And I see that my own hands can make
The world that's in my mind.
Then let us hurry, comrades,
The road to find.

Source: Poetry (January 2009)

About the author
Langston Hughes | Poetry Foundation

【活动说明】
欣赏了诗歌之后,欢迎大家在跟帖里对诗歌进行点评,分享读后感。本活动主要是为大家提供一个阅读英文诗歌的窗口,以赏诗为主,不要求写诗。如果大家偶尔灵感闪现,有感而发地想要写写诗的话,大家可以尝试用相同的或者相关的诗歌标题,写出不一样的英文诗,在赏诗写诗的过程中自娱自乐。写出来的英文诗如果愿意分享的话,欢迎以主帖或者跟帖的方式分享。谢谢大家的关注和支持!

Let's get some learning from the fun and get some fun from the learning!

更多我的博客文章>>> 《Dragon 龙》 【Poem Reading Tuesday】I look at the world by Langston Hughes 《Valentine's Day without a Valentine》《没有情人的情人节》 Owl and Nightingale 【Poem Reading Tuesday】Meeting at an Airport by Taha Muhammad Ali
CBA7
2 楼
Happy Tuesday! 欢迎大家在跟帖里对诗歌进行点评,分享读后感。
盈盈一笑间
3 楼
Happy Tuesday! 谢谢小西!今天特别忙,抱歉来晚了。:)
盈盈一笑间
4 楼
And I see that my own hands can make The world that's in my
盈盈一笑间
5 楼
mind. Then let us hurry, comrades, The road to find.
盈盈一笑间
6 楼
很喜欢这句!多谢分享好诗。:))
CBA7
7 楼
盈盈好,没关系。Happy Tuesday! Happy reading!
CBA7
8 楼
You're welcome. I'm glad you like it.
甜虫虫
9 楼
Is this poem about racial oppression and injustice?
甜虫虫
10 楼
I like the last stanza. It’s uplifting!
godog
11 楼
A lot of positivity! Thanks for sharing
moonlight7
12 楼
look at my own body, find my own road!
CBA7
13 楼
Yes, you got it!
CBA7
14 楼
It's about identity, oppression, justice, and freedom.
CBA7
15 楼
Me too!
CBA7
16 楼
Thank you for reading and commenting.
CBA7
17 楼
That's very important and that's this poem about!
CBA7
18 楼
ChatGPT 的诗歌分析,供大家参考,详见里面:

I look at the world
by Langston Hughes

I look at the world
From awakening eyes in a black face—
And this is what I see:
This fenced-off narrow space   
Assigned to me.

I look then at the silly walls
Through dark eyes in a dark face—
And this is what I know:
That all these walls oppression builds
Will have to go!

I look at my own body   
With eyes no longer blind—
And I see that my own hands can make
The world that's in my mind.
Then let us hurry, comrades,
The road to find.

ChatGPT Poem Analysis:

This poem by Langston Hughes, titled "I Look at the World," is a poignant exploration of identity, oppression, and the power of self-realization and action. Let's break it down stanza by stanza:

The speaker begins by describing their perspective on the world through "awakening eyes in a black face." This line immediately establishes a sense of racial consciousness and suggests a personal awakening to the realities of their existence. The "fenced-off narrow space" symbolizes the constraints and limitations imposed upon them by society due to their race.

In the second stanza, the speaker reflects on the barriers and boundaries they face ("silly walls") through the lens of their racial identity ("dark eyes in a dark face"). Despite these obstacles, the speaker asserts a profound understanding that oppression is temporary and that these walls will inevitably be dismantled.

The third stanza shifts focus to the speaker's own body and the realization that their hands have the power to shape the world according to their vision. This reflects a sense of agency and empowerment, contrasting with the earlier portrayal of confinement and oppression.

The concluding stanza calls for action ("let us hurry, comrades") in pursuit of a better world. The use of "comrades" suggests solidarity and collective struggle against oppression. The urgency conveyed in the final line, "The road to find," underscores the importance of actively working towards liberation and change.

Overall, the poem captures the journey from awakening consciousness to empowered action, emphasizing the importance of self-awareness, resilience, and collective effort in the face of oppression. Hughes's use of vivid imagery and concise language effectively conveys the complexities of identity and the struggle for freedom and equality.

甜虫虫
19 楼
Right! True freedom can only be achieved through knowing who
甜虫虫
20 楼
You really are.
妖妖灵
21 楼
Stay positive!Nice rhyming!
CBA7
22 楼
I know, you like shorter poems with nice rhyming :)
颤音
23 楼
do we need walls?
CBA7
24 楼
It depends on what kinds of walls you're talking about. :)
小鱼无双
25 楼
impressive! 谢谢小西分享!
小鱼无双
26 楼
这是我第一次读休斯的诗,他让我想起了马丁.路德.金
盈盈一笑间
27 楼
欢迎来美坛玩。问好。
相关阅读
【Poem Reading Tuesday】The rain &“Figurative language”答案更新美坛活动【Poem Reading Tuesday】My Doggy Ate My Essay by Darren Sardel嫉妒的心灵不美丽The interestingness of AI in the eye of a beholder【Poem Reading Tuesday】Pippa's Song by Robert Browning鸿发超市「2000 万美元」买下82街前Walmart超市!开设第4家Hông Phát分店!美股基本面 - 2023_12_31 * 晨报 * 一入江湖岁月催!心中有基本,临危不慌张。新年快乐,来年再战。作别流年俄知名军事博主Murz自杀前留下遗书,只因2条实话触怒权贵:1.俄军在阿夫杰耶夫伤亡惨不忍睹,2.乌军有序撤退,伤亡不大【Poem Reading Tuesday】Aliens by Amy LowellThe Shanghai Temple Offering Noodles for the SoulAI早知道|Hugging Face聊天助手上线 ;美图宣布2.85亿元收购站酷;Poe推出了Image Remix新功能The Firefighter Documenting Sichuan’s Plateau Forest Fires我的初中(二):安得广厦千万间Out in the Cold: In Northeast China, a Season of Wild Extremes美坛活动:【Poem Tuesday】关于朱令铊中毒的一点讨论昨天去home Depot 买些东西,帮孩子家修理,看到小东西都被收起来,要找店员开,好麻烦,店员也不够等很久才来,店员APAD: A cat may look at a king《再见,布里诺斯艾利斯》达妹的new look:胸部有些塌,不过显然没有人工填充物,但若想走欧系文艺路线,建议去略微缩小罩杯Meta is working on an AI wristband that can read brain signa【Poem Reading Tuesday】Sonnet 116 by William Shakespeare2023虽然过的不尽人意但是也要总结一下!【Poem Reading Tuesday】In Praise of Mystery: A Poem for Europa给裸根兰花安家,一起新年快乐【Poem Reading Tuesday】Fire and Ice by Robert Frost美坛活动【Poem Reading Tuesday】Snow by Frederick Seideldá àn jiē xiǎo 🥳德彪西的音乐图像:引言纽约州-Avenues The World School 爱文纽约世界学校从非退休帐户(非401,IRA)卖股取钱,家庭收入$94050以下不用交税。这对退休人士非常友好。不要老想放钱到退休账户Huawei rolls out ultrafast EV chargers in China, taking on TExtreme Weather Battered China in 2023. This Year Could Be WorseA City in Bloom: Shanghai Through the ’90s【Poem Reading Tuesday】all the time I pray to Buddha by KobayashiAPAD: Look down your nose大家看看这个死老太婆污蔑中国的言论,我回复一段日本二战时期侵华和入侵东南亚国家屠杀几千万平民,让世界不要忘记日本吃原子弹【Poem Reading Tuesday】Meeting at an Airport by Taha Muhammad Ali两首《万家灯火》
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。