Be kind

最西边的岛上
楼主 (文学城)

最近看到孙博士流浪美国街头的故事,很为其感叹和可惜。

我们这里是加拿大比较暖和的地方,今年冬天还没有下过雪,草地和往年冬天一样依旧葱绿,房门口的红茶花已经自己决定进入春天开始绽放。

不过因为暖和,这里,特别是在Downtown,也有不少(homeless)流浪者,而且疫情以来数目一直在慢慢增加。本地的媒介对此有不少讨论。不久前我在本地reddit网站里也参加了一次讨论。下面是我的一个post there, titled "Be kind"

=========================

One warm day this summer. We went cycling on our regular 25km downtown route.  We stopped half way and sat on the bench near Vancouver@Rockland for a chocolate break. An ordinary looking and quiet man was sitting on the next bench and we offered him a piece. He hesitated first, then thanked us politely and started telling us that he was there visiting his son, and his story of becoming homeless recently and how he was trying to maintain his dignity through the ordel.

We listened to him but couldn't find many right words to say, other than a nod of sympathy. This gentleman's story told us that life is very complicated and anyone, ourselves included, could run into tough times. A few kind words and even a small piece of chocolate would warm one's heart during those trying periods.

==================================

Thanks for reading.

盈盈一笑间
2 楼
Life is tough sometimes . This guy tried to maintain dignity
盈盈一笑间
3 楼
Sounds sad. Hope he may get back to normal life someday.
盈盈一笑间
4 楼
There are many reasons for living on the streets.
盈盈一笑间
5 楼
In addition to mental problems, many are due to drug abuse
青松站
6 楼
There is an old saying"leave no one behind"-,,

with a vpice saying "this could be me,us -,

We are all in this together-,..

青松站
7 楼
盈盈和樓主新年好-,跟個歌詞版的"芭比"-:&-祝好-;)),-問好-:))。。

Never give up-:))..

最西边的岛上
8 楼
U are correct. Also there is a new unfortunate trend here:

the working homeless due to high rent. 

最西边的岛上
9 楼
谢谢。
最西边的岛上
10 楼
Yes, but it's getting harder and harder ...
唐宋韵
11 楼
I feel sorry for Dr. Sun, whose mental disorders was not
唐宋韵
12 楼
addressed promptly, leading to executive function problem...
7grizzly
13 楼
Everyone is fighting a battle I know nothing about.
暖冬cool夏
14 楼
other than a nod of sympathy. +1,好句!
方外居士
15 楼
Not sure which report I should trust. But dignity should be
方外居士
16 楼
respected.
最西边的岛上
17 楼
He is a person in need, only if he had a good friend then .
最西边的岛上
18 楼
sigh ...
最西边的岛上
19 楼
谢谢暖冬!learned by reading, and keep reading and learning ...
最西边的岛上
20 楼
For sure. He didn't want to go to the homeless shelter

because of the bullies and the drug dealers there.

唐宋韵
21 楼
Friends couldn't help. He needed a shrink, believe me...
相关阅读
周末连续创PR、海上日落如果你有幽门螺杆菌但没症状,千万不要随意服药杀菌繁花里宝总与强总之争,让人想到2015年的股灾和2018年创业板上市证监会对4家企业拟香港上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月12日—2024年1月18日)【故事新编】有待验证请大家帮我看看换新楼梯这个quote怎么样说说我知道的读law school的出路我防治呼吸道感染的做法2023年12月8日医疗晨报【广州美国中心活动】《珊瑚礁救援 》电影放映和讨论,2024年1月18日,星期四,晚上7:00-9:00据传秦刚因向美透露中国核机密,而被习大大以“间谍罪”处决雪芝居然情绪价值:2023年12月8日历史上的今天周一烧脑:奸夫淫妇再问个楼梯的问题【冯站长之家】2023年12月8日(周五)三分钟新闻早餐证监会对4家企业拟香港/美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月5日—2024年1月11日)巴勒斯坦的阿拉伯人并不是巴勒斯坦地区的所谓原住民【固定收益】1月票据利率或将震荡攀升——2024年1月票据市场月报球场苍鹭吟现代文明和近代中国 (目录链接)加拿大的居委会主任尔湾旁边的Lake Forest怎么样?亲见一位活得久且活得好的典范【忽然看到】孙博士,年轻照比明星还帅!看看俺们这雪有多大佛州还是麻州证监会对6家企业拟香港/美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月19日—2024年1月25日)蕙莲 第十一章不比不知道一比吓一跳hé bàng?hé bèng?繁花上海版观后6046 血壮山河 卢沟桥之变 15漫步古城 - 远离嘈杂,安安静静享受亲情、友情APAD:a friend in need is a friend indeed不管世界怎么变,我选择快乐红色日记 新的一年 1975年 26岁 1.1-15证监会对1家企业拟美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月26日—2024年2月1日)尼罗河系列
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。