Redian新闻
>
California's broken green dream

California's broken green dream

shuier
楼主 (文学城)

Californian politicians are loud and proud as self-appointed leaders of clean energy. They just forget to add that, officially, they fail to take CO2 emissions into account when importing substantial electricity from other states. Truth be told, the Golden State generously pays its neighbors to do the dirty job for it. Small wonder that Californians scream every time they get their energy bills. They should hold the politicians' feet to the fire on the abovesaid accounting issue.

Money can't buy love---or truth. Green dreamers are bound to be in for a rude awakening.

by 水儿

花似鹿葱
2 楼
但是有钱总是更豪横啊!
lovecat08
3 楼
加州,德州的事最多,不爱听!
shuier
4 楼
但知富者愈富,但愿不是贫者愈贫。不少中產已迁出加州。
shuier
5 楼
明白。祝两位版主周末愉快!
花似鹿葱
6 楼
我两个大学同学也在那边,也觉得加州愈来愈。。。。
lovecat08
7 楼
我们DC才是事最多了,一月6号,继续中,呵呵呵呵。。。。
shuier
8 楼
This January 6 political drama is winding down. So boring.
shuier
9 楼
Nominal GDP-wise, it's the world's 5th largest economy.
renqiulan
10 楼
Gov Newsom: his state is the world's 4th largest economy.
shuier
11 楼
I won't give currency to Gov Newsom's claim.
renqiulan
12 楼
I like your pun, for the sake of fun.
shuier
13 楼
Pun and fun rhyme.Seriously, post a piece on green tech. OK?
renqiulan
14 楼
Yes, Madam!
shuier
15 楼
Thank you, Sir!
寒苇
16 楼
Quite a debunking piece on the green dream!
shuier
17 楼
Thanks, Wei Wei.
老键
18 楼
Sarcasm doesn't help with the future of mankind much

That California imports around 22% of electricity from interstates do not counteract its achievement that nearly 50% of its in-state generation is from renewable energy sources. It is good to have California as  a world leader in clean energy.

The price of coal-fired power is not cheap either nowadays, well above the 5-year average, because of the global energy crisis. 

shuier
19 楼
I can't disagree with you more. Their renewables are

questionable at best. You might take their word for it. I respect your choice. By the same token, you don't need to color me sarcastic, which I'm lady enough to put up with. I would rather take official claims with a grain of salt. To round it up, why do Californians have to pay so much more if their state government has been saving so much more? The whole thing doesn't add up. I would suggest that you go to the MIT website and check out their posts about renewable energy sources. Rational people are not sarcastic. They are just skeptical. 

renqiulan
20 楼
Hi, 老键! I won't use "sarcasm" to characterize this post.
老键
21 楼
Hear! Hear!
老键
22 楼
Sarcasm or not, better to be more positive, right?

A small price we pay, a giant gain for the next generations of us. Besides, it's true the current energy price hike is largely because of international coal prices. If California gets 100% renewable energy in supply, the price will be much more abated.  

renqiulan
23 楼
Ask questions. Do some fact-finding. That's positive.
renqiulan
24 楼
Hearing is a step closer to listening. I hope.
ahniu
25 楼
green 就是一个大忽悠

猪党圣母害人

(发自我的文学城离线浏览器)

ahniu
26 楼
watch objectivity

https://youtu.be/RIOiGtO2UBA(发自我的文学城离线浏览器)
相关阅读
【𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐧𝐢𝐊𝐞𝐚𝐧双皮奶无痕内裤】49元三条!巨巨巨好穿 !!简直就是辣妹顶配,食品级冰箱收纳盒【一日团】Grapes, unripe and green 青涩的葡萄【路过青春之狗血青春】It never rains in California ~~上照片(画片)。。。仙妈,可以了吗!大家怎么看California dream for all shared appreciation loan?5月30日就涨价!美国签证费支付服务将于2023年5月29日暂停!Light and ShadowVenice Have a dream weekend史海钩沉:驱逐华夏,恢复东夷!𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐧𝐢𝐊𝐞𝐚𝐧双皮奶内衣裤,软弹有度,上身0束缚~仙妈如歌自在行讣告!于2023年5月10日逝世【手机摄影活动】Dream Closet10个宾州东部的迷人小镇对唐诗三百首中,那些难以索解的诗句,我的理解,之一:【张九龄,感遇十二首之二,幽人归独卧】《娘的眼淚》迈富时、第四范式、米高化工、耐看娱乐、武汉有机5家港IPO上市备案补充材料要求(2023年5月12日—2023年5月18日)爵士版 "California Dreamin'" 送给地雷姐【周末综艺会7期】《桃花红杏花白》送给即将换届的班班们!IEEE高级会员,IEEE中国联合会前任主席,IEEE北京分会前任主席冯进军当选北京“最美科技工作者”泰康之家周5晚上出门儿了一梦 Dream讣告!她于 2023年5月10日去世!【徵招】海棠将老(依赵以夫格)提上来谢谢大家关心慰问爱晒衣服的日本人九剑一魂 - 第23回 太子遇害 贾后伏诛(九)【周末综艺会7期】《白兰鸽 / Paloma Blanca》 by AP +1双林奇案录第三部之天禅寺: 第五节斜风细雨不须归清晨从北京起飞司机老李老枫带货:我欲入仙途,顺带拉一把窦唯小兄弟。长周末愉快。经观头条 | 厌恶风险的年轻人,选择跨城存钱赚利息强制小费即将违法?California State Bill 478中华文化的礼,名字的学问长篇小说《如絮》第一百零三章 哈尔滨-1952-1953年 2 任务意外地好!!!!!Microsoft 必应图像创建者MacBook Pro 13in 2018 A1989 keep rebooting ( screen/battery/othe5月29日支付服务暂停,于30日恢复!美国签证集体涨价!5月30日起,申请美签将多花近200元!
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。