And day's at the morn; 
Morning's at seven; 
The hill-side's dew-pearl'd; 
The lark's on the wing; 
The snail's on the thorn; 
God's in His heaven,
All's right with the world!

This poem is in the public domain.

Robert Browning (1812 - 1889) was an English poet and playwright.  Born to supportive, educated parents with a keen appreciation for the arts, he was a bright and eager student who loved and wrote poetry before ever reaching his teens.  Recognition and publication were a long time in coming; though Robert's dramatic monologues are today considered brilliant and he is recognized as one of the 19th century's most prominent poets, he endured much criticism during his lifetime.  He fell in love with fellow poet Elizabeth Barrett and, against her father's wishes, they eloped to Italy and remained there until Elizabeth's death.     【活动说明
欣赏了诗歌之后,欢迎大家在跟帖里对诗歌进行点评,分享读后感。本活动主要是为大家提供一个阅读英文诗歌的窗口,以赏诗为主,不要求写诗。如果大家偶尔灵感闪现,有感而发地想要写写诗的话,大家可以尝试用相同的或者相关的诗歌标题,写出不一样的英文诗,在赏诗写诗的过程中自娱自乐。写出来的英文诗如果愿意分享的话,欢迎以主帖或者跟帖的方式分享。谢谢大家的关注和支持!

Let's get some learning from the fun and get some fun from the learning!

更多我的博客文章>>> Women's History Month 【新春对对碰】爱的礼物 ft. 丽丽 Rainbow Affair 我也和一个: Snow Wild Mushrooms + 采蘑菇的小姑娘
甜虫虫
2 楼
小西 is on break this week. She asked me to cover for her,.
甜虫虫
3 楼
I hope you like this little song I picked for this week :)
妖妖灵
4 楼
谢谢虫虫主持赏诗活动!Rhyming恰到好处。歌声居然这么高大上:)
甜虫虫
5 楼
Rhyming pattern: ABCD ABCD。 是呢, 这首歌竟然是这样的。我也是吃了一惊:)
妖妖灵
6 楼
而且每一句都是5个音节~ 太工整了
7grizzly
7 楼
Now I know where the last two verses came from. Thank you!
最西边的岛上
8 楼
Wow the soprano voice is soPowerful! 忘了谁说的:能被传唱的诗一定是首好诗。谢分享
甜虫虫
9 楼
This little poem is not just neat, it's very comforting too.
甜虫虫
10 楼
When one feels down and out, this poem

might give him/her a comforting feeling.

Everything is all right. No matter how messed up things are, we can start again. Anytime is a right time to restart. It's an uplifting song. 

The year's at the spring, 
And day's at the morn; 
Morning's at seven; 
The hill-side's dew-pearl'd; 
The lark's on the wing; 
The snail's on the thorn; 

甜虫虫
11 楼
You know a lot! I thought those two verses look familiar:)
甜虫虫
12 楼
我是看到这首诗后才知道有这首歌:)谢谢读贴
7grizzly
13 楼
I first read them in 'Anne of Green Gables,' 20 years ago!
甜虫虫
14 楼
I see. I watched the movie. It's a good one
甜虫虫
15 楼
Pippa is the main character in Browning's verse drama,

Pippa Passes.

She is a young, blamess silk-winding girl. She wanders innoecently through the enviros of Asolo, attributig kindness and virtue to the people she passes. She sings as she goes, her song influencing others to act for the good-or, at least, reminding them of the existence of a moral order.

暖冬cool夏
16 楼
God's governing is flawless. 这歌唱得像歌剧:)谢谢虫虫分享!
甜虫虫
17 楼
Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts! 我也觉得像歌剧咏叹调
甜虫虫
18 楼
Here are a couple of comments from readers,

-- I have always love this poem.  Every day we get another chance to make everything right.  Each day is a fresh start and all the past is gone. All that matters is the beginning, the newness of each day to do with as we will. Jul 2014 
-- Sixty-four years ago I was 615 miles from home in strange surroundings and on my first job. My landlady had a framed copy of this poem hanging on the wall in my bedroom. It helped me thru a lonely time! I had been trying to recall it for the past several days. Thank you for making it available.
godog
19 楼
Nice pick. Interesting to read. Such a high pitch song.
moonlight7
20 楼
顾城有首诗:草在结它的种子 风在摇它的叶子,意境很像!
妖妖灵
21 楼
Something unpleasant is actually a blessing in disguise!
甜虫虫
22 楼
I'm glad you think it's interesting to read. 这首歌确实出乎意料:)
甜虫虫
23 楼
这两句的意境还真跟这首诗有点像,谢谢分享
甜虫虫
24 楼
Sometimes it is! Every cloud has a silver lining :)
甜虫虫
25 楼
Spring's Awakening - A Bug's Song 随手写了几句:)

Spring's Awakening - A Bug's Song
by Sweetbug

The grass's green
The stream's murmuring
Trees're bud bursting
Flowers're blooming
Butterflies're on the wing
Ladybugs're emerging
Everything's awakening
To a world flourishing

妖妖灵
26 楼
怎么最近看不到盈盈了?是太忙吗?问候一声!
妖妖灵
27 楼
Such a nice poem!Sounds like a painting!应该发主帖让更多朋友看到:)
妖妖灵
28 楼
我今天刚刚和同事说过那句谚语,觉得自己的英文表达比以前地道好多啊,开森不已:)
甜虫虫
29 楼
You like it :) I'm glad. Thank you! Spring has sprung

It's so full life and hope. I'm loving it :)

甜虫虫
30 楼
盈盈是不是度假去了?真想这个季节回国。这个季节,我的家乡很美
甜虫虫
31 楼
是呢,能看出来你的英文表达确实地道多了。真棒!就是要边学边用,否则就容易忘了
godog
32 楼
同问。还以为你知道她去哪儿了呢。希望一切都好。
小鱼无双
33 楼
谢谢虫虫的分享!这是一首多么让人舒服的小诗,多半是勃朗宁遇到伊丽莎白后写的:D
小鱼无双
34 楼
回春的大自然是上帝给我们最美的馈赠。。。这首歌演绎得象百灵一样,跟诗里那种欣快和生机勃勃契合得很好。
甜虫虫
35 楼
"回春的大自然是上帝给我们最美的馈赠", 说得真好!谢谢小鱼读贴和分享你的感受
甜虫虫
36 楼
我刚才去查了一下,哈哈。他的这首诗是在1841 年写的。他在1845年5/20见到伊丽莎白。是不是很浪漫啊:)
相关阅读
陈数湖北大冶人保持利他的心像幫我一樣讓更多人擁抱善良!【Poem Reading Tuesday】In Praise of Mystery: A Poem for EuropaCounterfeit Canadian toonie case, laughed my head off【Poem Reading Tuesday】I look at the world by Langston HughesColes 3月20日-3月26日打折,鱿鱼条、茉莉米、品客上新半价【听歌练听力 】If (Bread song)【Downtown轻奢公寓】345 Harrison【Emerson/Suffolk/Chinatown步行可达】Woolworths 3月20日-3月26日打折,梦龙半价,洗碗块4折孩子的姓被念成美式发音 你纠正别人吗 你小孩纠正别人吗 例子”宋” 姓念成 “丧 Song” “龙”姓念成”狼Long”More Graduates Are Taking Jobs in Small Cities, Report Finds《尘封档案》拾遗之044:黄金失窃案【Poem Reading Tuesday】Sonnet 116 by William ShakespeareMade in China. A PoemJust took a pic. Would u like to write a poem, a proverb orDiscovering Shanghai’s Jiangnan Culture Through Ancient TownsProperty to Virtual Goods, More Young Chinese Are Drafting WillsCloud, Rain, and Water down the Mountain ( a poem)新泽西州印度教寺庙,好奇多多《唐宋韵》64.《凉州词二首·其一 》王之涣 Liangzhou Song【Poem Reading Tuesday】Aliens by Amy Lowell五绝二首 & A Short Poem家事和家暴 (小小说)hé bàng?hé bèng?【Poem Reading Tuesday】The rain &“Figurative language”答案更新【Poem Reading Tuesday】We wear the mask 英文诗有“平仄”吗?【Poem Reading Tuesday】The Star 英文诗和英文歌的节奏有关系吗宰字源考美坛活动【Poem Reading Tuesday】My Doggy Ate My Essay by Darren Sardel园里如歌,园里如画【免中介+免两月】【那些年我们住不到的房源】【波士顿中心天际线】【【精致奢华】【近绿线】【Downtown/Chinatown】章诒和:最后的贵族——康同璧母女之印像巴塔哥尼亚探风 (1)迪拜瑞吉酒店(The St Regis Dubai Downtown)豪华大床房(Deluxe King Room)入住体验A poem to the beautiful 亦菲:【Poem Reading Tuesday】all the time I pray to Buddha by Kobayashi夫妻把日子过好的3栏能力—我的三个美女表姐婚姻的启示【Poem Reading Tuesday】Fire and Ice by Robert Frost证监会对1家企业拟美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月26日—2024年2月1日)【 游吟诗稿】一月的风景【Poem Reading Tuesday】Meeting at an Airport by Taha Muhammad Ali
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。