Redian新闻
>
APAD: everything you need

APAD: everything you need

最西边的岛上
楼主 (文学城)

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.
Marcus Tullius Cicero

"Marcus Tullius Cicero (106–43 BCE) is best known to posterity as a prominent statesman and orator in the tumultuous period of the late Roman republic. As well as being a leading political actor of his time, he also wrote voluminously. Among his writings, around a dozen philosophical works have come down to us.  He proved to be an excellent orator and lawyer, and a shrewd politician. He was elected to each of the principal Roman offices (quaestor, aedile, praetor, and consul) on his first try and at the earliest age at which he was legally allowed to run for them."
- online sources

To be honest, I know the name and am aware of the fame. but haven't read his writings ;-)  Nevertheless I really like this quote from him. Both garden and library produce "food" for us, with graden's feed one's stomach and body, while the library's feed one's head and mind.

We are very lucky to live near two good libraries, one runs by the city, one inside the University, both are in walking distance.  We have been spending quite some times in the University libary recently, as it's just 10 mins walk away and there are so many good books, but just a few people in the summer.  

A library is not a luxury but one of the necessities of life — Henry Ward Beecher

Happy another Sunday to you all!

One reading corner in Uni library

Havest time (from condo rooftop garden plots)

Haha, black tomato plant does produce black tomatos

7grizzly
2 楼
Not to mention that gardening is also exercise, a key to a
7grizzly
3 楼
healthy life. You do have everything!
最西边的岛上
4 楼
Thx! 知恩感恩,谢天谢地 ;-))
移花接木
5 楼
I joked this morning I'd win the survival game in the garden
移花接木
6 楼
caught a mouse/day, can't survive with garden veggies,
移花接木
7 楼
But mouse protein/day can make my laugh2 the end

whereas others 三天饿九顿

最西边的岛上
8 楼
one per day?? Wow! wondering how doThey survive inWinter;-)
最西边的岛上
9 楼
hahaha, could U leave some alive for next year?
最西边的岛上
10 楼
sorry, my position may b in theWrong side (miceSide) again;)
暖冬cool夏
11 楼
My garden is my getaway:)
最西边的岛上
12 楼
Good 4 U!
天边一片白云
13 楼
I don't remember when is my last time to go to library.
天边一片白云
14 楼
I should feed more food for my head and mind, like you.
天边一片白云
15 楼
要不是你说我还以为黑西红柿是印度小茄子呢。
最西边的岛上
16 楼
go go go I'm sure u will love it!
最西边的岛上
17 楼
hahaha,我去年看别人种了很好奇味儿道,今年春天专门去买了plant。尝了还太酸,可能生长期要长一点儿,耐心盼望;)
天边一片白云
18 楼
Will try. Thank you.
相关阅读
孩子的大学base need financial aid【迎奥运 贺坛庆】 ※看云※AmEx EveryDay Preferred (EDP) 信用卡【新卡面;30k 开卡奖励】Shanghai Wants to Integrate AI Into Everything — Even Wet MarketChong Hing Bank/Everwise Credit Union/Jefferies开放海量实习岗位, 留学生快冲!观众短评|“Did I look after everyone?”Young Chinese Have Almost No Concerns About AI, Survey Finds厦航2024年7月国际及地区航班信息!南航发布7月国际及地区航班计划!Up or Out: The Ruthless Tenure Race for Young Chinese Scholars请问如果Harris上台,卖自住房明年是不是需要多交税, everything else equal?【迎奥运 贺坛庆】唱昨晚Celine的歌《 爱的赞歌》恭喜她复出!青葱岁月Chinese Soccer Has a New Hero: Singapore’s Veteran Goalkeeper巴黎奥运会,群魔乱舞!这几年我最豪迈的一笔投资APAD:Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are.APAD: If you can’t live longer, live deeper.APAD:Don't dish it if you can't take itAPAD:if you can't be good, be careful关于“老男人”的问题……2.5,17,24,还有160APAD: Sans teeth, sans eyes, sans taste, sans everything还不还清房贷其实是很个人的问题Need blind Vs need aware? 大家说说有什么坑?钱多压人Hi, I want to move the spouse to China, what need to do?For every child, every right.仓库寻宝Is Scaling All You Need? LLM收益递减,AI小厂难活命APAD:It is nice finding that place where you can just go and窃书不算偷
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。