Redian新闻
>
the Gypsy's spirit of freedom, don't know their burden

the Gypsy's spirit of freedom, don't know their burden

TJKCB
楼主 (文学城)

"You might have the Gypsy's spirit of freedom, but you don't know their burden" came to my mind viewing this film, which I did not know until now:

https://youtu.be/I9LLwUhhl7k?si=UT4Lt6lJ9qH9mWy-

["And the Violins Stopped Playing"] (1988) is a film that sheds light on the lesser-known aspect of the Holocaust, focusing on the persecution of the Gypsy (Sinti and Roma) communities under Nazi rule. From this film, several themes and nuggets of wisdom can be extrapolated:

Recognition of Lesser-Known Holocaust Victims: The film highlights the often-overlooked suffering of the Gypsy communities during the Holocaust. It emphasizes the importance of acknowledging the diverse groups targeted by the Nazis beyond Jews, such as the Roma and Sinti, and the need to remember their experiences.

Resilience and Survival: The story of Dymitr and his family underscores the resilience of individuals in the face of extreme adversity. Their determination to escape and survive in the midst of persecution and the impending threat of extermination serves as an example of the human spirit's will to endure.

The Fragility of Safety: The film depicts the fleeting nature of safety during the Holocaust. Even when individuals believed they had reached a safe haven, the relentless pursuit by the Nazis and the horrors of Auschwitz remind us of the fragility of security in such turbulent times.

The Banality of Evil: The reference to Rudolph Hoess, the commandant of Auschwitz, and his autobiography provides insight into the banality of evil. It highlights how ordinary individuals, like Hoess, could become complicit in monstrous acts when given a particular assignment. This serves as a chilling reminder of the potential for cruelty within humanity.

Regret and Humanity: Hoess' statement about regretting not spending more time with his family before his execution reflects the innate humanity within even those who committed heinous crimes. It raises questions about the moral choices individuals make and how they reconcile their actions with their personal lives.

Importance of Remembering: The viewer's comment about the need for more films and awareness about the Gypsy Holocaust underscores the importance of remembering and educating future generations about all aspects of history, especially the untold stories and lesser-known victims of tragic events.

It encourages us to approach cultures and communities with humility, empathy, and a desire to learn. It reminds us that appreciating the surface aspects of a culture should be accompanied by an effort to understand and support the people who belong to that culture, especially when they have faced historical injustices and burdens.a powerful message about the complexities of understanding someone else's experiences and challenges. :

Embracing Freedom: The Gypsy community is often associated with a deep sense of freedom and a nomadic lifestyle. They have a unique way of life that values independence, spontaneity, and a connection to nature. Their spirit of freedom is a source of admiration for many.

Unseen Challenges: However, this statement reminds us that there is more to the Gypsy experience than meets the eye. While their freedom may be celebrated, their burdens and struggles are often hidden from view. This includes historical persecution, discrimination, and social exclusion that many Gypsies have faced.

Cultural Divide: It underscores the idea that understanding a culture goes beyond surface-level appreciation. Having the "spirit of freedom" may refer to adopting certain aspects of Gypsy culture, like a love for music or a carefree attitude. However, it doesn't automatically grant insight into the deeper challenges and injustices faced by the Gypsy community.

Empathy and Awareness: The statement encourages empathy and the importance of taking the time to learn about and acknowledge the struggles faced by marginalized communities. It reminds us that true understanding requires digging beneath stereotypes and assumptions.

Respect for Diversity: It emphasizes the richness of human diversity. People from different cultures and backgrounds have unique experiences, both positive and negative. Recognizing and respecting these differences is essential for building a more inclusive and compassionate society.

Avoiding Cultural Appropriation: This statement serves as a caution against cultural appropriation, where elements of a culture are borrowed or imitated without understanding or respecting the context and history behind them. It's a reminder that adopting certain cultural traits without acknowledging the associated burdens can be insensitive.

盈盈一笑间
2 楼
What a powerful and moving film! Dark period in history.
方外居士
3 楼
I used to visit Roma several years back and saw some Gypsy.

They looks like Indian. Very talkative and has no hesitation to show and sell anything. Clearly free mindset.

but local tourist guide remind us to be careful of our belongs...., interesting. Discrimination still exist, and likely is mutually coupled.

盈盈一笑间
4 楼
多谢分享这部不为人知的反纳粹电影!有空会看看。:))
盈盈一笑间
5 楼
The Gypsy are indeed a unique ethnic group
盈盈一笑间
6 楼
They have distinct cultural and historical traditions :))
方外居士
7 楼
Exactly
renqiulan
8 楼
I haven't seen this movie yet. So I'd better not
renqiulan
9 楼
throw in my two cents.
renqiulan
10 楼
I know this much is true, though:
renqiulan
11 楼
The genocide against Roma and Sinti people is a fact.
renqiulan
12 楼
Hopefully,the better angels of our nature are still with us.
盈盈一笑间
13 楼
What a tragedy. Hope the dark history never repeats again.
TJKCB
14 楼
History repeats until lessons learned. Unfortunately, human.

got short term memory. So, trageties happen again and again. 

盈盈一笑间
15 楼
Sad, but it is true.
古树羽音
16 楼
我今天就看,正在看呢。
方外居士
17 楼
The lesson Human learned through history is

Human never learn the lesson

方外居士
18 楼
Human never learn the lesson Of history
盈盈一笑间
19 楼
赞行动派!:))
盈盈一笑间
20 楼
Indeed !
相关阅读
Capsule真情感人 文采斐然----读《胡少璋散文选》崖青[9月26日]科学历史上的今天——金·赫尔尼(Jean Amédée Hoerni)安乐园体重急减(1~2个月内减8磅),年度体检基本的血、尿指标、腹部B超、肺啥都正常、血糖在正常边界(100左右)chase的Chase Freedom Unlimited visa卡Don't blow your horn at old people《欧洲文艺复兴美术史英雄榜(12)请教换 Transmission fluid. 2005 BMW 545i Transmission 灯亮了When in Rome,Do as the Romans Do/I don’t know what Romans do【2023坛庆】 第四,五弹 《爱你》《回忆中拥抱》跟风 水乡 佳佳 银女神 小活 云间 玩票 致敬 班长们斯坦福大学胡佛研究院的郭岱君关于亚太二战史的讲座。她自称是来自四国的几十个学者无党无私的研究结果。大家来评判小娃问我why I don’t have family【老键曲库】James Blunt - You\'re beautiful请教浴室如何update?见图。这样的浴缸容易把水弄到地上和墙上,有什么好办法?墙上加不锈钢sheet?呵呵【自由的心】(A heart of freedom)部分旧版Chase Freedom用户被强制“暖心升级”成Chase Freedom UnlimitedBaby Animals and their Parents【$200+5%超市加油 开卡奖励】Chase Freedom Unlimited (CFU) 信用卡2023年9月17日(周日)冯站长之家三分钟晚间新闻老外说 I don't know nothing 是“知道”,还是“不知道”?Meaning of FreedomYoung Chinese Street Vendors Toil for Friendship, Freedom群众举报环境污染,山西环保回应“马拉个币”"不完美受害人"里林阚面临的是和赵寻同样的问题:接受了不该接受的,等于是默认。对方不能被认定是性骚扰或强奸。nǚ hóng?nǚ gōng美好How Did A Chimp Lose Freedom?Don't break my heart 送高僧/远空及处女座们生日快乐/答谢亲们差点出境!男子携带清末文物出境被查【冯站长说安全】2023年9月17日Knowledge-Based Systems 2023:基于注意力机制的图相似度学习探索中国证监会:境外发行上市备案补充材料要求(2023年9月22日—2023年9月28日)功课:俄罗斯简史与文物遗存做生意的人家有多惨《长相思》今天这两集张晚意的演技炸裂,完美成全了苍玄这个角色。我看完心意难平,转个别人的贴说说两个主角的演技。在临海小镇做全麻手术“Don't Cry for Me Argentina” and the musical Evita不完美受害人看完第16集,还有人觉着成董被洗白了吗,他就是一jerk。尽管有的剧情不真实,但这个剧有很多可圈伯利恒千年“圣诞教堂”【2023坛庆】绑匪下一次山不容易,这不是要给唱坛献礼吗?一不做二不休,先绑才哥 ,再绑圣僧哥哥(俩)。。。
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。