Redian新闻
>
A Vanishing Field (w Chinese)

A Vanishing Field (w Chinese)

暖冬cool夏
楼主 (文学城)

每个周日去跳广场舞都会经过一片空地。一年四季,除了春天花开时,我会停下来多看几眼,或停下车站在路边对着茂密的花田拍几张照,其余的三季我大都不会驻足停留。不过匆匆经过时,总会从车窗往外看,顺着这平坦的空地一直望到视野尽头的山峦,不管有没有花,不管山是不是青绿,心中总是有一份舒坦和宁静。我享受它的存在,习惯它的存在,也深知那片空旷在日渐拥挤的城市有多珍贵。

来这里二十多年了。这是我来美国居住的第一个城市也是唯一的一座城市。二十多年里,我见证了它的安宁,它的开阔,  它兼繁华城市和宁静乡村于一体的美丽,也目睹了它的发展,人口的急剧上升,交通的日渐拥挤,农田、果园、草莓地的一一消失,取而代之的一个个新社区新居民楼。。。

今年三月的一个周日,我在右拐时注意到了插在路边的一个牌子“Future Retail Center“, 就知道这块地也将不能幸存了。

今日(6/9)见推土机已经就绪,铁丝网的栏杆上已经用黑布遮住,路边电子屏幕上不停地闪烁着“XX road will be closed from June 12 to October 23“。 这就要破土动工了。

锻炼结束后回家的路上,我路经空旷的田野,停下了车,再折身回来,只为了最后看一眼这片田野。阴郁的六月天空下,我第一次走了进去,双脚踏过早已被割草机铲平如今已经枯萎的荆棘草丛,脑海里再次浮现去年三月盛开在这片土地上的鲁冰花,和今年四月的那一片黄色花海。今年的黄色雏菊花,在鲁冰花缺席的情形下,如此排山倒海,如此倾情奉献,好像知道这将是它们的last show, 好像是在告别这个世界,大有要把芬芳留于世间的架势。

再贴一次这两张照片,纪念即将消失的美丽:

人生就是在告别,一首首离歌有情无情。大自然原本可以四季轮回的,却因着人类贪婪的追求,也一样香消玉殒。

不敢想象,城市化的发展,越来越多的钢筋混凝土建筑,还有若干年后可能充斥大街小巷的机器人。这个世界会变成什么模样?人类的发展有时候是不是在作茧自缚,把自己困在了越来越狭小的空间?

特此记之。

另附今日公园里拍的花:

A vanishing field

Sunday’s group dance gives Em the chance to drive by an open land that adjoins to the park.  Em thought that the land would be preserved for good like the open areas in New York’s Central Park that provides city dwellers an escape of squeezed city life. Not until this March, when a billboard suddenly erected by the corner that says “Future Retail Center”, did Em realize that soon this open field, like many others she’d witnessed in the years, will be gone and replaced by more concrete jungles.

On her way home, Em decided to take a walk on the field, as the road would be blocked from June 12 to October 23 for constructions, a roadside digital billboard blinking on with the message. The sun hadn’t come out, a rare June gloom that lingered after May grey in California this year.  She stepped for the first time on the field that she used to take pictures from afar, of the blooming purple Lupines or yellow daisies that thickly carpeted and stretched to the end of her sight.  But now, hearing the lifeless dried thorny remnants that crushed under her shoes, seeing the bulldozers ready to plow them,  Em felt her farewell as blue as the Blue Jacaranda under the downcast sky in the distance.

She felt lucky that she didn’t miss the beauty this field once offered her. From now on, it only lives in her memories, along with the vanished orchid farms, sprawling strawberry fields, or the orange trees that the county is named after.

更多我的博客文章>>>

即将消失的田野(w English) 读杂志学英语(七)-- 英语中的重复复合词(reduplicated words) 看不了山,去看海 三月琐记 第一天回公司上班 (附《潮湿的心》)
妖妖灵
2 楼
Wow,lucky u! You have been staying only one
妖妖灵
3 楼
city since u came to the US?!
7grizzly
4 楼
Love the jacaranda. More comment in your blog.
暖冬cool夏
5 楼
Correct! My life, lucky or unlucky?:))
妖妖灵
6 楼
It is ur hometown now. Should feel “pink” instead of “blue”
暖冬cool夏
7 楼
Thanks,my friend. Prefer that way.
妖妖灵
8 楼
Why not sharing here?:)
暖冬cool夏
9 楼
Hopefully so. It's getting crowded now. Thks,妖mm!
妖妖灵
10 楼
Of course, lucky! U r living the best place of the US!
妖妖灵
11 楼
那是我喜欢的。我就喜欢人多:)
妖妖灵
12 楼
BTW,When I listen to NPR today,I understand “jubilant”right
妖妖灵
13 楼
away
移花接木
14 楼
Sentimental, is 广场舞 not square dance?
妖妖灵
15 楼
Not line dance?
暖冬cool夏
16 楼
Not sure if it‘s the best place though:))
暖冬cool夏
17 楼
刚刚查了查,sd是指4 coupled一起跳,组成一个正方形的一种舞蹈。谢谢花木兄!
暖冬cool夏
18 楼
妖mm这个ld有点接近广场舞,只不过一个是排成line,一个是强调在广场跳:)
TJKCB
19 楼
photo of a bulldozer = open-mouthed tiger

comment on a photo of a bulldozer: photo of a bulldozer = open-mouthed tiger

"Looking at this bulldozer, I can't help but see it as the embodiment of an open-mouthed tiger, both sad and scary in its relentless power. Its gaping maw seems hungry for destruction, yet behind its formidable exterior lies a sense of melancholy. It's a reminder of the often conflicting emotions we feel when faced with the impact of human intervention on the natural world. This juxtaposition of strength and sorrow in the image is both captivating and thought-provoking."

暖冬cool夏
20 楼
Love ur writing! Bulldozers are double-edged swords:)

While they can demolish the old and blaze a new trail, they can devour good things in the way.

Thank you. I appreciate your reading and the insightful comments.

天边一片白云
21 楼
听起来有些sad. 有一次我们开二个小时车到几年前常去的一个地方摘苹果,到了之后傻眼了,那地方盖成了一排排房子。
相关阅读
惊闻发小被留置,兼说腐败和出身中国驻纽约总领馆领事证件处2023年6月10日放假通知一年一端午,一岁一安康APAD:my country, right or wrong杨小凯:集权制度下的“自然灾害”三年“饿死人”之我历我闻我思。。。。。为父亲咨询一下高血压的问题2024年6月29-30日长沙邵歆然导师《关系智慧工作坊》明褒暗贬:毛泽东,小人一枚啊!老烟记事(422) 铁丝篓(古詩英譯)惠崇春江晚景 – (其二)苏轼【七律】 周末打球球场到处是积水有题你知道竹林做篱笆的这个功能吗?我离乔哥进了一小步Chinese Shopping Platforms Phase Out Unpopular Presale Schemes这里上海人很多吧,上海人请进!杨继绳算出上海饿死2.95万人,你信吗?马聚,以色列会攻击伊朗本土作为还击Makers鲲鹏周行事历 | 06月10日-06月16日伊朗真的反美反以吗?远 唱:十月 词:瓜“玫瑰的故事”里黄玫瑰似乎应该是万人垂涎的惊艳美女,【夏天】2024年6月12-16日吉利根老师催眠线上授证课第二模块(附广州精英催眠营证书课程时间)6月3日均价158买入CVX(古詩英譯)惠崇春江晚景 (其一) - 蘇軾汤勺新质引领 创变未来|6月19-20日,2024 DEMO WORLD即将走进上海松江回中国旅游,请教大家几个问题2024年6月29-7月3日广州林文采萨提亚模式专业证书课程 Level one(二阶,可插班)端午节吃粽子,五月的马德里~过家家和周边simple naive trust-bi-racious marriageFor Stressed Young Chinese, Chiikawa Toys Are Digital Ibuprofen我挺能走的,也挺能游的。我的濒死体验大虎加拿大打冰球Mainlanders Make Their Moves as Hong Kong Relaxes Housing Rules请问房子出租时要提供百叶窗或窗帘的吗八几个竞赛大跃进娃My Child Spent a Fortune on a Chinese Video Game. What Now?
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。