Redian新闻
>
What the CIA can't do

What the CIA can't do

renqiulan
楼主 (文学城)

Believe it or not, truth is what the Central Intelligence Agency is after. Indeed, intelligence and counterintelligence are all about truth because truth hurts, as the saying goes. Truth can always be weaponized to the detriment of a targeted entity. That's why every CIA officer is fully ready to cite this quote by Winston Churchill: "In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies." It is interesting to note that Churchill loved truth as a cherished lady in danger. But then I digress.

The Cold War gave birth to the CIA. However, the Cold Warriors were not so adept at anti-terrorism. Following 9/11, along with other intelligence bureaucracies, the CIA was called on the carpet for failing to connect the dots. The missing lines and links might be a result of an honest mistake, but it was a fatal mistake nonetheless. Needless to say, some heads had to roll, figuratively speaking. That's called accountability.

Still, some conspiracy theorists never give up the notion of an omnipotent CIA in Teflon. They portray the CIA as the ultimate conspiracy practitioner that has somehow divinely brought about the Color Revolutions abroad while running a Deep State at home. The burden of proof is theirs and they have no proof whatsoever. But fools rush in and swallow their conspiracy theories hook, line, and sinker.

Popular movements such as the Color Revolutions, however, are quite beyond the reach of the CIA. For one thing, no one can engineer spontaneity. No plotter can choreograph hundreds of thousands of people from all walks of life into an organic force of change. The CIA plays no god. It is no god. At best, it can have a marginal impact on the ebb and flow of a popular movement. CIA or no CIA, people are more sophisticated and independent-minded than they are given credit for. Nicolae Ceau?escu learned it the hard way, didn't he?

Historically, Americans had their "wildcat strikes." Who else can herd the wildcats but the wildcats themselves? In 2004, Ukraine's Orange Revolutionaries were wildcats--intelligent, nimble, self-initiated and self-directed. There's no way the CIA could or can herd the wildcat revolutionaries with a magic wand. This fact is a major reason why America prefers to turn the screws on Putin and his ilk with economic sanctions. Let Putin blame America until the Russians blame him more. If and when the Russians blame Putin enough, the roots of a wildcat revolution will have a better chance to take hold in Russia. It is a waiting game the CIA is playing. By "waiting," I mean that the CIA is keeping an ear to the ground, not sitting on its hands.

Author: renqiulan

花似鹿葱
2 楼
晚安!
LYJiang
3 楼
老弟,你什么时候在这个课题上做工夫?
renqiulan
4 楼
葱姐晚安!
renqiulan
5 楼
江先生又取笑我。家事、国事、天下事,事事关心嘛。
LYJiang
6 楼
书生论政过瘾,还是吟风弄月过瘾?
renqiulan
7 楼
用心写,开心写,就过瘾。论政也好,吟诗也好。中国古人如是,今人不妨如是。何况在言论自由之乡?
LYJiang
8 楼
知你会这样对答的。好,收货。周末由你们夫妇做响导,领我们一游美国独立革命的根据地。咱们正在康州。晚了。
renqiulan
9 楼
先生晚安!
LYJiang
10 楼
且慢。文中的“in Teflon”, 可否略为解释一下。我不晓。
renqiulan
11 楼
Teflon 是一种保护衣着。引伸为:即使任人攻击,也毫发不損。Ronald Reagan was in Teflon.
LYJiang
12 楼
老弟,明白了。谢谢!
renqiulan
13 楼
何必客气?先生明日康州览胜愉快!
寒苇
14 楼
I like it when you throw doubt on the Deep State conspiracy.
renqiulan
15 楼
Thanks, Wei Wei. All I ask is proof. No proof, all doubt.
寒苇
16 楼
Conspiracy theories are oversold. Deep State blah blah blah.
renqiulan
17 楼
Hahaha! Seriously, we need a dose of skepticism.
寒苇
18 楼
BTW,do you believe that George Washington had a spy network?
lovecat08
19 楼
CIA的大本营在VA,开车经过时,老想起电影里面,他们训练成员,很严格。。。。。。。。。。。
renqiulan
20 楼
Are you referring to the novel "The Inner Circle"?
寒苇
21 楼
Now I can say, literally, we're on the same page.
lovecat08
22 楼
看过DC spy 博物馆,就有Mclean CIA的人卖情报给俄国spy,把东西放在自家垃圾桶里,被抓到了。。。。。。
renqiulan
23 楼
You're so well-read in literature and history. Amazing.
lovecat08
24 楼
晚安!秋兰。
renqiulan
25 楼
I rely on open sources. We're taxpayers. We should care.
renqiulan
26 楼
Goodnight, Madam Cat!
寒苇
27 楼
You're making me blush, again.
renqiulan
28 楼
Maybe you're showing your true color.
寒苇
29 楼
Man, have you ever run out of humor?
renqiulan
30 楼
Nope. And you?
寒苇
31 楼
Hardly, when you're my interlocutor.
renqiulan
32 楼
Same here.
AP33912
33 楼
里根时的议长M省的T O'Neill, 很有眼界的,不像如今。他与老里应合作不错吧。
花似鹿葱
34 楼
小时候我家有一本书《中央情报局内幕故事》,内部读物,第一次对中情局有认识,想当女特务,详看早期博

少年记忆(4)我的曾经不可言说的“远大理想”https://blog.wenxuecity.com/myblog/65898/201407/36011.html

renqiulan
35 楼
让我找来看看。谢谢葱姐!
renqiulan
36 楼
对。基于所谓互谅原则,更基于各得其利的政治考量,彼此合作,缺一不可。而今两君皆已作古。谢谢AP!
shuier
37 楼
You must be a nocturnal netizen.
renqiulan
38 楼
Not quite true. Both of us are here in the morning.
shuier
39 楼
Haha, true. I didn't expect you to write sth about the CIA.
renqiulan
40 楼
From now on, you'd better expect the unexpected.
shuier
41 楼
You know, you're one of my favorite interlocutors.
renqiulan
42 楼
Same here. Working from home?
shuier
43 楼
Fortunately, yes. I'll be right back.
renqiulan
44 楼
Take your time.
相关阅读
真的,ROTH IRA which broker is better? can trade stock and more ,,2023年5月18日医疗晨报学绑头发……雾雨黄昏一酎酒, 与谁同坐对秋蝉。【五月花嘉年华】早安唱坛之五月花小伙伴2023年5月18日历史上的今天从法律上来说,我必须离开store 吗杨修之死的独创新观点,杨修是死于曹操内部的派系斗争。(古詩詞英譯) 梅花 - 王安石〔宋代〕买一辆要停产的跑车保值嘛?保值嘛?咨询,宾州白玉房,5/5签了租约,2个月押金至今服了1400,我可以取消合同吗,把钱退给他们?见内故事介绍:古哨惊魂 (Oh, Whistle, and I\'ll Come to You, My Lad by M. R. J《祖国》&《可能》创新基金会:大陆创新能力正超美我也把周4当周末走资派兄和坛里其它的前辈,听过这首吗?童话镇【城事】巴黎市长将重修Châtelet 广场以方便行人【父爱如山】Can't help falling in love 父子各唱各的版【冯站长之家】2023年5月18日(周四)三分钟新闻早餐真的,下雨了人类最终将毁于AI【永葆童心】《Can You Feel the Love Tonight》迈富时、第四范式、米高化工、耐看娱乐、武汉有机5家港IPO上市备案补充材料要求(2023年5月12日—2023年5月18日)小孩青春期心理健康是大问题。。。致猫书:The weak can never forgive, but we are strong.5030 血壮山河之武汉会战 九江战役 52023年5月18日(周四)冯站长之家三分钟晚间新闻Trouble Is a Friend《我的父亲是流亡学生》: 16. 我想活下去书法没落之俺见国际要闻简报,轻松了解天下事(2023年5月18日)2023年5月18日价格早报Administrative leave 以后要做什么?国民警卫队会保卫特朗普吗?【𝐂𝐚𝐥𝐧𝐢𝐊𝐞𝐚𝐧双皮奶无痕内裤】49元三条!巨巨巨好穿 !!简直就是辣妹顶配,食品级冰箱收纳盒【一日团】2023年5月18日物联网新闻巴黎市长将重修Châtelet 广场以方便行人什么把我们聚到一起?
logo
联系我们隐私协议©2024 redian.news
Redian新闻
Redian.news刊载任何文章,不代表同意其说法或描述,仅为提供更多信息,也不构成任何建议。文章信息的合法性及真实性由其作者负责,与Redian.news及其运营公司无关。欢迎投稿,如发现稿件侵权,或作者不愿在本网发表文章,请版权拥有者通知本网处理。