>
APAD: While there's life there's hope.

APAD: While there's life there's hope.

7grizzly
楼主 (文学城)

Meaning: As long as you are alive, there is hope as your situation may improve

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This saying was found in antiquity.

Millennia later, Tolstoy expounded: "Life is everything. Life is God.

Everything changes and moves and that movement is God. And while there is life

there is joy in consciousness of the divine. To love life is to love God. Harder

and more blessed than all else is to love this life in one's sufferings, in

innocent sufferings."

He mentioned dukkah and missed hope. He could be a Buddhist :-)

盈盈一笑间
2 楼
占位点赞。看标题,瞬间想到余华的小说《活着》。
暖冬cool夏
3 楼
True! 留得青山在 不怕没柴烧.
唐宋韵
4 楼
如果病榻上的老者已经来日不多,这碗鸡汤还能给他喝吗?如果不能,
唐宋韵
5 楼
I wonder what would be the best words of comfort.
方外居士
6 楼
好死不如赖活
盈盈一笑间
7 楼
查了一下,托尔斯泰自称是基督徒,但其实是宗教异见者。
7grizzly
8 楼
Love the movie.
7grizzly
9 楼
That's a great translation.
7grizzly
10 楼
That'll sound like sarcasm :-)
7grizzly
11 楼
No idea. But I sure hope I won't need any word of comfort

when the end comes :-)

Bertrand Russell, the smug bastard, wrote something which was included in the New Concept English 4.

"How to grow old" was the title, I think.

7grizzly
12 楼
Up to a point. Yes.
7grizzly
13 楼
You've got him, chief!
妖妖灵
14 楼
就按字面翻:活着就是希望
7grizzly
15 楼
Yes. Take real good care of that living temple :-)
TJKCB
16 楼
There is hope, so there is life: Not other around Tolstoy

There is hope, so there is life; not the other way around, like Tolstoy (TJKCB notes)

While Tolstoy eloquently explores the profound depths of life, it's essential to recognize that hope, like a guiding light, contributes to our resilience and the belief that circumstances can improve. In the tapestry of life, hope weaves a thread that connects us to the possibility of a brighter tomorrow. So, in the face of suffering and challenges, holding onto hope becomes a beacon that not only sustains us but also propels us forward on the journey of life.

The positive outlook that hope can bring to life is a perspective that focuses on the potential for improvement and the resilience that hope can provide in challenging circumstances.

In response to Tolstoy's perspective, which acknowledges the depth of life, the divine, and the acceptance of suffering, my line could be seen as a complement. While Tolstoy delves into the profound aspects of existence, my statement adds another layer by highlighting the driving force of hope, suggesting that hope itself is a vital component of our experience of life.

7grizzly
17 楼
Confusing logic. Sorry. I confess. I was a 理科生 :-)
相关阅读
APAD: Rob Peter to pay PaulSingle parent有未成年孩子是否应该选公司提供的最高额voluntary life plan coverage说实话,我不鼓励孩子太早enjoy life。【ERP全职Offer】Value Wholesaler录用Offer!|求职战报“The rest of our life” 一首不错的乡村歌曲APAD: Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Happiness2008春 欧洲印象 9 佛罗伦萨相逢在葡萄牙:阳光在 温暖在APAD: There is no frigate like a book战国故事《定风波》卷二(28):孤山折扣来袭!2023年10月14日-15日周末,PERA 悉尼新秀丽箱包特卖会,等你来!享受最低三折起的超值优惠!Coles 11月15日-11月21日打折,哈根达斯、防晒霜半价克罗地亚克尔卡国家公园(Krka National Park),瀑布公园手机友情提醒一句,别买whole life insurance三文魚洄遊跳龙门 Port Hope fish ladder夜深了,想女人了Hope (Hatikvah)sense of humor before life and death.我们不知道的林肯之一:刚听完了And there was lightt allocate \'key decision making positions\' to people who lack好的老师可以改变人的一生Coles 11月15日-11月21日打折图册If there's no bread, let's have cake(没有面包,那就吃蛋糕吧)APAD: There's nothing new under the sun如祺出行、飞天兆业,拟香港/美国上市,备案补充材料要求(2023年10月7日—2023年10月12日)证监会对4家企业拟香港/美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月5日—2024年1月11日)Woolworths 11月15日-11月21日打折,饺子、猪肉包、油半价【上海美国中心活动】福布斯兄弟与早期中国贸易的故事系列线上讲座,11月3日,11月10日,11月17日19:00上海飞天神女的招魂幡思乡之旅 —— 不为观光的远行(三)Woolworths 11月15日-11月21日打折图册Hope breathes in life,not留得青山在不怕没柴烧青柠檬的表皮散发着一股微妙的清香,谁敢品尝它酸酸的滋味From the sparkle in her eyes to the starlit open skies You bringThere's Safety in Numbers+一句新闻中译英再见洛城(14)Life is like a road and a bookchì rè?zhì rè?千词万字“返场赛”来了!【一句话翻译】There's Safety in Numbers大家都买 life insurance吗?
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。