Redian新闻
>
APAD: If you can’t live longer, live deeper.

APAD: If you can’t live longer, live deeper.

最西边的岛上
楼主 (文学城)

If you can’t live longer, live deeper.
- Italian proverb

“The proverb is used to emphasize that pursuing a purposeful and fulfilling life is more valuable than simply living a long time."

"Also, as none of us can predict how long we will live, which is why it is so important to live each day with intention and purpose.”

“You make your life deeper when you infuse it with meaning — a heavy hitter in the world of well-being — involving connections to others, doing what you do best, getting in touch with something bigger than yourself, belonging, helping, giving. All great things.”

I agree with above explanations. But the word "meaningful" might mean different things to different people. To me, it has nothing to do with material things, but non-material stuff, including humour in everyday life, like those have been said:

“Why do they call it rush hour when nothing moves?” — Robin Williams
“In real life, I assure you, there is no such thing as algebra.” — Fran Lebowitz
“Whoever said that money can’t buy happiness, simply didn’t know where to go shopping.” ― Bo Derek
“It is useless to try to hold a person to anything he says while he’s madly in love, drunk, or running for office.” — Shirley MacLaine
“Those people who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.” ― Isaac Asimov

Hope this APAD and the funny phrases will make you feel wiser and deeper today. 

7grizzly
2 楼
This has to do with the u-boat from yesterday :-)
最西边的岛上
3 楼
hahaha, really? I like and agree w/ Ur imagination ;-))
7grizzly
4 楼
We've covered the pipe-down issue, the hammock vs bed debate
最西边的岛上
5 楼
as living in a U-boat is truly living deep ;-)))
7grizzly
6 楼
claustrophobia in a sub, etc.
7grizzly
7 楼
Italian U-boat: for mass pilgrimage to a deeper life
最西边的岛上
8 楼
"Lima Charlie” ;-))
最西边的岛上
9 楼
met someOfThem in PortoPortugal, veryInterestingPeople! See:

(Not sure if the asian look lady is a Chinese or not)

7grizzly
10 楼
Nice place for deep living and bonhomie :-)
移花接木
11 楼
zen of life
最西边的岛上
12 楼
yes, following Mother Nature and intuition :-)
天边一片白云
13 楼
I am glad I read your APAD today.
天边一片白云
14 楼
it makes my day meaningful, get some wise and funny stuff.
最西边的岛上
15 楼
glad U like it 白云美眉. same here, APAD benefits to who posts
最西边的岛上
16 楼
as much as the reader, if not more . :-))
相关阅读
UTMB 2024 开锣You Can Do It, We can Help辽宁大学红卫兵编文、鲁美红五星战团绘图:三反分子宋任穷罪行录慕尼黑,没有外遇举杯邀明月,美酒送夫子APAD:Against the assault of laughter, nothing can stand.波士顿音协合唱团夏季音乐会开唱 “ 想望你Longing for you”你心心念念的Döner要改名了?!物美价廉已成过去式....重要通知:【我心目中的好演员】活动延长及发奖波士顿音协合唱团夏季音乐会开唱 “ 想望你 Longing for you”【边水往事】谁来演沈星?比这个郭麒麟演的好?我做得最好的定投就是定投自己: 每天健身雷打不动!要吃得好! 还有目前典型的舒适随意的工作时间。APAD:It is nice finding that place where you can just go and原先宋庆龄住后海北岸摄政王府西南角儿的一个跨院儿。宋庆龄喜欢玩儿鸽子,这股市有意思,跌下去多少就涨上来多少每天10句英语口语|Thank you for your patienceAPAD:Show me your garden and I shall tell you what you are.APAD: Men's evil manners live in brass; their virtues we又爱又恨的波比跳不时的还得做一做啊。刚才连续做20下波比跳,刚好是1分钟内完成。哈哈APAD: everything you need2024年8月29-9月3日广州 《精英催眠营》精品工作坊,成为你自己的催眠大师!上岸笔记 | UCLA研究生学员斩获Long Sail Los Angeles 2024年全职(非转正)Offer真的假的?每天不能超过一个鸡蛋?危言耸听了吧?胶原蛋白补充惹争议,专家说是伪科学,那关节疾病怎么办?Woolworths 8月14日-8月20日打折,porterhouse牛排6折APAD:if you can't be good, be careful中亚之河中地区游记 (1)攻略篇2024年8月17日星期六RELO广州英语教学研讨会Guardian of Heritage: A Man’s Battle to Preserve a TempleWhy China’s Degree Programs Are Getting Longer
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。