Redian新闻
>
Night Outdoor Dance

Night Outdoor Dance

暖冬cool夏
楼主 (文学城)

“It’s 87F outside.” Em’s husband warned her as she was putting on her dance T-shirt.

“Our enthusiasm is hotter.” Em blurted out and stepped outdoors into the lingering heat waves. It was almost six pm. The ground was still sizzling. But compared with the humid 106F in her hometown back in China, this is a paradise.

The parking lot was fully packed. The well-planned great park is magnetic to city dwellers, reminding people of Central Park in New York. Surrounded by new facilities, such as football fields, a sand volleyball court, an ice rink, sports stadiums and the lawns here and there, the park is a retreat for people to flock in weekends and nights, for events, entertainments, exercises or just a stroll.

Parked her car a bit far away, Em brisked her steps and cut across the green meadow flanked by towering palm trees. The otherwise mostly empty central court was today occupied by large tents hung with colorful ribbons strung across the beams. Drifting in the air was the merry Indian music. Men and women, young and old, dressed up in their flamboyant traditional gowns, thronged the tent inside. An Indian wedding was taking place.

Em joined the team and began her newly learnt dance—Galloping Horse. But soon the dance music was drowned out by the loud Indian music, mixed intermittently with DJ’s voices from the speaker.

By the time the dance was resumed in the back court, next to a barn and the merry-go-round, the night was falling. While the west sky was still bathed in the late sunlight, the sky on the east was painted with pink, orange and blue colors, in layers at the bottom and its hues suffusing all over. It was against such a backdrop that Em and her team danced. She danced, as if on a stage, her eyes glancing at the dimming background as the sky darkened.  

But the street lights shone on.

It was until 8:30 pm when they called it a day. The heat was abated. The air was balmy. The night wind permeated Em’s body and soul. Looking up, Em saw the huge iconic orange balloon floating in the half sky, beaming in the dark its warm orange glows that silently beckoning Em a good-night as she walked towards the parking lot.

renqiulan
2 楼
So you folks were dancing the night away.
renqiulan
3 楼
I must say this is an enjoyable read. Good evening!
renqiulan
4 楼
I wonder if Blue Soul would join in the fun. I am
renqiulan
5 楼
keeping my fingers crossed.
蓝灵
6 楼
I just wanted to say how much fun I had at the dance party
蓝灵
7 楼
the other night. Then, I came across this fun piece thanks
蓝灵
8 楼
to 暖冬cool夏. It must cause a sensation to have an
蓝灵
9 楼
Indian wedding party in Central Park, New York City.
天边一片白云
10 楼
Very nice writing. I can feel the fun and joy from it.
天边一片白云
11 楼
I like India wedding. their outfits are so colorful. 男女老少都跳舞
renqiulan
12 楼
I bet you yourself are a sensation too. Hi, Dancing Queen!
蓝灵
13 楼
So I am Dancing Queen! Let me take a bow.
蓝灵
14 楼
But, hey, you sound so 70s. The last time I checked,
蓝灵
15 楼
you weren't born yet. Quite ahead of the time, haha!
renqiulan
16 楼
That's charming. On that note, you have a good night!
蓝灵
17 楼
Good night!
暖冬cool夏
18 楼
Right, heavily embroidered gowns and colorful too.
暖冬cool夏
19 楼
I saw the beautiful bride and bridegroom too.据说传统的印度婚礼要吃上三天三
暖冬cool夏
20 楼
True, we danced the night away, though only 2.5 hours.
暖冬cool夏
21 楼
Thank you, Qiulan, for ur compliment. Long way to go:)
暖冬cool夏
22 楼
蓝mm must be Dancing Queen. 我更多的是锻炼。我这个在南加,夏天相对凉快些:)
暖冬cool夏
23 楼
Qiulan is young and very language talented. Can‘t believe he
暖冬cool夏
24 楼
was born here,but has such a super mastery of Chinese!
7grizzly
25 楼
2.5 after-meal hrs well-spent outdoors. Nice writing!
暖冬cool夏
26 楼
The team is growing. Blue soul是指男人or 忧郁的灵魂? 谢谢秋兰阅读!
暖冬cool夏
27 楼
Thank you for your encouragement!
暖冬cool夏
28 楼
Tks my friend!Actually my English doesn‘t progress much as
暖冬cool夏
29 楼
expected.停留在六七年前的水平,尽管好像一直在坚持阅读。提高很难:)
7grizzly
30 楼
We're too hard on ourselves. Maybe English courses will help
godog
31 楼
Such a beautiful prose, so well written. Enjoyed reading it.
暖冬cool夏
32 楼
Thanks, Go兄, for your compliment and kindness. Appreciate it
相关阅读
该回到子女教育了!阿丽挑明州州长当竞选搭档很不错。花花在欧洲大浪,我小浪一下回来了卜算子 谊 和纫秋兰CVPR'24 Highlight|一个框架搞定人物动作生成,精细到手部运动会维修的房客,求经验分享2024年8月最新移民排期:职业移民无变化,仅亲属移民表B部分类别前进嵯峨的施工队你的应用是不是只有service_stdout.log?Highlights|用时装浪漫致意2024七夕情人节2024年8月14-18日吉利根老师催眠线上授证课第三模块(附广州精英催眠营证书课程时间)巴黎奥运乱象杂谈Up or Out: The Ruthless Tenure Race for Young Chinese Scholars奔lululemon dance studio pant心情不好的时候和娃出门乌军进展迅速,俄媒体报道乌军已占领350平方公里俄领土去初中娃的curriculum night,需要打扮得很正式吗?拜登接受采访时说如果川落选,他担心不能和平交权给哈,这个风险巨大,坛子里的富翁们需不需要有个投资对策?在外旅游坐大巴没事闲聊一下房东心态为何退休人士不宜全仓标普指数基金?2025QS最佳留学城市排名发布!英国伦敦蝉联榜首!波士顿仍是美国最佳留学城市!直播:老爸重返童年第六届OUTDOCS中国国际户外影像嘉年华荣誉名单公布【星坛综艺会12期】真假梵高画,及梵高的歌《Starry Night》解释一下举国体制tonight is the night!比LERF提速199倍!清华哈佛发布LangSplat:三维语义高斯泼溅 | CVPR 2024 Highlight只有我吗?Dance studio jogger 穿着割腿2024年8月16-18日林文采心理营养亲子关系工作坊:育儿不费爹妈的秘诀!勤奋与努力有时候在天赋面前真的很无奈:女排古巴光头美女决胜局独得12分!
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。