Redian新闻
>
APAD: "Slow and Steady Wins The Race"

APAD: "Slow and Steady Wins The Race"

最西边的岛上
楼主 (文学城)
The meaning of the proverb is that the best results come from consistent and effective efforts.

It is commonly cited as originating from one of Aesop’s fables, specifically the story “The Tortoise and the Hare.”  A tortoise is similar to a turtle, however, it lives on land rather than in water. A hare is a type of rabbit. Tortoises are notoriously slow, while rabbits are notoriously swift.

The tortoise and the hare are racing in the story. Because the tortoise is so far behind, the hare gets overconfident and figures he may take a nap before finishing the race. This is analogous to someone being overconfident and ceasing to work hard. While the hare is sleeping, the turtle keeps going and wins the race.

As a result, this story—and the phrase—reminds us that it is preferable to work steadily—moderately—every day rather than very hard for brief periods of time.
-----------------------------------------------------------

That is the rule I follow when cleaning the bathtub: put on rubber gloves, drop some "vim" on the sponge and keep rubbing, and rubbing, and rubbing,  until eventually the tub is sparkling clean.

But I do wonder, while the proverb is true for ordinary people like me, will it fit for everyone and everywhere and everything?  What about those special ones who can be both fast and steady?      
移花接木
2 楼
true for many cases if not for most cases, haste makes waste
妖妖灵
3 楼
I can not be steady for sure. Change always holds :)
7grizzly
4 楼
Special ones win. No doubt. The challenge, however, is to
7grizzly
5 楼
find out one's specialty.
最西边的岛上
6 楼
and I've made many in the past. ;-)
最西边的岛上
7 楼
hahaha, me the same, but not on everything.
最西边的岛上
8 楼
So selectively to be steady and not to be steady,
最西边的岛上
9 楼
but not at the same time. ;-)
最西边的岛上
10 楼
Very true. I'm good at numbers, what is yours? ;-)
7grizzly
11 楼
Enviable skill you have. Me? I'm very good at retiring :-)
最西边的岛上
12 楼
This is a task which truly needs 2 be slow and steady

To move very sticky honey from the big jar to small ones.  I just finished doing it this morning and won (= there is no honey dropped outside the jars). 

最西边的岛上
13 楼
握手!
7grizzly
14 楼
You are the Zen master! Honey's color looks rare.
天边一片白云
15 楼
你们都是好tortoise,要不APAD不会坚持这么久。我经常想躺平,你们激励着我继续学,虽然脑子都变迟钝了。
最西边的岛上
16 楼
peace river creamed organic honey. bought 4 jars on special

amazon canadian site:

https://www.amazon.ca/Peace-River-Creamed-Organic-Honey/dp/B007M6DJ2Q/

最西边的岛上
17 楼
they truly are, but I'm only a beginner :-)
盈盈一笑间
18 楼
后排点赞,有空细看。谢谢分享。
相关阅读
「think step by step」还不够,让模型「think more steps」更有用一边收拾旧衣服,一边感叹家庭煮男主妇的,怎么就不能有这种选项不就全都解决问题了吗?两轮游台湾 - 我的所见,所闻和所想《一路走来的宇宙 15》《周处除三害》爆火,英文名为啥是「The Pig , The Snake and The Pigeon」?我的城市(30)纽约的地主要当心劝君莫惜花前醉 2024.03.02Last Stop: Looking Past the Stigma Facing China’s MorticiansThe Chinese ‘Auntie’ Who Hit the Road — and Never Looked Back童年故事(22):足球场上身影疾(下)和老婆大人讨论家庭和教育请教一个问题,如果长期持有的两只股票,将百变Wendy进行到底——《相约今宵·2024澳洲春晚》总导演Wendy Mao四城巡演精彩回顾我们家的情况,老婆不上班,弊大于利国内现在流行宠妻文学,搞得女孩子要求高,男孩子不敢结婚这篇文章讨论为什么上中产在Ivy+录取中不受待见,或许对孩子们选校、ED、申请FA与否有些借鉴意义。老態龍鍾的野獸hé bàng?hé bèng?【花样女神节】抢跑/暖场/打call/提前花 《春三月》寒风里Beyond the State: China's Private Medical Groups Go Global乌克兰租客贺新年藏头诗新大陆 (2)这么说对吗:川菜、湘菜,也就是辣,是促炎食物?这个问题有点儿意思ZT:俄国侵占我国领土588万平方公里,苏联解体时,我们为何没收回?中西方的经济独立《桃花诺》为【花样女神节 】打 call~~2024年3月21-24日广州蔡敏莉导师九型人格训练:谁在制约你?西湖春晓每天10句英语口语|How long have you been studying English here?快速减肥,快速致富,快速收拾家务。马拉松与跑步趣闻(3)喝珍珠奶茶喝到换肾再回首 (十)二首和诗绿色金融 | 2024政府工作报告:大力发展绿色低碳经济——绿色金融月报(2024年3月)计算机宅男其实是好的分担养娃重担的老公,很多都有在家工作选择,一周三天在家工作的机会很多。
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。