end? :-)))
7grizzly
13 楼
I thought all good things come to those who wait :-(((
移花接木
14 楼
They r rock'n'roll,search for, 初升的太阳,轮回,
移花接木
15 楼
Nothing wrong with those, like play curtain calls, 人生也无不散的宴席
移花接木
16 楼
God's salvation is a hope for eternal
7grizzly
17 楼
Okay. Thank you. I heard them.
移花接木
18 楼
Love is heavy
最西边的岛上
19 楼
Glad you like it 暖冬. I liked your singing in 夏府春晚!
最西边的岛上
20 楼
For sure. 遵命你的“写写写”:
最西边的岛上
21 楼
Music is light, brighten our spirits
最西边的岛上
22 楼
Music is rain, nourishing our souls
最西边的岛上
23 楼
Music is medicine, healing our sorrows
最西边的岛上
24 楼
Music is love, warming (or burning ;-) our hearts
最西边的岛上
25 楼
Among all the versions of Hallelujah, I like kd Lang's the
最西边的岛上
26 楼
most, so powerful and moving that always brings my tears out
最西边的岛上
27 楼
looks like your two brothers had a good chat :-)))
妖妖灵
28 楼
OMG!Genius!Poetess!
妖妖灵
29 楼
Let me hug music and love,it wud be just right
7grizzly
30 楼
I like my own version, tho it scares some :-)))
最西边的岛上
31 楼
That's what led 2 their fall 126 years later? ;-)
最西边的岛上
32 楼
我是在2015年中国好声音里第一次看/听到“杭盖”的。也很喜欢他们和刘欢合唱的“轮回”.
最西边的岛上
33 楼
- just went&read a bit history in "National Geographic" ;-)
最西边的岛上
34 楼
want to share? ;-)
最西边的岛上
35 楼
was “杭盖” in Toronto last month?
7grizzly
36 楼
Last time I shared, the kid begged I shut up :-)
暖冬cool夏
37 楼
Thank you for your compliment!
天边一片白云
38 楼
thank you for introducing Leonard Cohen。 上网读了一下关于他,很有才气,成就很大
天边一片白云
39 楼
I live his songs and their lyrics
最西边的岛上
40 楼
U r welcome 白云。是啊,Cohen是诗人出身,唱的歌词和曲都是自己原创,很有独立思想非常有才气很受尊敬。
最西边的岛上
41 楼
觉得“诗人歌者”李健和他有一些类似,但Cohen的关注面要更广更深一点儿,大概也是环境的限制和约束吧。
相关阅读
向 Jasmin Paris 致敬! 今天的99秒将载入史册。。。。(明天俺去搞个大的,爬两座山!)AI护理来了?“工资”每小时9刀(链接)再回首 (二十六)The Chinese ‘Auntie’ Who Hit the Road — and Never Looked Back紫檀落伍啦,什么名校,T5,T20,原来秘密在这,哈哈From Stress to Serenity: CBD compound found in the marijuana pla渔歌子3首:凝神一刻面拂风倦侣19:Nothing is true,everything is permitted. 边界三部曲全书终美股基本面 - 2024_01_23 * 晚报 * 收盘:美股涨跌不一 标普指数再创新高。黄金期货《哭砂》by 罗老罗UIUC ,Georgia Tech, Umich ann arbor 计算机专业,学校选择建议也说说Squatter's Rights,所谓的'非法移民合法占领美国’为“自由卡车运动”平反而作Looking Good: China’s Cosmetics Appeal to Overseas Marketshé bàng?hé bèng?Woolworths 3月20日-3月26日打折,梦龙半价,洗碗块4折我的健康厨房,水和健康及我的几款健康营养饮品1.23.24 雪天居家仿车骑灵异事件【怀念巨星】抢跑,《唐诗新唱》王之涣《凉州词》及《登鹳雀楼》长篇奇幻浪漫小说《双灵星》第十六章:戏中面对面 (一)绿色金融 | 2024政府工作报告:大力发展绿色低碳经济——绿色金融月报(2024年3月)原创歌曲《回眸中的守望》刚刚,交易所公布最新IPO排队名单(截止到2024年3月25日)​家庭收入350k的能拿到FA吗?#音乐连接你我#美国原住民乐队SIHASIN北京站音乐会,2024年3月25日,周一,20:00How Loveable Losers Took Over China’s Screens【怀念巨星】黎明灿烂抢跑小魏上当了,他和叛徒那段戏演得很好,急死我了,王一博演出了单纯没有经验的神态驱赶了一个房客,然后做翻新疫情沧桑 塘西皇家记忆 (多图)The Shanghai Temple Offering Noodles for the Soul2024年3月29-31日吉利根博士线上带领你《让爱回家》:三代人疗愈——父母&伴侣&孩子不懂就问,SPAXX这种money market fund是有0.42%的费用吗?这个跟CD比有啥优势?成龙很有天分的艺人而艺人往往凭第六感来发言他的这番言论应该不是伪装enigmaticWest: focus on feedback friend perspectives vs. East, d痛,则不通!通,则不痛!红卫兵领袖们的前世今生!六月雪.菖兰小中现在进名校只有一条捷径就是私校早申。公校早申也没啥用,不在人家关注的池子里。私校不早申等于放弃优先权
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。