Redian新闻
>
Happy New Year of the Dragon

Happy New Year of the Dragon

朱之谓
楼主 (文学城)

Ogunquit, ME, a small coastal town with narrow streets, rustic houses, scenic trails by the sea, and very quiet neibourhoods. 600 or so permanent residents live here in the winter, whereas 22,000 people come here vacationing from across the states in the summer.
      I’m not used anymore to walk around those narrow streets, because it made me feel as if I were back to the days of horse-drawn traffic. Believe it or not, my front door street in southern California could be classified as the broadway here in these rural comnunities of New England.
      New England is getting old and outdated in terms of its infrastructure. This is very true in the eyes of those who come from California. I was re-thinking the rationals behind the higher gas tax policies in California every time when I was traveling through these New England towns and villages. Should I change my mind complaining about paying $4-5/gal there in California to buy a relatively smooth traffic, vs. enjoying a much lower taxed gas sale of $3/gal here in New England to trade for a tough ride? I don’t know, to be honest.
      It seems that, however, except for rugged roads and other pretty ancient public facilities, there is a lot more that is worth considering to settle down here in New England, provided that you are rooted deep in European lifestyle and cultural values, such as art, architecture, literature, music, cuisines, and more importantly, education and traditions. Overall, living here in New England is not only easier but also more joyful in many ways.
      Perhaps the old Chinese saying is right: a gain always goes with a loss (有得有失).
      We spent this weekend to celebrate the new year of the dragon with our son & daughter-in-law as well as her parents who own a vacation house in that place of Ogunquit, Maine. The family reunion this time is very special because it’s been 5 years since the last time we shared Chinese new year eve together.

更多我的博客文章>>> Happy New Year of the Dragon 南美走笔:9/ Santiago 南美走笔:8/2 El Ateneo Bookstore 南美走笔:8/1 Puerto Madero 南美走笔:7/3 Tango Dinner
朱之谓
2 楼
Happy New Year, and best wishes to you all!
盈盈一笑间
3 楼
Happy New Year, and best wishes to 朱师!
盈盈一笑间
4 楼
热烈欢迎雅临美坛!新春愉快~~
盈盈一笑间
5 楼
New England is a charming place. Thanks for sharing the
盈盈一笑间
6 楼
beautiful photos. I visited Maine during my summer vacation~
7grizzly
7 楼
Nice. I'm planning to live in N. Cal car-free. No big deal.
朱之谓
8 楼
谢谢盈师鼓励,并祝新年吉祥!之谓总感觉欠了盈师一个承诺,不知道何时能够还上。
盈盈一笑间
9 楼
Nice! I’ll plan to use subway car-free in the future :))
盈盈一笑间
10 楼
盈师?您真的折煞我了。haha 。多谢美文,欢迎有空随时雅临美坛!
朱之谓
11 楼
Thankyou! New England is a charming place, indeed.
朱之谓
12 楼
Welcome to California, and hope you'll like it.
7grizzly
13 楼
Well. As they say "It could've been worse." :-)
7grizzly
14 楼
My former colleague, about 28 years old at the time, had

owned no car. He was a great inspiration to me.

方外居士
15 楼
Happy new year, 朱兄!great sharing!
moonlight7
16 楼
开车路过过 New England,漂亮的小镇,漂亮的图片。
朱之谓
17 楼
Happy new year 方外诗长,and thx for your reply!
朱之谓
18 楼
Thx for dropping by and I am glad you liked the photos!
godog
19 楼
Great writing. Interesting
朱之谓
20 楼
Thx for your good words!
相关阅读
New Year's fireworks 2024 LIVE: NYC's Times Square ball dropImpression, New Year's Eve. 跨年印象鸿发超市「2000 万美元」买下82街前Walmart超市!开设第4家Hông Phát分店!头像|𝐒𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐞·招桃花头像Happy Valentine’s Day!《掌声响起来》新年快乐!New Year Resolution是什么?嫉妒的心灵不美丽Dream of Going Back on New Year's Eve. East WindWhat is your new year's resolution ?海外春晚合集 | Happy Chinese New Year 别样年味·共庆新春这是什么操作:加州州长newson宣布2月10日是农历新年agriculture calendar new year《Dragon 龙》2023虽然过的不尽人意但是也要总结一下!Happy New Year!你好,2024!ABBA Happy New Year!《周处除三害》爆火,英文名为啥是「The Pig , The Snake and The Pigeon」?外企社招丨Dräger德尔格,行业全球领导者,15薪,六险一金,多样福利,偏爱留学生Happy Ending【新年快乐】《New York New York》祝星空的大家新年快乐 by APThe Sound of New Year's traditional bellsMy first marathon in new year作别流年两首《万家灯火》给裸根兰花安家,一起新年快乐2024年2月1日历史上的今天The interestingness of AI in the eye of a beholder我的初中(二):安得广厦千万间关于朱令铊中毒的一点讨论2024 Chinese New Year's Dinner《再见,布里诺斯艾利斯》再见2023, Happy 2024~~~Happy Chinese New Year 波士顿新年攻略来袭证监会对4家企业拟香港上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月12日—2024年1月18日)美股基本面 - 2023_12_31 * 晨报 * 一入江湖岁月催!心中有基本,临危不慌张。新年快乐,来年再战。证监会对1家企业拟美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月26日—2024年2月1日)龙是龙,dragon 是 dragonHappy New Year德彪西的音乐图像:引言【美坛综艺秀假日篇】Happy New Year to All! Flowerpot Islands.《我的祖国》pk 《New York New York》by me
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。