Redian新闻
>
APAD:The cream always rises to the top.

APAD:The cream always rises to the top.

移花接木
楼主 (文学城)

The cream always rises to the top.

This figurative saying refers to the fact that when you let milk that has not been homogenized or otherwise treated sit for a while, the cream will separate from the rest of the milk and form a layer at the top. It rises to the top naturally.    Cream is the richest and so the 'best' part of the milk.

"The cream always rises to the top." is an old expression. It basically means this: things that are really great will naturally rise to the top because of their greatness. A good person or idea cannot go unnoticed for long, just as cream poured in coffee or tea eventually rises to the top.

最西边的岛上
2 楼
& be eaten 1st ;-)) Envi. & luck play a big role 2: 时势造英雄;)
移花接木
3 楼
我觉得对应的中文谚语是:是金子总会花光的
最西边的岛上
4 楼
haha, 发光花光反光,as long as there's light & Lasts 2 the end ;-))
7grizzly
5 楼
I saw the cream first literally with Claravale Farm raw milk
7grizzly
6 楼
Loved it; also witnessed its rise from $5 to $10 a bottle:-(
最西边的岛上
7 楼
hahaha, but can one buy at $5 and wait 4 cream 2 rise? ;)
7grizzly
8 楼
I did 8 yrs ago. Nowadays one has to shell out more for it.
移花接木
9 楼
1st time learn this, coz the cream already down 2my stomach
移花接木
10 楼
b4 it get chance 2 rise
7grizzly
11 楼
In treated milk, cream doesn't rise. No point waiting :-)
移花接木
12 楼
down with my coffee
天边一片白云
13 楼
hard to find raw milk in Canada if there is any.
天边一片白云
14 楼
I will try when I am in US next time.
相关阅读
2024年7月19日星期五RELO成都英语教学研讨会起床,挣了几百钢镚,泡好茶,打开足底按摩器抠脚,回答猛牛疑问,投资理财的话痨耶鲁 SCL top 5%,MCL next 10%,CL next 15%。GPA大涨年代,这个可用来判别成绩【星坛综艺会12期】珍惜美好时光,“Always Remember Us This Way”昨天社会越发达,人的斗志越小TOP 10 HAPPIEST COLLEGES IN THE U.S.为什么一提起 top 本科business school 就是 Wharton?可实际上排名第一的是 Sloan 啊2024年7月15-17日RELO英语学术论文写作与发表暑期训练营Woolworths 6月26日-7月2日打折,元气森林、红袋米半价The 75-Year-Old Mother Creating a Green Miracle in the Desert今天再用这个 sliding disc 做做这个运动最贵美国大学 top 10Woolworths 7月3日-7月9日打折,肉派、香肠、婴儿霜半价Whole Foods买的有机草莓,用盐水浸泡以后,会感觉表面发软,盐水也似乎油腻腻的,是什么原因?旧帖再发,在投坛发的第一个帖子:靠股票分红,我是怎样实现三个自由的!校正了CVX SPY QQQ增长率北京的朋友说带状疱疹的疫苗,国内也可以打。降息前后市场表现投坛最后一帖: 感谢听张哲瀚说一说如何去享受现在的生活伤口进展,有图慎入你周围的女娃有白宫的aspiration吗?欧盟的领导人是女性,台湾也出过女性领导人,美国呢?【美国驻广州总领事馆活动】英语学术论文写作与发表工作坊,7月22日至7月23日我跟孩子说,要保证选民的最大利益,就是确保政党之间势均力敌,互相竞争互相制约厦航2024年7月国际及地区航班信息!南航发布7月国际及地区航班计划!Chinese Hit the Slopes to Escape Brutal Summer Heat未来的世界,走向规则化,而不是多极化,兼论川普维持世界和平的策略Woolworths本周最新打折图表 6月26日--7月2日!!福虎旧贴重发引发的重新思考#英语学习#英语俗语:Grass is always greener(on the other side)
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。