Redian新闻
>
APAD: Zeal without knowledge is fire without light

APAD: Zeal without knowledge is fire without light

移花接木
楼主 (文学城)

Zeal without knowledge is fire without light

Writers of Kern Blogging Challenge (A-Z) Thomas Fuller said, “Zeal without knowledge is fire without light.” It implies that anyone pursuing something with zeal and enthusiasm, but not with the requisite knowledge, is likely to be unsuccessful. It’s a great thing to be passionate and eager to fight and for something you believe in, but [...]

Zeal without knowledge has wreaked incalculable havoc through history. All we have to do is think of the scores of political movements and would-be saviors who have promised the impossible while relying on the ignorance of the masses as to their true agendas. For all the horror that has resulted on the earthly plane on account of zeal without knowledge, it ultimately pales in comparison to what happens spiritually when zealotry is joined with ignorance. Combine a lack of understanding with spiritual zeal, and you end up with everything from legalism to religious terrorism.

最西边的岛上
2 楼
This got a R4 (highest for Reality) per Lin's philosophy ;-)
最西边的岛上
3 楼
point taken!!!
7grizzly
4 楼
It's amazing I haven't read even one book in that picture:-)
7grizzly
5 楼
And only To Kill A Mocking Bird is on the to-read list.
妖妖灵
6 楼
无知者无畏
移花接木
7 楼
Ignorance is bliss
妖妖灵
8 楼
That is me:)
移花接木
9 楼
what is the difference between zeal and enthusiasm?
移花接木
10 楼
took me good seconds to realize whom Lin is.
移花接木
11 楼
it'd be a real surperise if I'd read one from a big pile

天边一片白云
12 楼
以前我们去野营,我儿子喜欢用石头磨擦起火而点燃篝火。
方外居士
13 楼
该谚语能区分fire 和light, 了不起!
7grizzly
14 楼
Zeal = enthusiasm * 10, according to my estimate:-)
最西边的岛上
15 楼
that, plus my 2cents guess: biblical and non-biblical? ;-)
相关阅读
定投能不能改成股市下跌那天投?免费无门槛!Wetzel’s Pretzels免费送Original Pretzels啦!固定收益 | 【REITs深度观察】估值与基本面的背离——公募REITs2024年5月报※※※※※※【亲情万千】05/12[つぐない] cover 邓丽君疏密与久暂:“朋友” 的内涵与文化环境五绝《暗恋》今天去医院看望一位老友后的两点感想马儿进门两年了,密月期过了,忠诚不?Chicago Fire做老师也很辛苦市区South Loop房源SL15 | 不收中介费/South Loop黄金位置/LEED认证美国文化市集江苏站,2024年5月18日,11:00 – 14:00月光族怎么定投EducationUSA 2024 美国大学展-首站:上海,2024年5月18日(周六)9:00-17:00對宇宙的浩瀚感到敬畏「awe」根據韋氏字典的音標是/???/躺平积累资产且随诗吟:《春天》《云图》by星如雨拾起久远的记忆:电报退休 package 要不要?“坤体字”火了,网友:你他娘的真是个人才大家的HVAC 系统装了UV light 杀菌了吗新大陆16 饭局"You got a lot of fire" 波音飞机引擎失常喷火※※※※【唱响五四】快闪活动合辑※※※※紫檀的家长真好,对儿女的婚姻大事还是上心的,没看到冒泡帖子里的内容(请勿置顶)Discovering Shanghai’s Jiangnan Culture Through Ancient Towns今日全职|BCG招聘Knowledge Analyst,学士/硕士学位均可申请!在天然氧吧里打高尔夫狗引儿【长篇】(四十七)由「擼子」引發的:分享兩幅照片(關東行者)刚刚(北京时间2024年5月1日凌晨),2024年度泰晤士高等教育亚洲大学排名重磅发布Google Flights 现在可以搜到 Southwest 西南航空了!Highlights|路易威登再度推出核心价值广告特辑、FENTY BEAUTY ALLEY 限时快闪体验空间首登上海....二十岁的总和朋友一起,会耽误成家吗?月光不是例外,是常态,是社会的设计和稳定的基石FIRE: 我的三次经历adidas有额外75折, Ultraboost light 史低价$57,还有rivalry 板鞋 $58狗引儿【长篇】(四十六)长篇小说《太门西》连载94:第32章:炫酷登场(1)
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。