Redian新闻
>
a stream of thoughts from Super Bowl

a stream of thoughts from Super Bowl

颤音
楼主 (文学城)

Where does the stream flow into? Music, of course, for an obvious reason. We witnessed a "marriage" between football (TK) and music (TS). Pop music, to be precise. I heard a hierarchy among musicians. The classic look down on Jazz, the jazz look down on the rock, the rock look down on the pop. I know little about music, so I ask my son's opinions on TS. He is a teen and follows football and music. He learns piano privates and jazz trumpet from school. He is also composing a piece of music for a club project at school. Those are his credentials. To my surprise he doesn't think highly of TS. He isn't impressed by her songs at all, either her music or her voice. I asked him to list his favorite singers. He brought up Laufey, a Jazz singer. She's half Chinese and half Icelandic. He played her songs to me. I like her songs. She reminds me of Nora Jones. Just days after our conversation, Laufey won the traditional pop vocal album category at Grammy. Here is the link to her award wining song. 

Undoutedly my son is biased. He loves Jazz. He even persuaded his piano teacher, an old Russian lady to teach him two pieces of Rag piano, a sibling of Jazz piano. Here is the link to his performance. He recorded his play at home and posted it on YouTube because he had to do so to submit it for a student competition in our town during the peak of COVID. His teacher complained about his casual appearance. Luckily the judges focused on music and awarded him the 1st place in his age group. 

盈盈一笑间
2 楼
a stream of thoughts from Super Bowl to music
盈盈一笑间
3 楼
Taylor Swift’s influence ~ ~
盈盈一笑间
4 楼
Your son plays the piano very well. Adorable ~ ~
永远老李
5 楼
音乐家们有个鄙视链,是吧?

球迷的链子或者口味与那些音乐家不太一样。SUPER BOWL HALF TIME SHOW的风格适合某一类歌星或者表演,也许与那些高大上的并不吻合。

Football fans want to see fast paced dancing and hearing blood boiling songs. Piano or violin are only good for weekend music class for kids. LOL. 

7grizzly
6 楼
"All the women are strong, all the men are good-looking, and

all the children are above average." - Garrison Keillor

最西边的岛上
7 楼
赞! Not about theSuper Bowl which I've no clue, but your son!
方外居士
8 楼
A talented son!
蓝灵
9 楼
This post is music to my ears.
颤音
10 楼
Thx yingying
颤音
11 楼
Hahaha
颤音
12 楼
A good quote
颤音
13 楼
Thx
颤音
14 楼
Thx
颤音
15 楼
Thx,listento, not face the music :D
godog
16 楼
I didn't see a super bowl, I saw a super boy:))
renqiulan
17 楼
+1
renqiulan
18 楼
A proud dad's touchdown, figuratively speaking.
盈盈一笑间
19 楼
妙语!
盈盈一笑间
20 楼
+100086
相关阅读
外企春招丨Thoughtworks思特沃克2024春招开启,小而美外企,带薪哺乳假,多样福利,适合留学生Super Bowl 2024:49ers vs Chiefs2023虽然过的不尽人意但是也要总结一下!《再见,布里诺斯艾利斯》TEMU 真历害,在Spuer Bowl 上做广告了英伟达 RTX 4080 SUPER GPU 跑分出炉:OpenCL 测试比非 SUPER 版高 7%2024春节算是过好了吧?大家龙年大吉哈。每顿一样小菜汇报。【龙年卜卦】Neuralink, Superhuman or Super slave【新春对对碰】《爱一点》ft. 洛丽塔弄了个 Super Duolingo 家庭计划 (应该已满, 等会一一会短信)给CA55一些建议Inspired by Winter: A Spinach我的初中(二):安得广厦千万间大家看看什么叫遥遥领先!Super ball, 挺无聊美股基本面 - 2023_12_31 * 晨报 * 一入江湖岁月催!心中有基本,临危不慌张。新年快乐,来年再战。我的生酮饮食的前因后果[评测]ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB GDDR6X OCSuper Bowl观战指南及其讨论关于朱令铊中毒的一点讨论Breaking: Super Bowl Parade Shooting两首《万家灯火》最快十分钟通关!厦门实施!24-hour visa-free transit through Xiamen Gaoqi给裸根兰花安家,一起新年快乐作别流年[评测]ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4080 Super 16GB GDDR6X OC Edition德彪西的音乐图像:引言给小个子的M M 推一件A R IT Z I A 羽绒服 Super snug puff想问一个关于自住房的选址问题。 请大家踊跃发表意见。In Northeast China, Tourists From the South Spark a Winter BoomHow People With Disabilities Are Confronting the Future of WorkOver 70% of Trip.com Staff Choose Working From HomeA City in Bloom: Shanghai Through the ’90s哥伦布大道的荣耀【小冲浪说】Super annoying!小青家的好像和篱笆有啥不对固定收益 | 【REITs深度观察】产权型REITs承压下跌,四季度运营边际走弱——(公募REITs2024年2月报)嫉妒的心灵不美丽回国札记之十一:亲身体验地坛庙会明天登台SUPER BOWL,真心没觉得Taylor Swifts的歌有多好听,搞不懂那么多人喜欢她?
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。