Redian新闻
>
Following the weather

Following the weather

移花接木
楼主 (文学城)

Following the weather forcast or playing fair gamble, what we are really playing is a probability game.

From my last few weeks experience, i.e. I became more weather concerned since I started taking public transportation, I found that my local weather forcast accuracy is about 10%. That's not bad at all. You might thought I am joking that I meant 10% is better than 0%. Nope, I am serious, and 10% is no better than 0%.

Probability becomes tricky at certain point.

Q: What is the worst prediction accuracy 1%, 2%, or 0% ?

None of them, the worst is 50%, it is the lowest winning rate. If the accuracy is higher than 50% we follow the prediction, straight forward. If the accuracy is lower than 50% (learned from our statistic) we just reverse our decision from the prediction, "straight backward". We bid with reverse logic. If the weather accuracy is 10% , we do the opposite from what the forcast says we get 90% winning chances.

This Tuesday I used reversed logic ignoring the rain forcast, I should have 90% chances of winning.

But I was caught by the 10% rain. The next day, Wednesday, I changed my horse in midstream, I followed the weather forcast of rain, I drove and expected to get my car washed by the rain, this time fate faved the 90%, i.e. no rain; rain never came down, I lost a day's hiking fun.

Today, the weather said snow and cold, this could be the last cold day of this winter, I didn't want to miss this. My body can be very active at around -10C, and I want to embrace the snow fall. Up to this point the sun still shines. Where is my appointed snow?

Anyway, to me, it is an all winning game, I get my walking in a chill at least, and I won't take any weatherproof action in the future. I am really having fun.

最西边的岛上
2 楼
U are so funny!!! Hahahahaha
妖妖灵
3 楼
哈哈, u haven't ur car washed? Change ur horse in midstream—-
妖妖灵
4 楼
Come to the US to study meteorology!:)
妖妖灵
5 楼
Always carry an umbrella in ur bag! Equal to weight lifting
移花接木
6 楼
我们这边天气预报今晚晴天是这样:Tonight sunshine
妖妖灵
7 楼
Today, moonshine:)
7grizzly
8 楼
I was happy it rained as I was driving to gym today:-)
移花接木
9 楼
游泳浑身钻水里都没事还怕淋雨? 我从来没用过雨伞
最西边的岛上
10 楼
Actually, I always read rain forecast this way:
最西边的岛上
11 楼
40% chance &under means no rain, 60% &over take the rainCoat
最西边的岛上
12 楼
but funny I never see 50% chance, hello weather network? ;-)
妖妖灵
13 楼
不一样,游泳是全身运动。你这大冷天在零度时被冬雨淋着,会冻成冰棍儿的:)
godog
14 楼
It's better to flip a coin than follow the forcast
盈盈一笑间
15 楼
做自己高兴的事就好。haha
相关阅读
【Downtown轻奢公寓】345 Harrison【Emerson/Suffolk/Chinatown步行可达】Follow the weather今天是闰日,四年一次!你运动了吗证监会对1家企业拟美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月26日—2024年2月1日)"火人节艺术家必看!2024年火人节RAT团队征集倒计时!2月29日截止!我和孩子说,别找中国大陆背景的配偶,他们的父母控制欲太强,高耀潔葬禮上家人致謝也谈贾玲大姐(高耀潔)帶我看飛機,我帶大姐坐火車鸿发超市「2000 万美元」买下82街前Walmart超市!开设第4家Hông Phát分店!12.31.23 新年!新年! 你慢点来献花庆祝摄坛《摄影故事》活动圆满成功有个帖子讲长相的重要性漫画 :人间百态[龙年卜卦]我们生活的现实,是虚拟的。有八大迹象显示,宇宙,是上帝创造的一个游戏。苏向东2023年17幅卡纸作品回顾展【龙年卜卦】赵安吉在水里泡了一个钟头+AI和减肥药最红!岁末漫笔-回望2023比特币挖矿,除了乱费能源之外,对社会有任何益处吗?证监会对6家企业拟香港/美国上市,出具备案补充材料要求(反馈意见)(2024年1月19日—2024年1月25日)特别策划 | We Lead,NOT Follow 发现引领者的力量每天10句英语口语|How long have you been studying English here?高耀潔葬禮上生平簡介本人不炒BITCOIN,不是因为是道德家。。Powerful Tornado Kills 5 as Extreme Weather Batters Guangdong各位兄兑,各位姐,今天俺得了一块“青蛙王子”奖牌2024/25 Chevening Clore Leadership Fellowship 项目开放申请见过男生,我才深深理解了闺女的自卑2023年守岁The Shanghai Temple Offering Noodles for the Soul如果乌克兰失败,那么俄国下一步就会打通苏瓦尔基走廊。所以北约的底线就是在合适时机出兵乌克兰拜拜2023,嗨嗨20243到7天,就没了!退休金不够,延迟退休的数字解析一小时挣个好名声无题2023年,小难无重伤我为什么认为在社交媒体上询问病情和回答问题是扯淡婚姻跳板之二我与大雁有约
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。