Redian新闻
>
【故国神游】Pre

【故国神游】Pre

renqiulan
楼主 (文学城)

In terms of public discourse, the pre-Qin period was all about letting a hundred schools of thought contend. It generated light, big time. But it generated heat, big time too. Does it sound like today's social media? You bet. Pre-Qin social media was as much a debate hall as a popularity-contest arena. Debaters could be rational to a fault. They could also be irrational to a tee. They targeted the powers that be. They never quite forgot the mass, though. How did they get their messages across? They tweeted. What they tweeted on were bamboo slips 竹简. They didn't have to worry about Big Tech censorship.

A bamboo slip carried words, elegantly written. It made a point, designed to be remembered and recited. It was slim in shape and light in weight, conveniently being passed around for messaging. In every town square, bamboo slip messengers would likely attract people's attention. A marketplace could easily turn into a media outlet broadcasting news and comments. Literate or illiterate, folks could have their share of what the hundred schools of thought had to say, until everyone was silenced by the First Emperor.

Speaking of the First Emperor, Qin's book-burning business was NOT a spectacular success. For one thing, a book made of bamboo slips could often be put together or put apart at short notice. This flexibility gave the banned books a new lease on life. 

Author: renqiulan 

Google Image

颤音
2 楼
Enjoy reading your prose, especially its flow and rhythm
renqiulan
3 楼
Thank you so much! Yes, I am a prose person.
王武
4 楼
Advising you not to blame Qin Emperior the First,

as the campaign of burning books and burying Confucians is arguable------Mao Ze Dong

renqiulan
5 楼
Please bring him up here and let me debate him. Hahaha!
renqiulan
6 楼
When it comes to English, I am not a poetry person.
shuier
7 楼
+100
shuier
8 楼
You have a good sense of humor.
颤音
9 楼
so rare a person can focus and excel on different forms

of writing in two different languages, at ease, I wouldn't believe it if told by others

shuier
10 楼
Wow! It would take ages for me to tweet you this way.
renqiulan
11 楼
I just happen to be bilingual.
renqiulan
12 楼
Would you like to write something on a bamboo slip?
shuier
13 楼
With a brush?
renqiulan
14 楼
How about a carving knife?
shuier
15 楼
Carving a bamboo slip? You must be kidding me.
颤音
16 楼
inconvenient truth :-)
renqiulan
17 楼
I am serious.
shuier
18 楼
OK. Send me a blank bamboo slip.
renqiulan
19 楼
You just called my bluff. OK. You win.
shuier
20 楼
So much for carving a bamboo slip. Hahahahahaha
王武
21 楼
啊,水儿说的是秋兰吧:)
AP33912
22 楼
i got hundreds of bamboo growing in my yards, I may carve 江水兰som
AP33912
23 楼
sonething and haha on my bamboo and show up here....
AP33912
24 楼
i think rasier ti carve 中文 ,英文has more curves, harder to carve.
AP33912
25 楼
easier to carve chinese.
AP33912
26 楼
as shown here-- easier to get english typo.
lovecat08
27 楼
以前的竹简书,都得用牛车来运。
lovecat08
28 楼
秦的宰相创造了篆体,书在竹简上分享,珍贵。
lovecat08
29 楼
商晚期的甲骨文,更是珍贵。商代文字上承原始刻符號,下啟西周文字,是漢字發展的關鍵形態
花似鹿葱
30 楼
小R总有独特视角,学习了!
renqiulan
31 楼
Good idea! Pls tweet me with all the bamboo slips. Thanks!
renqiulan
32 楼
That's an excellent point. Thanks, AP!
renqiulan
33 楼
猫姐早安!对。书写文字一路简化。
renqiulan
34 楼
花姐早安!先秦时代哪来推特?只想強调百家争鸣,势必带动文字交往,因而也推动信息传播科技。
renqiulan
35 楼
水儿是向王武先生说的。她不爱赞我的,哈。
lovecat08
36 楼
秋兰,标题党。秦的推特,也把秦始皇的帐户3了,他进不去推特了。哈!
renqiulan
37 楼
有一位主席给秦皇大赞特赞呢。鲁迅也为秦皇说过好话。我则认为中国皇帝统一江山,历来都是无所不用其极的。话说回来,灭秦者秦也
相关阅读
先秦时期推特 (Twitter or twittering) 又回来了北京警方通报男子挟持学生事件【冯站长说安全】2023年6月12日秋兰,六月活动【故国神游】,从美东的6月1号0点算起吗?【故国神游】《忽忆镇江金山寺》2023回国 中国经济的现状令人堪忧。。。【故国神游】江南。。。 “那都是很好很好的,可是我偏不喜欢。”【故国神游】中国梦,魂魄与同学聚会苏珊米勒每日运势2023年6月12日道人笔记(六十九)良贾深藏若虚,君子盛德若愚《心中的那片竹海》&《和光同尘》大陆旅游误入的"国宾馆"- 其他5049 血壮山河之武汉会战 鏖战幕府山 18一龙终于亲口承认了,twitter revenue 比收购前跌了超过80%,裁员增效增了个寂寞2023年6月12日物联网新闻Twitter经典蓝鸟“飞了”?!Twitter从logo到域名全被马斯克全部改为“X”?六月活动【故国神游】2023年6月12日历史上的今天沉痛哀悼彭慧敏主任一生只缺桃花运2023年6月12日(周一)冯站长之家三分钟晚间新闻【故国神游】夜宿山寺窗外就是欧·亨利【故国神游】《念奴娇:怀我诗乡》2023年6月12日价格早报我不想做房东叫板移民官---出国面试【故国神游】夏天恋情【故国神游】香港,珍宝海鲜舫【故国神游】七绝 · 过鲁南 五首【故国神游】《临江仙:花都》依韵拙和水儿BetterRead两娃月度书单(2023年6月)【故国神游】过苏州【故国神游】《临江仙:多瑙河》2023年6月12日医疗晨报【故国神游】旧的,一段梦,故事的一段,也算是我梦游自己的第二故乡新奥尔良【故国神游】海参崴【故国神游】过镇江游金山寺【故国神游】梦回金陵五题 · 其一【冯站长之家】2023年6月12日(周一)三分钟新闻早餐【故国神游】立尽斜阳
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。