Redian新闻
>
APAD: Nothing is certain but death and taxes

APAD: Nothing is certain but death and taxes

移花接木
楼主 (文学城)

Nothing is certain but death and taxes

A rather fatalistic and sardonic proverb. It draws on the actual inevitability of death to highlight the difficulty in avoiding the burden of taxes.

Several famous authors have uttered lines to this effect. The first was Daniel Defoe, in The Political History of the Devil, 1726:

"Things as certain as death and taxes, can be more firmly believed."

Benjamin Franklin (1706-90) used the form we are currently more familiar with, in a letter to Jean-Baptiste Leroy, 1789, which was re-printed in The Works of Benjamin Franklin, 1817:

"'In this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."

Another thought on the theme of death and taxes is Margaret Mitchell's line from her book Gone With the Wind, 1936:

"Death, taxes and childbirth! There's never any convenient time for any of them."

妖妖灵
2 楼
Taxes in the US are too high. Almost 50% of income goes to
妖妖灵
3 楼
taxes~
7grizzly
4 楼
Thoreau said I make myself rich by making my wants few.
7grizzly
5 楼
fewer wants, less tax. US gov does not feel threatened tho:)
暖冬cool夏
6 楼
But I heard Wallen Buffet pays little taxes, so did D Trump:
移花接木
7 楼
r u investor? any investment occured lose/interest/expense

can be claimed for tax deduction. 

移花接木
8 楼
working class pays the dearest
移花接木
9 楼
some said, watching his big family made him feeling rich
移花接木
10 楼
spiritually rich
最西边的岛上
11 楼
Still buried in 2023 taxReturns, hopefully done byTomorrow;(
最西边的岛上
12 楼
Thx 4 covering!
移花接木
13 楼
?? Deadline Apr 30. Early birds already received CCR/CAI
最西边的岛上
14 楼
I know. But we need to pay $$$$Tax, so theLaterTheBetter;)
最西边的岛上
15 楼
rich people can hire crooked accountant 2 cooked theBook ;(
暖冬cool夏
16 楼
Sure, I know how it works.
天边一片白云
17 楼
That is so true.
相关阅读
【广州美国中心活动】纪录片放映和讨论:《传粉昆虫》,2024年4月25日,星期四,晚上7:00-9:00摩西之死(The Death of Moses)我在收拾房子,争取五月上市,正现金流 1000《时空的花朵》&《白》爆火Diesel 3折起!North Face/Under Armour无门槛半价!赫莲娜7折!一说退休炸出这么多资深老留。求退休建议 ,把401K的钱完再申请 ssn,还是同时同时拿好?APAD:Walnuts and pears you plant for your heirs讲成吉思汗后裔的故事(上)应要求写个职场系列(4)拍摄"日全食"的秘籍 丨 2024年4月8日,日全食将横穿美国大陆丨 天文奇观7053 血壮山河之枣宜会战 宜昌溃战 9介绍 Facebook Buy Nothing project其实 童谣的气质蛮好的, 她在《大江大山》《心居》《叛逆者》《微暗之火》中看起来都不错刷屏看‘’曹奶奶爱唠嗑‘’竞赛有没有用?投坛应评选最舍得花钱富豪排行榜,我选福虎。谁想跟他争吗?好人短命;何赛飞分享女人快乐秘籍;真爱在细节APAD: "Slow and Steady Wins The Race"美国签证各领区加急预约!靠谱!2024年4月27日中国各领馆美国签证预约最新时间!另开一帖,问楼下,说到底,还是舍不得不挣钱刚刚,交易所公布最新IPO排队名单(截止到2024年4月21日)​2024年4月20日星期六RELO北京英语教学研讨会”我是因为羞愧,才将那些肮脏的东西泼出来,以为把别人弄脏了,自己就不会显得很可耻。[干货] nothing but 和 no more than 都表示“仅仅”,有何区别?APAD: Play ducks and drakes跌爬滚打也二三十年了,一直搞不懂割韭菜是啥个意思?也许有点Not Young But Naive,APAD: Curiosity killed the cat, but今日俄军损失报告 4/29KUNDUN/Dalai Lama - Martin Scorsese\'s Hidden Gem不知道波大后悔了没有APAD: do as I say and not as I do国家药监局关于批准注册292个医疗器械产品的公告(2024年4月)人生不是一场必赛美股基本面 - 2024_03_01 * 晨报 * 纽约社区银行盘前大跌 公司发现内控存在重大缺陷、CEO也被撤换。世贸组织部有你的笔记本吗?笔记本CPU性能释放天梯图 2024年4月19日回国顺道游【0】绕地球半圈旅行的尽头是日本(27)东京的第一家兰州拉面少年不知愁滋味刚刚,交易所公布最新IPO排队名单(截止到2024年4月28日)
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。