Redian新闻
>
这次美国候选人是精英派vs普通人

这次美国候选人是精英派vs普通人

Livewell
楼主 (北美华人网)
历史上, 美国政府高层背景都是常春藤富家子弟, 这次 Trump/Vance 代表精英派, 都是名校出身, Kamala/Walz 都是普通学校的中产家庭出身. 如果kamala当选,这是美国政坛很大的改变, 这道门对普通背景的人开了, 不再是只有精英才能当道了.当美国说任何人都有机会当总统是真话了.
BlueBlueBird
2 楼
Livewell 发表于 2024-08-09 10:48
历史上, 美国政府高层背景都是常春藤富家子弟, 这次 Trump/Vance 代表精英派, 都是名校出身, Kamala/Walz 都是普通学校的中产家庭出身. 如果kamala当选,这是美国政坛很大的改变, 这道门对普通背景的人开了, 不再是只有精英才能当道了.当美国说任何人都有机会当总统是真话了.

Vance 是名校毕业, 是不是精英另说, 但他出身是贫下中农吧。
小泡泡
3 楼
BlueBlueBird 发表于 2024-08-09 10:55

极少数爬入精英的底层出身
Northeastian
4 楼
没那回事儿。 从来都是精英对决。
普通人上不去,从来不会。
落地无声
5 楼

一个本科录取Fordham,一个osu
<p>1970: University of Pennsylvania: 70% Acceptance Rate
王力宏
6 楼

我看hillbilly 的时候一直有个问题。如果Vance 不是大白男,是个小黄人儿。他在美国能不能有这样的逆袭人生。
noodlewo
7 楼
Walz大叔是够励志的,背景学历还有性格就是基本上每个中学/蓝领公司都有的那种特能说特讨人喜欢的大叔大爷
巴菲特小号2.0
8 楼
Kamala不普通,wal倒是挺接底气的
Harenough
9 楼
本科,硕士,博士常青藤毕业,就等于精英??
撒谎,无赖,流氓,不顾一切往上爬, 就是精英?

落地无声
10 楼
王力宏 发表于 2024-08-09 11:03

他的逆袭是thiel看中了他的hillbilly背景,把他当作一个项目来培养
王力宏
11 楼
落地无声 发表于 2024-08-09 11:07

小黄人儿能通过参军上Yale law school, 更重要的是还会被那些大律所看上吗?thiel 会看上小黄人儿吗?
olivia0216
12 楼
Vance是硅谷大佬peter thiel的puppet
墨染云烟
13 楼
落地无声 发表于 2024-08-09 11:07

我现在觉得Peter Thiel非常邪恶。
Livewell
14 楼
回复 9楼 Harenough 的帖子
不止是名校, 这两个人都在金融业, 不是普通人.
Livewell
15 楼
回复 8楼 巴菲特小号2.0 的帖子
Kamala事业不普通,但是出身是很普通的, 父母是普通老实中产移民, 和vance老婆家差不多, 家里没有背景. Kamala学历也非常一般.哪里都有的那种.
夜夜苦读
16 楼
反了
王力宏
17 楼
墨染云烟 发表于 2024-08-09 11:09
我现在觉得Peter Thiel非常邪恶。

那也是个Vance嘴里的childless cat lady
keetkeety
18 楼

当然不可能了,他本人就是美国‘白人至上’主义的代表,只要是白男,就有minority的家境好的女的和你在一起,事业也会发达。
keetkeety
19 楼
我现在觉得Peter Thiel非常邪恶。

右派的变态 不过说实话 硅谷这些有钱人 不论左倾还是右倾 都是变态
purplebasil
20 楼
我现在觉得Peter Thiel非常邪恶。

我很好奇的就是不管哪边都说有邪恶的背后黑手, 这里说是 Peter Thiel, 以前还有人说索罗斯是黑手 这些黑手为什么这么不小心 这么容易被人看见?
noodlewo
21 楼
keetkeety 发表于 2024-08-09 11:17

是的,只要是白的自动高人一等,藤校的白女看不上他,他老婆还有虎妈这样的高出生有色女性排队送温暖
BlueBonnetTX
22 楼
我现在觉得Peter Thiel非常邪恶。

Peter Thiel 招募年轻白男给他输血,他相信这样可以青春永驻 他还投了好几个biotech companies 专门给他研制长生不老 药
gokgs
23 楼
精英派, 平民派, 归根结底都是垃圾派。 美国的政客都是被背后的资本势力绑架, 成了傀儡。
美国政治是所谓的精英治国, 几亿人, 选几百个众议员, 100 个参议员, 一个总统, 这些所谓的精英们都干了些什么呢?
人人有医保了吗? 天天枪击结束了吗?边境非法移民减少了吗? 满地流浪汉减少了吗? 到处煽风点火停止了吗?
Cairotime
24 楼
普通人会为了往上爬去睡比自己大三十多岁的老头?别侮辱普通人好吗?!
MrUnionville
25 楼
精英个球,泼皮和正常人之争
Simpson2020
26 楼
回复 13楼 墨染云烟 的帖子
同感.. 是不是德国纳粹分子的后代?
Lamajia
27 楼
trump是精英????他的词汇量,逻辑能力,bully 能力能称得上是精英?
Lamajia
28 楼
Livewell 发表于 2024-08-09 11:13
回复 8楼 巴菲特小号2.0 的帖子
Kamala事业不普通,但是出身是很普通的, 父母是普通老实中产移民, 和vance老婆家差不多, 家里没有背景. Kamala学历也非常一般.哪里都有的那种.

人家爹只是死了,不是每个中产移民都能去stanford做到title professor
SalinaMing
29 楼
巴菲特小号2.0 发表于 2024-08-09 11:05
Kamala不普通,wal倒是挺接底气的

四个人里面对Walz最能relate to. 最厌恶Vance。假的恶心。
SalinaMing
30 楼
gokgs 发表于 2024-08-09 11:32
精英派, 平民派, 归根结底都是垃圾派。 美国的政客都是被背后的资本势力绑架, 成了傀儡。
美国政治是所谓的精英治国, 几亿人, 选几百个众议员, 100 个参议员, 一个总统, 这些所谓的精英们都干了些什么呢?
人人有医保了吗? 天天枪击结束了吗?边境非法移民减少了吗? 满地流浪汉减少了吗? 到处煽风点火停止了吗?

TRUE。
我只希望能有一个对美国华人damage尽可能小点的人上去。
Livewell
31 楼
回复 24楼 Cairotime 的帖子
你怎么知道这是为了爬上去呢? 也许是真的喜欢呢? 为什么willie brown 自己只做到了市长, 靠他爬上去的确做到了美国第一位女副总统? 你说她没本事, 只是靠一个local 的黑人政客爬到现在副总统位置和美国总统候选人? 能挖到的丑闻只有这个对于一个政客已经很难得了.
SalinaMing
32 楼
Lamajia 发表于 2024-08-09 11:38
trump是精英????他的词汇量,逻辑能力,bully 能力能称得上是精英?

表演能力确实可以算得上表演届的精英。
JCJCjicw
33 楼
真讽刺,老疯子和胖沙发居然是这场对阵中的"精英"一方,主要吸红脖子和种族主义者的选票。
王力宏
34 楼
noodlewo 发表于 2024-08-09 11:05
Walz大叔是够励志的,背景学历还有性格就是基本上每个中学/蓝领公司都有的那种特能说特讨人喜欢的大叔大爷

Vance也是每个500强都有的那种大白男。业务拿不出手。都不需要长得好看,就是个子高。这样的人天生leader,啥好事儿都是他的,升的比谁都快。
COA
35 楼

不知道逆袭是到什么程度,纽约是经常有洗发店大妈的儿子考上mit哈佛这种,这算逆袭吗?
Livewell
36 楼
回复 32楼 SalinaMing 的帖子
精英的是阶层不是个人能力. walz 的圈子都是平民, Vance 的有全世界最富有的几个人.
王力宏
37 楼
COA 发表于 2024-08-09 11:46
不知道逆袭是到什么程度,纽约是经常有洗发店大妈的儿子考上mit哈佛这种,这算逆袭吗?

那是因为华人能推娃。即使上了哈佛,几个小黄人儿能被大律所,能被thiel 看上。
yummy_agpr
38 楼
精英和平民不是问题,重要是看policy . FDR出身精英,里根出身平民,都是approval rating很高的总统。
Fhu
39 楼
王力宏 发表于 2024-08-09 11:46

甚至连所谓soft skills communication skills都不怎样,整天傻不拉即说的都是蠢话还不自知,但自带光环只要不是自闭眼睛不看人会自然打招呼就算是leadership
maaagiaaa2004
40 楼
Livewell 发表于 2024-08-09 10:48

拜登也是烂校
bighead12345
41 楼
我现在觉得Peter Thiel非常邪恶。

我现在觉得Peter Thiel非常邪恶。

我一直觉得Peter thiel很邪恶。 在他还没出柜的时候有网络媒体报道他是gay,他花巨资背后支持别人诉讼,把这家媒体给搞破产了。 后来他结婚了,还有个小男模情人,那个男模情人后来自杀了。Peter绝对的PUA高手!
Frcssa
42 楼
王力宏
43 楼
Frcssa 发表于 2024-08-09 13:00

这人魔障了,各个楼里头贴这个图。以为我们是川粉呢,见到个tampon就要变性。
sugeeamimi15
44 楼
Walz的演讲能力真的没说的,语言简单但直击要害。白痴vance相比而言好弱鸡。他们如果辩论Vance一败涂地
jestjet
45 楼
JD Vance is 5 feet 7 inches.
fadeintoyou
46 楼
王力宏 发表于 2024-08-09 11:46

真的 它就是工作中各种白男的即视感
fadeintoyou
47 楼
keetkeety 发表于 2024-08-09 11:17

我现在也不喜欢他老婆了 感觉judgement很差 跟这种人生活一辈子难以想象
王力宏
48 楼
sugeeamimi15 发表于 2024-08-09 13:19
Walz的演讲能力真的没说的,语言简单但直击要害。白痴vance相比而言好弱鸡。他们如果辩论Vance一败涂地

感觉walz 不介意自己的苦出身。Vance 是想利用自己的苦出身拼命挤进上流社会那股钻营凤凰劲儿。
whisperer
49 楼
王力宏 发表于 2024-08-09 13:59
感觉walz 不介意自己的苦出身。Vance 是想利用自己的苦出身拼命挤进上流社会那股钻营凤凰劲儿。

嗯 看着就像我们很接地气 很快乐 很自洽的白人老头邻居
千渔千寻
50 楼
回复 1楼 Livewell 的帖子
你忘了言论自犹了么?
什么精英草根都是骗韭菜的。
poinciana
51 楼
回复 1楼 Livewell 的帖子
只有从Trump University毕业的才能算精英,其它大学毕业的都不能算精英。
92m
52 楼
Democrats Have Needed Someone Like Tim Walz for Decades Aug. 7, 2024 Abbie Parr/Associated Press By Sarah Smarsh Ms. Smarsh is a journalist and the author of the forthcoming book “Bone of the Bone: Essays on America by a Daughter of the Working Class.” Sometimes on our farm a nice car would roll up the gravel driveway and a man in a slick suit would get out. He would either be trying to sell us something overpriced that we’d never buy, because of our limited means and common sense, or trying to buy something we’d never sell — namely land, about which my grandfather said, “You don’t get rid of it, because they don’t make any more of it.” This man would shake our hands before driving off. “Better count your fingers,” Grandpa Arnie would tell us and laugh. I’ve shared the story before to explain the gulf I’ve long felt between the essence of the rural white working poor who raised me — honest, flawed people who would welcome just about anyone into our home but a liar — and the red-hatted-fool avatar they’ve been assigned in national discourse. What a relief, then, to see emerge on the national stage the Minnesota governor and Democratic vice-presidential candidate Tim Walz, who embodies the earnest, humane, rural people who shaped me and the prairie populism that shaped the progressive foundations of the Great Plains. Mr. Walz went to a state college, taught public high school and went into government — more than a couple of class rungs above my grandfather, who in the 1940s left school after sixth grade to work the Kansas wheat fields with his German American dad. But when Mr. Walz smiles and his eyes disappear into a good-natured squint — say, while holding a piglet like a baby at a state fair — I see Grandpa Arnie. Sign up for the Opinion Today newsletter  Get expert analysis of the news and a guide to the big ideas shaping the world every weekday morning.  With due respect to political statistics, which convey real and important trends, the rural white working class is not a monolith. Among them remains a large and consequential minority of sensible people who even in their vulnerable economic state remain unmoved by charlatans blaming immigrants while amassing corporate wealth. In recent decades, the Democratic Party has made little direct appeal to them, such that Mr. Walz’s rural background seems downright transgressive on the top ticket. As evidence, some (often coastal) pundits now struggle to find a word for a vice-presidential pick raised in small-town Nebraska beyond “folksy,” since their language about his place of origin has for so long reflected geographic and class biases. “Trump country.” “One of the square states in the middle.” My grandfather died while I was a first-generation college student, but my grandma — a Bernie Sanders supporter who went on to vote for Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden — has commented more than once about how Donald Trump would’ve turned Grandpa Arnie’s stomach. Imagine if the type of person you most loathe became the symbol for your people and place. It has been, for me and so many others, excruciating. I winced when political spin and coastal media coverage made cruel words that my people would never speak and big trucks that they could never afford the dominant image of rural, working-class and poor whites. Meanwhile, as a journalist with a national platform who resides in rural Kansas, I repeatedly declined invitations to explain the Trump movement. I sensed the problematic ratings-driven fixation of television news networks, and my own family contains no more Trump voters than those of my friends who live in New York City and Los Angeles. Over the years, I did my best to offer another vision through my writing. Along the way, I occasionally engaged with the Democratic Party about rural issues in unpaid and unofficial ways. I offered guidance to a U.S. senator on rural policy, sat on a panel about rural issues for the House Democrats’ annual conference and was strongly urged to run for the U.S. Senate myself in 2018 after the publication of my memoir about my rural, working-poor upbringing in the heartland. I cannot say I left these experiences hopeful that the Democratic establishment would ever wake up and endeavor to speak to my demographic or even region. By selecting as her running mate Mr. Walz — who as a member of the U.S. House of Representatives rightly criticized the party for its coastal bias in naming the caucus’s leadership — Vice President Kamala Harris has changed the course of her party and perhaps our country. At her side, a son of Midwestern farm country can confidently and authentically speak the truths that neither Mr. Trump nor his running mate, JD Vance, will tell you: That for all the loud racism, homophobia and jingoism of today’s Republican Party — which indeed has dominated elections outside metropolitan areas — the real rural America is diverse, full of immigrants, people of color, gay and transgender people and native peoples, and even straight white folks who happily work and live alongside them. That reproductive rights, legal marijuana, public schools, paid medical and family leave, and background checks for gun purchases are supported by many voters across party lines, even in rural places that appear monochrome red on political maps. That farmers, ranchers and land stewards have a critical stake in addressing climate change, even if they don’t use the same language as environmental activists. That people in small towns are often hopeful, cooperative folks who find creative solutions to local problems and are ruled by a sense of responsibility to community rather than by a fear of those outside it. In conveying the dignity and reality of what is casually derided on the coasts as “flyover country,” Mr. Walz speaks plainly yet eloquently in the parlance of my place and thereby fills a decades-long geographic messaging gap for Democrats. He is also, clearly, a likable guy. What a delight to see a man who exemplifies my home at Ms. Harris’s side. What an absolute balm for my country heart. Having watched the thrilling and joyous Philadelphia rally at which Mr. Walz spoke for the first time as Ms. Harris’s running mate, I didn’t hear either candidate use the terms “working class” or “poverty”; “middle class,” the term beloved by Democratic politicians, seemed inaccurate and a missed opportunity in describing Mr. Walz’s background involving a town of fewer than 300 people, farm work, military enlistment and college via the G.I. Bill. But “rural” — yes, they claimed it, and it was not hollow as on other political stages. When news broke that Ms. Harris had picked Mr. Walz, my husband came inside covered in dirt from working on the tractor all morning. He saw a picture on my laptop of Mr. Walz in short sleeves. “Look at the color of his skin,” he observed. “It’s dark from being out in the sun.” Indeed there is a shade and texture to the forearms of my class that perhaps not even decades in elected office can undo. We both nodded approvingly. I think Grandpa would have nodded, too. Sarah Smarsh is a journalist and the author of the forthcoming book “Bone of the Bone: Essays on America by a Daughter of the Working Class” and “Heartland: A Memoir of Working Hard and Being Broke in the Richest Country on Earth.”
92m
53 楼
这篇真的很感动,贴几个评论
nctumit
54 楼

他认为自己是, 看他那沐猴而冠自我陶醉的样子,你就别浇他冷水了。
gutele
55 楼
普通人能做的就是积极投票,如果资本能左右政治,那还推出个傀儡干嘛,自己直接上得了
woainizenmeban
56 楼
至少打破名校滤镜。终于
英国也是
我也没有名校滤镜了
相关阅读
分享一下,MORENTO空气净化器Prime Day的好价又有了,64% OFF!2024年8月美国移民排期更新!请教:想节约定国内火车票的时间, 可以预先在TRIP.COM上上载护照吗?给国内老人买个手机,什么品牌好?6命抵1命,用蒸气熨斗霸凌同学致死,6名大学生全部被判绞刑2024年8月14-18日吉利根老师催眠线上授证课第三模块(附广州精英催眠营证书课程时间)狐狸台🦊刚刚报道了副总统Walz的黑料,是个彻头彻尾的communist最帅少林寺僧去世,才21岁2024年8月美国移民排期起个楼,乒乓男团决赛边看边聊一决雌雄:女子拳击🥊 中国杨柳对阵性别纠纷的Imane Khelif定了!川普正式获共和党全国大会提名 副总统候选人是他失业2个月找不到工作,蕉绿如果某男性情好,肯干家务带娃,还有一定观赏性,你肯养他吗?这四位女士,就看第一眼,你会对谁心动?推荐几件最近买的everlane 单品 (更新ing)2024年8月16-18日林文采心理营养亲子关系工作坊:育儿不费爹妈的秘诀!震撼登场:《九龙城寨之围城》8月9日北美上映揭开热血动作片序幕!刘晓庆的耳朵怎么这样?Peloton 全场6折,lululemon 合作款难得全部参加,价格非常好奥运是不是面子工程?从Waltz身上我能看到希望纽森亲自开始清理无家可归的人的帐篷了2024年8月29-9月3日广州 《精英催眠营》精品工作坊,成为你自己的催眠大师!小小家务事,该如何处理最新!川普正式成为总统候选人,80后的他为副总统候选人,有望成为最年轻副总统巴黎奥运会最新奖牌榜:美国奖牌数95,中国奖牌数702024中国候鸟式养老夏季栖息适宜度指数报告结合这两天的尸体买卖,想到去年看到煲汤骨钉新闻2024年8月美国绿卡排期:这类签证再次被预告倒退
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。