Redian新闻
>
【Poem Reading Tuesday】Write a poem on the Northern Lights

【Poem Reading Tuesday】Write a poem on the Northern Lights

妖妖灵
楼主 (文学城)

An alternate rhyme is a pattern found in poetry in which the author intentionally alternates between two end sounds. Usually, the pattern changes from stanza to stanza. For example, the first stanza rhymes ABAB and the second rhymes CDCD.

Simple, yet precise, the ABAB pattern prompts you to write a quatrain in which the first line rhymes with the third, and the third line rhymes with the fourth

Grasp the nettle(感谢 7grizzly 推荐)

by Aaron Hill  (Stressed syllables are highlighted)

Tender-handed stroke a nettle,

And it stings you, for your pains:

Grasp it like a man of mettle,

And it soft as silk remains.

Homework: Write a poem on the Northern Lights(Aurora Borealis)that showed up in North America a few days ago.

PIC from Internet

方外居士
2 楼
交作业

Flying with light

To where you are heading?

Colorful  and  bright

Can you stay here and keep singing?

妖妖灵
3 楼
哇,How wonderful your E poem is!Rhymed very well!Congrats!
妖妖灵
4 楼
A perfect alternate rhyme!
忒忒绿
5 楼
交作业:)

Aurora borealis 
left arctic?
It is.
what a magic.

暖冬cool夏
6 楼
交作业:)支持一下。韵脚和pattern可能不太对。

Northern light was like Uncle Santa

Except he glided to the South in almost summer

The gifts he brought with were like Sonata

Except they were silent but splendid in color

附:女儿在西雅图拍到的照片:

妖妖灵
7 楼
Nice!Concise!Another perfect alternate rhyme!
妖妖灵
8 楼
Wow!Nice imaginary!Beautiful rhyme!How lucky is ur daughter!
妖妖灵
9 楼
Nice pictures!
最西边的岛上
10 楼
My try as below :-)

I couldn't meet you,
but I know you are colorful
I didn't see you 
but I hear you can dance
with the skies as the stage
with ever changing movements
you shone over mountains and oceans
dropped lights over forests and fields
and then you were gone, 
as fast and quiet as when you came

Note: Sorry that I was too sleepy to meet them 

方外居士
11 楼
有趣的经验。多谢鼓励!
移花接木
12 楼
Northern light! Pandora? Holy might? Aurora!
相关阅读
我在美国卖房子【Poem Reading Tuesday】Enclosed rhyme.Write a poem on a plant胡思乱想录十一 -- 下一代还需学编程吗?刘慈欣科幻《梦之海》发布主海报和首支预告,黄景瑜领衔主演,末日废土,摘星取海AI秀场| 这次adidas和miumiu的邂逅,真是美绝了A poem to the beautiful 亦菲:拿酒店的洗发水香皂回家丢人吗李树的困惑轻“松”看中日之异同【Poem Reading Tuesday】大家和写英文歌:【Childhood Memory 】 童鞋们,六一快乐!【Poem Reading Tuesday】Aliens by Amy Lowell《宇宙探索编辑部》:惊鸿一瞥 出人意外的平安【Poem Reading Tuesday】Pippa's Song by Robert Browning我们起航吧【Poem Reading Tuesday】Alliteration. WriteEnglishLyrics童年的回忆China Faces Another Blisteringly Hot Summer, Experts WarnDiscovering Shanghai’s Jiangnan Culture Through Ancient TownsPowerful Tornado Kills 5 as Extreme Weather Batters Guangdong【Poem Reading Tuesday】We wear the mask 英文诗有“平仄”吗?Blending Sports With Travel, Chinese Fans Set Sights on Paris这穿搭可以说是极简风的天花板,跟她学避免油腻感还高级【Poem Reading Tuesday】作业:Dandelions【Poem Reading Tuesday】The rain &“Figurative language”答案更新也谈父母在孩子生命中的重要性小扎40岁,华裔妻子送他怀旧小屋,比尔.盖茨到场!还能扛【Poem Reading Tuesday】Assonance and HW:【Friend】【求职战报】全球金融交易平台Deutsche Börse Systems销售运营面试邀约!【Poem Reading Tuesday】The Star 英文诗和英文歌的节奏有关系吗美国妹纸分享嫁给亚洲老公后的惊人变化.......每天10句英语口语|I thought something was wrong正在发生中的德州老中聚居区两所高中的事青烟一缕入大漠(十一)’金色’ 的童年:The Shanghai Temple Offering Noodles for the SoulHigh Spirits: The American Pondering Baijiu’s Place in the World最近看了一个故事片《Shock》原来咖啡机里真的会有大批的死蟑螂!(慎入)固定收益 | 【REITs深度观察】估值与基本面的背离——公募REITs2024年5月报一片冰心在磁壶 ——二手店竞拍瓷器实录The Firefighter Documenting Sichuan’s Plateau Forest Fires
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。