Redian新闻
>
APAD: Simple but not too simple

APAD: Simple but not too simple

最西边的岛上
楼主 (文学城)
Some say the phrase came from Albert Einstein:  "Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler" which is often used as an appeal to make a subject as easy as possible to understand, though of course not so easy that it becomes meaningless.

It’s not hard to understand why this quote is so often attributed to Einstein, whose theories are (rightly) famous for their breath-taking economy and the astonishing simplicity of their founding principles. The quote is also exactly the kind of rhetorical ear-candy for which Einstein is known, short and informal, yet affecting a casual profundity with its little antithetical twist.

But in fact, there is no record of Einstein saying the words above. Though, he is on record as saying, "the supreme goal of all theory is to make the irreducible basic elements as simple and as few as possible without having to surrender the adequate representation of a single datum of experience.”

For Einstein, simple does not (necessarily) mean simple to comprehend. Einstein uses simple in the sense of pure, unalloyed and elementary. Far from just grabbing hold of Ockham’s razor and hacking our subject down to something our minds can finally digest with ease, Einstein is telling us to grapple with the full complexity of our subject, but to build our understanding using as few and as simple elements as possible.
-------------------------------------------------------   As I am so far far away from Einstein, I prefer simplicity (ie. no scheming), and simpler is even better ;-).  So I present you some simple pictures I took yesterday with my simple (= Wilbur and No P图) 8 yrs old iPad.  Note the baby carrots in the first picture came with singles (sorry one has been eaten), twin, triple,quadruple, all made by Nature herself, how wonderful!   Happy Sunday to you all!

1. veg bought from the farmer's market. 2. peony in back garden 3. Iris in front garden
移花接木
2 楼
KISS engineering design principle.KeepItSimpleStupid
移花接木
3 楼
看过一个美国农机维修诉讼案。美国农民很多情况自我找配件维修农机,当今的厂家把设备电子化程度越来越高,以至于新配件必须联网
移花接木
4 楼
远程激活,于是农民们就想法破解维修,被厂家起诉这属于黑客行为,州诉讼结果农民维修自己的农机合法,还影响苹果开放几个后门
7grizzly
5 楼
In writing: cut the needless words!
7grizzly
6 楼
Not that sentences should be terse, but every word counts.
移花接木
7 楼
我认为这就是厂家超越simple enough,甚至借客户缺乏相关知识去牟利
移花接木
8 楼
我好奇iris 为什么叫这个名字与iris有什么关系吗?
7grizzly
9 楼
Industry std practice: confuse to profit. Nice story, BTW.
最西边的岛上
10 楼
"It's the economy, stupid" ;-) - James Carville
移花接木
11 楼
市场上掏到的二手备件不能用,厂家通过激活收取高昂费用
最西边的岛上
12 楼
veryMuchRight, I learned that in juniorHigh ;-)
移花接木
13 楼
reply in WXC especially, use acronyms as possible:-)))))
7grizzly
14 楼
I'm sure this happens. Is there a link to the story?
最西边的岛上
15 楼
刚去查了,好像无关?plants dateBack 2 AncientGreece, nameFromGreekWord
最西边的岛上
16 楼
?ρι? ?ris "rainbow", alsoName 4Greek goddessOfRainbow ;-)
移花接木
17 楼
No. YouTube pushed video
妖妖灵
18 楼
一方叶子养一方花瓣:细长的叶子花瓣是细长的,椭圆的叶子花瓣是椭圆的
最西边的岛上
19 楼
not necessary ;-) eg. poppy (罂粟, see pic below)

妖妖灵
20 楼
这不是我说的细长的叶子。细长的叶子是这种:

https://wapbaike.baidu.com/tashuo/browse/content?id=70e3fa16868af90e14800b97

最西边的岛上
21 楼
I see. Thx :-)
移花接木
22 楼
还真有普遍性,香水百合的叶子与花瓣形状完全一样,Trillium三瓣花,叶子也是三片一组,形状也都一样
妖妖灵
23 楼
真的?!花是彩色的叶,叶是绿色的花:)
天边一片白云
24 楼
哈哈,你的那些Carrots太好玩了。你特意挑的吧?还一,二,三,四摆着。
最西边的岛上
25 楼
没有挑,回到家才发现 ;-)好玩儿吧?
相关阅读
纳兰词三首:天仙子 梦里蘼芜;清平乐 风鬟;山花子 欲话心情APAD: Nothing is certain but death and taxes爱美丽的小三比赛毛泽东1959年致六级干部的公开信simple naive trust-bi-racious marriage(古詩英譯)惠崇春江晚景 – (其二)苏轼分享一下南卡希尔顿首岛上的住房和花费,给各位想买度假房或者退休房的一个参考。APAD: do as I say and not as I do100个俯卧撑挑战:第二天第二练,比想象的难得多2024年6月绿卡排期:职业移民停滞不前,亲属移民表A和表B各有一个类别前进!看到下面的ESPP 讨论,可能每个公司的规定不一样?我们公司的目前只能食有鱼黄仁勋 · 加州理工2024届毕业典礼演讲 | 2024年6月14日(全文+视频)【七律】 周末打球球场到处是积水有题雅魯藏布2025QS最佳留学城市排名发布!英国伦敦蝉联榜首!波士顿仍是美国最佳留学城市!新大陆 (17.5 – 18)[干货] nothing but 和 no more than 都表示“仅仅”,有何区别?2024年6月美国移民排期更新北卡哪个城市比较易居汤勺马聚,以色列会攻击伊朗本土作为还击Tesla 股东 下周vote on 一龙的54Billion package.老地主新问题2024年6月美国移民排期:前进167天!!你的排期到了吗?老烟记事(422) 铁丝篓2024年6月29-7月3日广州林文采萨提亚模式专业证书课程 Level one(二阶,可插班)近两年身边有没有新发或复发癌症?我身边有了新发的白血病。病毒很可怕!2024年6月22-23日长沙邵歆然导师《关系智慧工作坊》EducationUSA 在线讲座系列:细说美国研究生院申请,2024年5月9日(星期四)18:30-20:00APAD: Teachers die, but books live on大虎加拿大打冰球APAD: Curiosity killed the cat, but2024年6月12-16日吉利根老师催眠线上授证课第二模块(附广州精英催眠营证书课程时间)跌爬滚打也二三十年了,一直搞不懂割韭菜是啥个意思?也许有点Not Young But Naive,胡乔木明确向毛泽东报告:韶山附近的公社饿死人了伊朗真的反美反以吗?马斯克炮轰波音:Too many non惊闻发小被留置,兼说腐败和出身(古詩英譯)惠崇春江晚景 (其一) - 蘇軾
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。