Redian新闻
>
APAD: Lies in our own hands

APAD: Lies in our own hands

最西边的岛上
楼主 (文学城)

"The opportunity to secure ourselves against defeat lies in our own hands, but the opportunity of defeating the enemy is provided by the enemy himself."
- Sun Tzu "孙子兵法":不可胜在己可胜在敌

I got the "Tactical Hand Signals" below from the same poster as "Bravo Zulu" and found it very interesting and informtive, related somewhat to the phrase by Sun Tzu.  And we all might have used some of these hand signals in life without knowing their military meanings.

Not sure it is the same in the cities you live, but in my middle sized and people friendly city, there seem to be more and more car drivers who are very aggressive when approaching pedestrian crossing, even when the crossing light is on.  So I have developped a hand signal of my own, very similar to the 2nd pic below, to guesture the (bad) drivers to fully stop when I or young ones (when I see them) are crossing the road.  It has been proven very effective so far ;-)

Happy Tuesday to you all!

7grizzly
2 楼
Good to know Sun Tzu and jiu-jitsu agree!
7grizzly
3 楼
Aggressive drivers saw your signal: come on, rifle ahead:-))
最西边的岛上
4 楼
haha, the signals do look alike now U said it. ;-)
移花接木
5 楼
嗯,不败掌握在自己手中,胜利来自敌方破绽。想起一个美军二战老兵讲述欧洲战场一场战役,当时他们想清除一个德军阵地
移花接木
6 楼
但又不想暴露自己。领队说了一声bayonet! 没找到这个信号,看到两个霰弹枪
最西边的岛上
7 楼
U r right, the2ndShotgun is likely 4 bayonet. GoodCatch,Thx!
最西边的岛上
8 楼
have sent correction msg to the poster ;-). Thx again!
移花接木
9 楼
I was joking, I doubt there ever were bayonet signal
最西边的岛上
10 楼
hahaha, butThereShouldNever b 2 shotgunSignals:llive or die
天边一片白云
11 楼
有些还挺有用的。
移花接木
12 楼
German didn't have bayonet,but shapper shovel as tool&weapon
最西边的岛上
13 楼
hmm, but wikipedia says they do? see:
最西边的岛上
14 楼
是的,但很庆幸我们没有/不用参加战争,war太残酷了!!!
移花接木
15 楼
wwii
相关阅读
2025QS最佳留学城市排名发布!英国伦敦蝉联榜首!波士顿仍是美国最佳留学城市!【坛庆接龙】耳听八方#1 《八月的一天》 呃,朗诵~~哎,这么热爱生活的人也倒账了。。。所谓的大跌大买其实是扯D麻师,明天反弹变右肩了,加仓吗?如何处理这样的关系(in laws and my own son)【坛庆接龙】耳听八方 #1 【听心】WADA统计显示:美国运动员药检样品阳性反应率是1.2%,中国是0.2%,印度全球最高3.2%家里两个小男孩回来说,一起玩的菲律宾小朋友说美国属于白人和菲律宾人其他都要 get out of our country循序渐进2024年8月14-18日吉利根老师催眠线上授证课第三模块(附广州精英催眠营证书课程时间)越王问:"若不能卖在最高点,买在最低点,如何outperform the market? " 举两例硬码工网友说得很对,在维护统治上,毛泽东确实很高明,比邓小平高的不是一星半点儿。2024年8月15日、16日 天鼓剧团公益巡演重回伦敦,经典与您共重温吃喝玩乐 | Downtown Crossing 6 家必尝餐厅【现房免中介费】【Downtown落地大窗楼】【Emerson/橙绿红线】【1B$2250+】【中央空调系统】【坛庆接龙】耳听八方#1 十八姑娘一朵花今晨!波士顿Downtown通勤早高峰发生血案!男子被连捅多下,生命垂危2024年8月16-18日林文采心理营养亲子关系工作坊:育儿不费爹妈的秘诀!昨天的收获Coles 7月31日-8月6日打折,7刀/kg全鸭、11刀/kg牛排浅析保险之不平等上岸笔记 | Georgetown研究生学员斩获DIA Associates NYC 2024年校招全职(非转正)Offer谢谢朋友们,删了【Downtown】景有一桥飞架南北,天堑变通途|DT楼王之一,全景落地窗老大一大早出门就把别人的车刮了,气死我了。2024春夏穿搭,玫瑰园,还有今天的购物,一不小心买到了Chanel tweed jacket的“老祖宗”怎么不伤和气的跟房客谈这个问题《星级男人通鉴》第124章 御夫之术APAD: Now is the winter of our discontent
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。