Redian新闻
>
CHINE, Official languages of the UN.

CHINE, Official languages of the UN.

移花接木
楼主 (文学城)

When I saw CHINE instead of the English CHINA, it made me wonder how many official languages are there of the UN.  

Here is the google result: There are six official languages of the UN. These are Arabic, Chinese, English, French, Russian and Spanish.

Since the meeting is held in Switzerland I am curious if CHINE is China in Switzerland language? aha, I could not find anything called Swiss in google, which is against my common sense that an adjective form of a country also stands for the people and the language.  

So the official languages of Switzerland are German, French, Italian, and Romansh, no language called Swiss. 

中国 being CHINE in all German, French, Italian, I don't see google recognizes Romansh as a language name.  So the CHINE here is French.   

I wondered if an UN meeting in Dubai, China would appear as ?????

China’s UN ambassador, Chen Xu (R), waits along with the Chinese delegation for the UN Human Rights Council's universal periodic review in Geneva, Switzerland, on Tuesday.

永远老李
2 楼
如果是在DUBAI,China would appear as“很差的足球队的那个国家”
妖妖灵
3 楼
LOL:

盈盈一笑间
4 楼
Just curious what language the Swiss use to communicate
盈盈一笑间
5 楼
with each other..
盈盈一笑间
6 楼
哈哈哈。这两天亚洲杯0胜0进球,又创新纪录。sigh…
甜虫虫
7 楼
Didn't know Arabic is one of the UN official languages.
甜虫虫
8 楼
That makes sense though, to include the middle east.
xia23
9 楼
Chine is a French noun for China
盈盈一笑间
10 楼
La is a definite article for a female noun as the in English
盈盈一笑间
11 楼
Thanks for sharing.
移花接木
12 楼
Excuse my French.

xia23
13 楼
Four officail languages are German, French, Italian, and Rom
相关阅读
The Chinese ‘Auntie’ Who Hit the Road — and Never Looked Back证监会对6家企业拟香港/美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月19日—2024年1月25日)【七绝-雪夜】The ‘Invisible’ Cleaners Keeping the Cities Spotless关秋兰老师为李洁之死忏悔学生打老师的革命 - 与师道尊严千年传统无关一条灰色的裤子我真实的生活Space Race: Why Young Chinese Are Cutting Ties with Relatives君问归期未有期,巴山夜雨涨秋池为什么我永远不做定投房产?hé bàng?hé bèng?我在投坛跟风的教训共产党到底能不能代表中国人?北京大学的两代悲情 - 刘华右胳膊六四清晨被坦克碾去英雄难过美人关宋征:毛泽东主义的兴亡 - 中国“革命”与红高棉“革命”的历史《周处除三害》爆火,英文名为啥是「The Pig , The Snake and The Pigeon」?非常感谢昨天CatcherInTheRye 给我推荐了几个加州房价相对便宜的地方。关于气候还有点问题Guangdong Villages Recruit Matchmakers to Help Single Men纪念北大7910的“朋”为什么会有人会觉得我重复嫁人? 我几十年来只有一个老公清华附中模式有传奥巴马会是下一个哈佛校长,他以前一直是保Gay校长的幕后证监会对4家企业拟香港上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月12日—2024年1月18日)心急吃不了好面包如何10分钟搞定甜年糕?【雪】三首中英文诗 【Snow】Three Poems证监会对4家企业拟香港/美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月5日—2024年1月11日)BC省房东超额涨租的一点经验。也急问一个S8房客问题,请有经验指点闲着也是闲着,来点咸事【听歌练听力】The Dangling Conversation57、长篇民国小说《永泰里》第十一章 铁蹄之下(6)Chasing Calm: The Rising Cost of Spiritual Healing in China反共反华是个人的自由,但就这种素质????恐怖的红八月 - 从彬彬到要武APAD:With great power comes great responsibility关于how to receive and express love, 有5 种 love languages日本日记15: 京都打卡之童话般的古都奈良
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。